Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Cloud Mice Nibbling Through Tours4385

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I have mice in my Matterport. They are nibbling through my tours.

I bet many of your have noticed:

- Frayed images
- Missing Walls
- Incorrectly processed trims or windows

Please post a quick response and a guess of how many models are effected and examples.

I have had over 14 affected tours. I really would like for Matterport to reprocess all tours submitted in the past 2 weeks, keeping the URLs the same and regenerating all snapshots even if it takes them hiring a team to manually replace things.

The burden of the recent changes to the cloud platform should not be on us. We cannot go back to our clients with new tour URLs and to ask us to go back and rebuild our highlight reels is a bit of an undue burden.

If Matterport will offer to reprocess these tours without URL changes and retaining our highlight reels (even better -- reprocess them as they contain location data!!!) -- I will be fine with the temporary inconvenience as I can inform my clients.

It's hard to see as WGA resizes images - but I've circled items from the first 2 scenes of this tour -- just to show how little mice are nibbling up my tours:

And then every tour recently submitted has walls nibbled out too as the trim/window tools are acting up.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Yup... I've also noticed the frayed edges have been really badly as of late.

Very frustrating.
Post 2 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
I had to disable a few scans on this Tour that I processed Last Friday and went live on Monday. "Mouse Nibbles on the back of dining room chairs closest to the window.

Look inside "A Bear's Hideaway"

I would love to have it corrected. I just didn't realize the issue was that common. I just thought I had a bad scan. Thank you!

God Bless,
Chris
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I can understand vertical misalignments from the 3 lenses that don't share nodal points, but i just had some horizontal misalignments.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
I've had holes in a couple of my models that weren't there in the capture app. Engineering fixed one model and still waiting on the 2nd to be fixed. They were suggesting it was bc of sunlight or scan distances were too far apart but the scans were 4-7 ft apart and no direct sunlight/major glares were present in those areas
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Yes me too. Had large sections missing
It did correct all but one when I removed the trim and windows (dollhouse/floor plan) but the internal panos still had lots of stitching errors
Post 6 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
Same here, disabled a lot of scans that where even worse, but below is a screengrab of one that couldn't be just disabled.

Post 7 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I saw these issues in a scan I did for my father-in-law two weeks ago. I'm scanning a large home today and I hope this doesn't happen. I haven't done enough scans to know what's normal and what is and issue. I'm doing a "First Standard Tour for Free" promotion to get my name out there. I can't have these kinds of issues right out of the gate! I hope they are working on the issues 24/7!
Post 8 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I saw a few in my last 3 tours and I hope it can be rectified without having to do everything over again,
Post 9 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
I noticed the issue also but my only thought was, " ".

I didn't have a thought on it, I didn't care and I WON'T care until it somehow, someway affects my business.

In the past, whenever there is an issue like this I explain to everyone that the technology is super new, still working on perfecting it and whether you hire me or one of my competitors you're going to experience the same issue.

Sure...it's not perfect but keeping everything in perspective, there was a three car accident down the street yesterday morning and someone was killed. I could give a S!@#$ about a few inches of visual distortion on a hi-tech 3D model.

WITH THAT SAID....

This is another fine example of less than adequate communication between 'them' and 'us'.

A simple "Hey Matterport Providers....we've experienced a technical glitch that we're aware of and working on. Thanks for your patience while we work through this."

I remember one time in a previous life I was waiting tables and the food times were nearly 45 minutes. 45 MINUTES!!

You know what I did?

I went to each of my five tables, explained that it was a Friday night and two cooks didn't show up. I explained that the manager rolled up his sleeves and was back there cooking. I let them know that food was taking up to 45 minutes to an hour but we are most certainly doing the absolute best we can.

Guess what?

Not a single person was upset, complained or threatened they'd 'go to a competitor'.

Simple communication.

A simple technical glitch is not a concern. The lack of obvious communication from the source is one - but not a huge or unexpected one.
Post 10 IP   flag post
North Myrtle Beach, SC
cswartz private msg quote post Address this user
I have been experiencing the same sort of problems. Glad to know I'm not alone, And also hope it's resolved soon!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen this the past 1-2 weeks. When we flatten the dollhouse view to a floor plan view and start to draw floor plans, the floors views can be messed up and overlapping.

This used to happen if part of a floor was marked to belong to another floor, but now it appears even when each scan of the floor belongs to that floor.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenHattan
I remember one time in a previous life I was waiting tables and the food times were nearly 45 minutes. 45 MINUTES!!

You know what I did?

I went to each of my five tables, explained that it was a Friday night and two cooks didn't show up. I explained that the manager rolled up his sleeves and was back there cooking. I let them know that food was taking up to 45 minutes to an hour but we are most certainly doing the absolute best we can.

Guess what?

Not a single person was upset, complained or threatened they'd 'go to a competitor'.

Simple communication.

My manager would offer them a free 'Fried Cheese' and at worst, a $10 gift card to Bennigan's. It's been a long time since we had Bennigan's (or I had a boss), but I'd settle for the boss rolling up his sleeve at this point (and giving me a free app and gift card).
Post 13 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Yep communication goes a long way. If you are honest and tell the truth from the start, most will understand. Not all will, and some people just like to complain no matter what.
I'm sure matterport are addressing this issue as its in their best interest to have a good product.

