Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 674 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,711 Page Views | 19,043 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Marketing Includes: Landing Page2976

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
I clicked on a Matterport ad (Google Adwords) today (20 October 2016) and it took me to this page instead of the Matterport home page.

The ad includes the continuation of the save $600 on the camera offer now through 31 October 2016.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
I missed doing a screen grab of the ad. Could you enter "Matterport Camera" in Google and do a screen grab and post here?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I just got an email with the code...

Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
It's always good to know that MP supports their MSP This should be a warning to anyone thinking about buying a camera and becoming a MSP
Post 4 IP   flag post
LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user
Here you go...

Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarySnyder
It's always good to know that MP supports their MSP This should be a warning to anyone thinking about buying a camera and becoming a MSP

What should Matterport do instead to help grow their business?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Tried to go and view it but the codes does not work.

I am meeting a very big client in two weeks time, but Matterport already contacted him directly, I was informed by him... So its make selling the service so much easier. Because it looks easier than it is.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Matterport should focus their marketing on increasing demand. That means marketing to people planning to sell homes.

When people planning to sell their homes seek real estate agents that offer Matterport, they will sell more cameras.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard
Tried to go and view it but the codes does not work.

I am meeting a very big client in two weeks time, but Matterport already contacted him directly, I was informed by him... So its make selling the service so much easier. Because it looks easier than it is.

I've had this experience too. Matterport has approached 3 of my largest clients at conventions. My clients have looked at it and seen the cost of the camera, the subscription, and the fact that they do not have an employee who is hired whose time they want to waste on scans. Matterport's marketing convinced my clients even more to hire me to scan.

@DanSmigrod They are focusing on increasing demand -- in their camera and in scans Now, I think it would be great for them to push multiple options -- #1) Buy a Camera; #2) Hire a MSP -- that would be fantastic. In theory, they should sell more cameras that way. I've advocated, as I know you have, that Matterport allow MSPs to SELL Cameras. I'd love the $600 deal to go away and go to a $300 deal. Then MSPs would be able to directly sell with a $300 commission and it would be up to them to sell it lower and cut into their commission.
Post 9 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 You are absolutely right.

It would be extra special if MP would list area MSP's with their blast. Even if there are other MSPs in my area it would still help us all. Dan may not like that idea though.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DSPhoto

We Get Around is obsessed with helping Matterport Service Providers succeed faster. Matterport is obsessed with selling Cameras to real estate agents.

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
NKH_Controls private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod you are right on point;

"We Get Around is obsessed with helping Matterport Service Providers succeed faster. Matterport is obsessed with selling Cameras to real estate agents"

To supplement that, here is an email that I had received from Matterport in a discussion with them about providing support to increase local market demand (emphasis mine);

"Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the misunderstanding. Unfortunately, what you're asking for is beyond the scope of our marketing capabilities. We want to do everything we can to help your business succeed, which is why we provide the MSP program along with all the marketing material to help you get your word out. That said, because Matterport is not in the business of scanning homes, it's not our place to advertise scanning as a service. If Matterport advertises in Billings, it would be to sell cameras and that's the last thing you want to have happen since it may only increase your competition."
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@NKH_Controls

Thank you for sharing that quote, I am glad I was not eating or drinking while reading it. I had to re-read it three times to make sure I read it correctly.

It succinctly sums up the difference between Matterport and We Get Around.

And, nicely said:

"We Get Around is obsessed with helping Matterport Service Providers succeed faster. Matterport is obsessed with selling Cameras to real estate agents."

And, thank you for being a Member of the We Get Around Referral Network ...

We added this new, free Member benefit, "handwritten" whiteboard explainer videos.

For sharing that AMAZING Matterport quote, you can have all four videos - free!

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@NKH_Controls

BTW, Matterport has a job opening for Manager of Customer Success

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
101755 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?