Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

How to demo Matterport on a big touch screen5093

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A Member writes...

Dan

My customer wants to share the Matterport Spaces on a TV touch screen for a Real Estate Expo.

Is this possible? how can they do it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that's Mr @Tosolini's specialty! I forgot the name of it but it looks fab
Post 2 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

How big of screen and what is the budget?

Here is a 70" monitor?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
As part of our work, we develop touch screen solutions for events and lobbies. MP models play well in a browser and they look really good on big high res touch displays (e.g. 4K 70"-80" ). Usually you want to go full screen even if you play an embedded model.
The only action that is tricky is the right-click mouse drag & drop for the doll house.We also embed MP scans into other apps, but performance starts to suffer.

Here are a couple of relevant past articles:

Interactive Digital Signage + Matterport

My pursuit for bigger MP Showcase screens
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Would it be possible to display it via Apple Air Play? Manipulate it on the iPad and same thing will show up on the large screen.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy I think it's possible. In that case you don't need a big touch screen, just an Apple TV device connected to a big monitor. The effect may not feel the same, but you save some money
Post 6 IP   flag post
Istanbul, Turkey
alirizacil private msg quote post Address this user
We have done it for one of our customers event. We conected our PC to touch screen monitor via HDMI cable. We had no problem navigatig teh showcase on touch screen.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rundblick3D private msg quote post Address this user
I had to do this at a fair once. In my experience it can be rather difficult to hold a microphone, address the audience and navigate through a tour on the touch screen all at the same time.
So if they want to use this for a presentation i would definitely recommend to do this with two persons.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Tette99 private msg quote post Address this user
I came across a cylindrical projection, don't know if it'll work with MP.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

We have done this for a Real Estate conference and it was a fantastic draw card.
We hired the touch tv/hard drive and it gave agents a way to be fully immersed in what we do. Once they had a play on the touch tv we then transitioned them to a swivel seat and put the VR headset on them to experience the same property in that way.
It was a great way to capture peoples attention and have them be fully involved.
We have since had a number of our Building company clients do the same and it seems to work brilliantly for them as well!
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Property3dNZ

This is amazing.

Any additional visual resources to help show and tell what you did?

Perhaps you made a video of the audience and what they were experiencing?

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Hi Dan its actually really ridiculous as an imagery based company but all we have are a couple of cellphone photos!!! I will hunt them out and see what they are like!
Post 12 IP   flag post
101749 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?