Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

How do I turn off this model?!?!4876

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Okay... what am I doing wrong?

An agent's property sold and he wants it to disappear from cyberspace. I deleted the WP3D model and so its off my website... No problem there.

But the old Matterport link still brings up the model despite the fact that I switched "OFF" the enable sharing.

I've logged out and in of my.matterport to ensure sharing is still set to off when I leave and come back.

Can any of you still see the model at this link?

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=iACVdotu3wy

Does it just take a bit of time before the link ceases to work? I was of the understanding that when you turned sharing off that the link was no longer viewable?!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

Yes. This link works (as of 10:23 am ET Friday, 23 June 2017). Is the link deactivated? Hmmmm. Do you have to delete the model? Yikes!

We use the SOLD feature in WP3D Models. This way the agent can continue to use the 3D Tour to win more and bigger listings more often and still comply with MLS regulations.

Seems like Matterport needs to study Vimeo. Vimeo has all these options about sharing/privacy ...

Dan

Screen Grab: Back-end of Vimeo Content Management System
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I pulled it right up.

In the interim,you could change the Presented By info to your info and get a little SEP bump?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@Queen_City_3D

I embedded your video here so that you will know when it is no longer visible.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had a half hour turn around time with Matterport Support which is pretty decent.

Here's what they said:

"Unfortunately, those who have Matterport Cloud and are logged into it are still able to access the model if they have the link to it. If you were to log out and clear your cache of the links, you would be unable to view the model. People who are not logged into Cloud will not be able to see it, nor will it show up on search engines if your cache is cleared as well. You can find more information about privatizing spaces here. The only way to make spaces completely private would be keeping it initially private and inviting collaborators instead.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any more concerns, feel free to let us know!"

The site they directed me to further states:

"Public Spaces can be viewed by anyone on the internet with the sharing link. However, they are not indexed. This means they will not appear in any search engine results.

Matterport does not share your public Spaces with third parties without your explicit permission. The only way someone can access your public Spaces is if they have the sharing link or if it is embedded on your website."

So am I correct in understanding that even when you turn off the sharing that anyone who has the link is still able to view the model? I thought when the link went away the model is shut down?

If that's the case it's another good reason to use WP3D model I suppose.
Post 5 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
"Matterport does not share your public Spaces with third parties without your explicit permission. The only way someone can access your public Spaces is if they have the sharing link or if it is embedded on your website."

Does realtor.com not count as a third party?

Do you not want to delete the model? If not, have you tried to move a trim and reupload, delete old one and just never make the new(old) public? I guess if you still have it backed up somewhere?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
One more reason not to share the Matterport link with clients. Embed the tour into your page and drive more traffic to your site. I'd go with @justinv on this one and re-upload idea if you want to keep the model around.
Post 7 IP   flag post
dtavres private msg quote post Address this user
Wow... how completely untrustworthy, inappropriate, unprofessional, and wrong! Matterport doesn't let you UNpublish a model?! Wow.

What are they thinking?! It makes me trust Matterport even less!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@dtavres Another reason to use WP3D plug-in I suppose. Lesson learned: don't share the matterport URL with clients, but rather one that you can delete at your leisure if required.

I agree with @justinv... one option would certainly be to upload a copy of the model and then delete the one with the URL you wanted to remove, but going the 3rd party route through WP3D is easier and as @VTLV says, it drives more SEO to your own website.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Bingo, you want those stats on your website. Sending them to Matterport doesn't help your traffic at all. Once you got a template hammered out, it's a cinch. I like the WP Matterport Shortcode Gallery Embed plugin if you're using Wordpress - Shoutout to @Metroplex360. Good luck!
Post 10 IP   flag post
101749 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?