Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Drops Camera Price to $3,3004396

WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
From the Matterport Hardware upgrade package we can get that there are 3 versions of hardware named "rev_B" "rev_C" and "rev_D".
It is for the CPU board Nitrogen6x (with CPU: iMX6 from NXP(Freescale))

And the driver for RGBD sensor only have one version for PS1080 from PrimeSense.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP I'm interested in more elaboration on this.

Nitrogen6x:
https://boundarydevices.com/product/nitrogen6x-board-imx6-arm-cortex-a9-sbc/

Are you claiming that different Matterports contain different motherboards? If so, I'm interested in learning more about the differences between them. I am not familiar with reports of performance comparisons, but one would believe that this would be the primary difference.
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Here is the datasheet of CPU i.MX6Q
http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/data-sheets/IMX6DQCEC.pdf

There is not enough information we can google for that.
You can refer below one:
https://boundarydevices.com/latest-silicon-revision-for-i-mx6/

This post talk about "63010" and "63012" that used for revC;

"63020" was used for revD, but I can't find any information about it. Maybe you can try to find out some thing about it.

And currently no information for revB now.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Montreal3D private msg quote post Address this user
I bought mine april 7th so I'm following @Richierichks
Post 29 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I just spoke to Matterport and they have no interest in even crediting my account the $300 discount even after I threatened to return the camera. I even mentioned my concern with the problems that they have been having with scans having holes in them. @NicolasMorency maybe if you call up and try the same tactic it might get their attention.

It just seems that Matterport's agenda is not one that puts a lot of value on the needs of current customers, only on selling as many cameras as possible.

I'm kind of disappointed that this went this way and I'm really worried that I may have invested in technology that is about to be replaced.
Post 30 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks

If you talked with sales, it's likely that they already got their commission and don't care if you return the camera.

Have you tried calling Matterport Support and ask for the credit? Members report .. that works. No hassle.

If you don't get the $300 credit, I would return the camera and wait for the announcements likely at the Google Street View Summit 10-11 May 2017 in Tokyo. Register for the free WGAN-TV live stream.

Dan
Post 31 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Then my rep calls me back and tells me that he went back to his boss and got the credit approved!

Definitely makes me feel a lot better about my purchase!
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks

That's great.

Hard to believe they do not have a process in place for consistent messaging across departments.

At the very least, the sales rep should have referred you to Matterport Support rather than giving you the incorrect response of, no.

Dan

P.S. Anyone else that bought the camera in the last 30 days? Still an opportunity to get a $300 credit from Matterport.
Post 33 IP   flag post
101751 33 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?