Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Offers $400 Off Pro2 3D Camera5817

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Just received this email from Matterport (5:30 pm EST Friday, 17 November 2017.

The subject live of the email:

💸 $400/£305/€345 Off 💸 Limited Offer for Current Customers

On Matterport's website, they are offering a $300 discount. Do you get to combine the discount?

There is no mention below that you can not combine the offers. Plus, no date of when the offer expires. Hmmmmmmmm

Your thoughts?

Dan

--

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
This is the third solicitation I've had this week. The other two were for $300 off......smelling desperation in the air?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user

New Ad in my FB newsfeed.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Its like when apple releases an (S) model. They don't change much, hype it up a ton, and expect people to jump on ship. They should be less focused on new hardware and more focused on an SDK to open up third party apps and add-ons to the software and workshop. Do you guys remember blackberry.....yea? They were the leaders in smartphones until apple came along an changed the world with an open market. "Theres an app for that". The only way Matterport survives is to do the same. As of right now I see them being the next blackberry.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
Forget the discount if they’re going to keep promoting the Pro2 as a replacement for needing an DSLR at least use photos in your fliers that are squared off [redacted]. How many professional still photos do you see looking down?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve received a post on Facebook at least 3 times [from Matterport] about my camera failing to record scans 20 times after the update.

I have uploaded 6 scans since Oct 30th, I’ve given them the model address of the scans and the model # of my camera. What is going on with this company?!?!?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
....and this evening, #4 of the week. This one is for $400 off! Sheesh!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by htimsabbub23
Its like when apple releases an (S) model. They don't change much, hype it up a ton, and expect people to jump on ship. They should be less focused on new hardware and more focused on an SDK to open up third party apps and add-ons to the software and workshop. Do you guys remember blackberry.....yea? They were the leaders in smartphones until apple came along an changed the world with an open market. "Theres an app for that". The only way Matterport survives is to do the same. As of right now I see them being the next blackberry.

The Pro-2 is much more than an S model. The image quality is much much much better and while it's a similar form factor, the internals have been retooled a lot. Heat management has become an issue. In addition, they had to bump up the connection speed to the iPad in order to transfer larger files. While it's certainly an upgrade and not something new -- I hate to say that the Pro-2 is a definitive device that outshines the Pro-1 in all areas. The onboard GPS is one of many thing that Matterport will be unlocking the full potential of in the future -- so as hard as it might be to pony up the cash on the new model, I'd suggest doing so and then marketing the fact that you offer Pro-2 scans and that customers should only roll with a Pro-2 Scan.

@ChadCloses Matterport's 'DSLR Replacement' line is so silly. It's really something quite different. Matterport photos do not look DSLR, but they look pretty nice. If Matterport were to offer more tools, it could qualify as a great 2-in-1 camera -- but it needs:

#1) A Camera mode with live preview. Extracting Snapshots is so ghetto and the camera height really needs to be lowered to get good images. Camera Mode could snap a 1/3 pano so that it's fast and ppl could fine tune the position of the 'photo' later -- what a cool feature, right?

#2) Camera Mode photos should appear in their own gallery. There should be some basic tools for white balancing and editing - and there are many photo editing plugins and open source things that they could use to enable this.

#3) Export to 1024x768 MLS standards. Save people time.

There's potential for Matterport to replace the need for a photographer for certain types of homes and in many Realtors could save money by opting in. While it will NOT substitute for hiring ME or MANY of you talented people out there for photography -- it's a viable solution that will appeal to some. It just needs more than marketing to make it work.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101749 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?