Matterport 3D Tour Pros  |  Google Street View Pros  |  Real Estate Agents  |  3rd Party Service Providers
Should I buy a Camera? Quiz How Much to Start 3D Tour Business? Calculate How Much Can I Make as a Pro? Calculate Win More Listings? Calculate
View Map Full Screen
Last 30 Days: 72,192 Page Views | 11,199 Visitors | 87 New Members
WGAN Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 47,071  |  Total Topics: 6,501
3,880 WGAN Members in 108 Countries
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN Training Academy (Learn more)
WGAN-TV Live at 5
@Metroplex360 Chris Hickman Show and Tell
BLK360 Imaging Laser Scanner Mashed-up with MP
LASiris VRNCTechSPAR3D17SPAR3D18WGAN TV

Prediction: Matterport + NCTech LASiris VR6678

Forum Founder DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

360º Videos: NCTech Commercial Director Chris Dryden and Technical Sales Director Andrew Baddeley chat about NCTech's LASiris VR 3D Reality Capture Camera with We Get Around Network Forum Founder Dan Smigrod at the 2017 SPAR3D Expo and Conference.

--

NCTech LASiris VR 3D Reality Capture Camera, ColourCloud Software and Hosting Platform (OneStopVR.com)

--

Hi All,

The sun, moon and stars are about to align.

I could imagine that Matterport and NCTech will announce a strategic alliance at SPAR3D Expo & Conference (June 5-7, 2018 in Anaheim, CA) to enable the NCTech LASiris VR 3D Reality Capture Camera to seamlessly integrate with the Matterport Capture app to enable a mashup of Matterport and LASiris VR.

This would be a "cookie-cutter" of the Matterport pairing with Leica Geosystems BLK360 that's in public beta now (March/April 2018). (The fist non-Matterport hardware to pair with Matterport.)

When Matterport started, it had to simultaneously invent a camera, an app to run the camera, processing, hosting and delivery. There is no reason for Matterport to develop high-end cameras for the AEC space when there are companies like Leica Geosystems and NCTech doing so. Partnering with other 3D scanning/photography platforms simply makes more sense ...

While the LASiris VR was originally announced as "shipping Summer 2017", I could imagine that among other reasons that the LASiris VR has not started shipping was to allow for the integration requirements for Matterport. I could also imagine Google Street View accepting high-end depth data that also requires additional engineering by NCTech.

Interestingly, Leica Geosystems is an authorized reseller for NCTech worldwide.

I will be reporting live from SPAR3D on WGAN-TV. Stay tuned.

What do you think?

The perfect marriage of the Matterport platform with an under $15,000 3D reality LASER Capture Camera?

BTW, I correctly predicted - months before it was announced - that Matterport would allow other camera companies to publish to Matterport. See WGAN Forum Discussion: Matterport Cloud to Support Other Cameras? where I included Leica BLK360 and NCTECH LASiris VR on my short list of eight likely camera candidates.

Best,

Dan

WGAN Related Discussions

Matterport + Leica BLK360 Beta
SPAR3D: NCTech LASiris VR 3D Reality Capture
✓ All WGAN Forum Discussions Tagged: SPAR3D17
WGAN Meetup Anaheim, CA Tues., June 5, 2018
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hi All,

Do you think my LASiris VR 3D Reality Capture Camera + Matterport (above) prediction is spot on?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

The LASiris VR — 3D Reality Capture Camera USP's are
"Rethink How You Capture Reality.
No License Fees, No Contracts, Just Capture."
The captured data is saved on an SD card and "can be used on any third-party VR system or processed and shared on onestopVR.com"

OneStopVR provides:
"Upload VR. Edit VR. Share VR.
Easily backup, process, and share your data and provide you with truly amazing immersive walkthroughs and virtual tours of your real-world places."

The LASiris VR essentially does the same as the Leica BLK 360.
The Leica is faster scanning 360k pts/sec vs Lasiris VR 300k pts/sec
The Leica is smaller 100mm dia & 165mm H whilst the Lasiris is 200mm W X 270mm H
The Leica weighs 1kg vs 4.5kg for the Laziris
Imaging sizes: MP 134MP, Leica 150MP Laziris 120 MP
I understand that the Lasiris will have a lower price than the Leica by about a third.(Price indication seen previously on the web)

I think it would be a smart move by Laziris VR to have an association with Matterport, but I think one of the main USP's for me is its ability not to be locked into the MP ecosystem. The output of the camera is already usable in third-party apps without having to use MP as an intermediary.

I am still not clear what the BLK 360 & Lasiris brings to the MP ecosystem that does not already exist. Except for exterior point clouds.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@leonvanzweel

Are you able to join me on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET | GMT -4) tomorrow, Friday (13 April 2018) to discuss this?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod
Looking forward to joining you tomorrow.
Post 5 IP   flag post

Post 6 IP   flag post
47589 6 6
destitute