32920 3 3
|Tim private msg quote post Address this user|
plus 1 0
|Hey, just wanted to see if the rest of the community considers this a forum for those that have actually invested in a camera. I'm always happy to help people out, but not sure I need to be wasting my time sharing info with people that don't actually have one. Don't want to sound like a jerk, but... Does anyone share the same opinion.|
|Post 1 IP flag post|
|DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user|
|@Tim thank you for asking the question. Looking forward to hearing input on this. If the consensus is must have a camera, I will require that to be a member.
That said, my initial thinking about members when I started the forum:
1. Own a Matterport camera
2. Engage matterport photographers
3. Related to the above such as CAD people
3. About to buy a camera (and read all links in my Matterport resources thread) and asked questions about opinions rather than easy-to-research facts
Does my initial thinking still apply (and maybe direct easy fact questions back to the Matterport resources thread, etc.)?
When I bough our camera, I wished this forum existed so that I could ask the brain trust hear on things not obvious.
|Post 2 IP flag post|
|ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user|
plus 1 0
|I agree that it could be both:
1) a place for potential users to get questions answered (maybe a newbie only thread that has a patient teacher type moderator)
2) the rest are restricted to experience users to post. The newbies could read to get an understanding, but can't just jump in and ruin the flow of the conversation with a question on how to plug it in...
|Post 3 IP flag post|