That said, I hope they fix this bloody problem soon
Post 14 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@StevenHattan

I absolutely agree with you that from a 3D model perspective some frayed images here and there aren't a problem at all. I don't think anyone viewing the 3D model on a computer screen or VR headset would have any cause to complain.

The issue that I have with it is in providing snapshots from the model to clients to use as listing photos (rather than charging more to take separate photos). That's the only concern I have and it does affect business in that respect.

It's when you take the still shots and remove them from the 3D model that I feel customers will have complaints about image quality.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Whether or not Matterport fixes this challenge - and they should - they should absolutely offer an option where you can reprocess a model without the URL changing place AND the slide show and SnapShots from a previous tour can be used.

WP3D Models addresses one of these issues by enabling you to update a single property website with a different Matterport Spaces 3D Tour - without the URL changing for the agent.

Best,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
Steve3D private msg quote post Address this user
I have 3 models recently that have missing floors, and one with a hole in the middle of the room.

Trim lines from below the floor in question are deleting portions of the floors above.

No fix from support. Just advice as to not delete scans. No explanation on the trimming other than the obvious.

Actually I haven't replied to their excuses because I was shocked they didn't offer any sort of compensation or even any sort of "we will take care of that for you."

Keep charging me for processing.
No admission of a problem.
Models are missing floor areas.
Clients have commented...
Making me look bad.
I have to make excuses.

Disappointing.
Post 17 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
What I find ironic is that they just got Realtor.com onboard and now this happens! Surely they know what "upgrades" they did two weeks ago and should reverse them until they figure it out.

Their business model is starting to sound a lot like DJI's. Get the customer's money and don't worry about the glitches.

I love the technology but I am glad this isn't the only service I offer.

I have a scan tomorrow that one of my agents is paying for to try and get me one of her builder clients. I assume she likes service but thinks he should pay for it! I guess I will warn her and let her know that DJI, I mean Matterport, is working so hard on the issue that they cannot reply or send an email.
Post 18 IP   flag post
samgaetz private msg quote post Address this user
I am still having these issues. Walls are missing, Floor plans are screwed up and inaccurate, terrible Images stitching....that's only the tip of the ice berg.

@matterport Why is this happning!?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Happend to me two days ago. Have a very large devloper and the homes are 7000 - 18 000 sq ft. So going back and redoing is not an option. Yes you try and do extra scans per room to aviod this than trying to rush trough a property like some of the cowboys out there. I dont mind going over the 100 or 200 scan mark. Its more important that the client is happy and the product it the best on the market. Money comes second... happy wife happy life or something like that.

Also its is very annoying that door frames are broken or looks fractured ,also kitchen counter tops. And no the sunlight had no effect on this. I also try and scan 500mm away from walls as per Matterports guidelines I was sent awhile back for this when I had similar issues was an unofficial training guide from them. Wish that was included when I purchased the camera and not the its so easy even the tea lady can do it mumbo jumbo they were marketing.

I understand if its a small studio apartment or two bedroom but these are multimiliion dollar properties so they have to look like a million bucks. I have thought about the cause and its not an opperator error ... more a hardware software issue.

I have been looking at other products on the market as I have very big and intersting projects comming up, but I know my customers will just bin it if this is the quality they will recieve. I am not being negative just getting a bit frustratded. That there is so much work out there but rather focusing on us and getting the end produt right they still try and push camera sales and scolisist are clients. They need to get the other functunality up and running very quickly becuase there are soem big players on the horizon, and they will be caught with their pants down. I hope scincerely the new tech coming out will be comparable or even better than what we are using now. And that we own our work. This also cost me 40 + houses a month from a realtor company as I had to be open and transparent with the T&C so the loss is mine and Matterports so its a win win loose loose situation, cut your nose to spite your face. So I hope they wake up and smell the coffee. And like mentioned in this feed give us open and honest correspondance and feedback. Its free to send an email to us Matterport service providers to say hi we having problems just hang in their or go fishing you will make a lot more money or go and play golf. I know there are a lot of the service guys out there that feels like this at the moment.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Call me crazy but I am looking forward to seeing Matterport step up and fix these problems!

I think it's very important that we as a community raise awareness of issues like this with the assumption that Matterport will correct these problems. It's also important that we identify the issues and share any response that Matterport has.

Matterport needs to immediately identify these issues in the future to avoid confusion. I would have liked a message to appear in the Matterport Cloud UI that identified the problem and addressed that a fix was coming.

Matterport has officially acknowledged this problem and it has been started that they will reprocess recently submitted tours. It is my hope that we do not need to manually request the reprocessing angry my hope that they will retain out URLs as well as snapshots being recreated and all settings being retained.

If we are upset, imagine how upset they are at the situation.

My hope is that this some incident was caused by them working on improvements to processing time or quality and that unfortunately a tiny miscalculation caused a big mess that will be reversed.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
I'm having the same problem and have been noticing the nibbles become more and more prominent! I hope a fix is in the pipeline!!
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Property3dNZ

Matterport Newsletter sent Wednesday, 26 April 2017.

Dan

Post 23 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Thanks Dan I got the email not long after I posted!

Have a great day!
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hmmmmmm.....

@Chemistrydoc is reporting today (27 April 2017) that the problem still exists!

The Problem That Won't Go Away..

Anyone continuing to experience this issue?

Dan
Post 25 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
If you have seen a pile of tours reprocessed and lacking all meta data, highlights, snapshots, etc. --

Post 26 IP   flag post
101751 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?