Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 674 Unique Visitors
9,057 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,711 Page Views | 19,043 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Top 20 "Wish List" for Matterport for 20162485

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
A Matterport User Group Member reached out to me today (23 August 2016), asking me to start a thread on "Wish Lists" for Matterport.

I am re-posting this thread (below) from December 2015 for those that wish to comment ...

Dan

----

Matterport User Group Forum Members have suggested hundreds of "Wish List" items among these Wish Lists:

✓ Matterport Capture App Wish List
✓ Matterport Cloud Processing Wish List
✓ Matterport Cloud Hosting Wish List
✓ Matterport Sharing Options Wish List
✓ Matterport Pro 3D Camera Wish List
✓ Matterport 3D Showcase Wish List
✓ Matterport 3D Workshop Wish List
✓ Matterport 3D Studio Wish List
✓ Matterport API and SDK Wish List
✓ Matterport VR Showcase Beta Wish List
✓ Matterport Business Wish List Wish List

What if we only had 20 wishes ....?

Top 20 "Wish List" for Matterport to complete in 2016

1. API - to enable easy/fast/seamless 3rd party solutions
2. Archive/Backup solution
3. MatterTags in 3D and VR Showcases
4. Matterport to help create demand for 3D Showcase
5. Workshop/Unity supported in more than one browser
6. Reduce the size of Matterport logo --> B&W (P-L-E-A-S-E)
7. Rollover unused monthly processing
8. Enable all post in Workshop in addition to Capture app
9. Support Google Cardboard
10. Blur tool for people and price tags
11. Allow for upload of thumbnail (front of house)
12. Allow for different thumbnail for fly-in
13. Create video from Highlights Reel ($24.95)
14. Smart mesh solution for opening and closing doors
15. Option to specify which scan to connect to the new scan
16. Enable dollhouse and floor plan viewing from anywhere
17. Reduce price of VR conversion
18. Compensate Pros for selling cameras
19. Schematic floor plans public
20. Showcase Studio

I grant you three wishes (to add to the list - or, pick new wishes)!

What three wish will you add?

Happy Holidays,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
RRapp private msg quote post Address this user
3b) MatterTags linkable to external content.
3c) MatterTags insertable via API.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Outside 360's using photogrammetry for building mesh and being seamless in the tour.

Better Stitching

Live preview so I don't have to return for rescans
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
OK.

1) Partially complete, just not officially documented and lacks an API token feature that would fully unlock it's potential.

3) Done. (And based on people being sloppy with what they are saying here and in other places, 3b will be crossed off any day)

4) I believe that this is being done... I get phone calls after MP shows up at conventions for Realtors and Multi-family.

5) Done.

6) &bn=1 sort of does this; but that's not a good solution as it kills other things.

9/17) Done... sort of... but I think it should be free or turn-key at a $20 price tag or less.

11) Done. 360 Views is the solution.

--

Should have happened: 2
Will never happen: 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19
What is 8 and 16?
With Bigfoot: 20.

---

New requests:

#1) Link to 360 Views + Any Scan via MatterTags -- Would enable doorways to link to a 360 View; would allow elevators to 'work', etc.

#2) Ability to transfer scans to other user via Workshop.

#3) Ability to access uploaded scans via Capture App to add 360 Views to existing uploaded scans.

#4) SEFURLs / Shortcodes in Workshop - So that we can provide shorter URLs and so that we can upload a revised tour and simply move the SEFURL and not have to update our clients.

#5) WebGL filters per scan for brightness/contrast/white balance. (http://learningthreejs.com/blog/2014/04/24/crazy-post-processing-color-effects-to-change-your-game-ambiance-with-threex-dot-coloradjust-game-extension-for-three-dot-js/)

#6) Options for transition speeds (Can be tested via the Konami Code)

#7) Partnerships with Zillow and other listing sites to feature Matterport links with branded buttons.

#8) Publish to Google Streetview

#9) Integration with Google Maps // Use of Google Maps for 3D Model background instead of black area

#10) Javascript API for accessing features (like all options on the Konami Code menu)

#11) Custom sound themes in Capture App. Perhaps a quack when each rotation is done to help us all from getting depressed after 100 scans in an ugly house.
Post 4 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
This may not be possible, especially over a slow Internet connection, but fluid movement is on my list. You press an arrow key and move through the room so smoothly, it looks like a video playing.

More Gear VR showcase models would be nice. If they could get the smooth motion thing down, those models would almost be like VR games. If an enhanced 3D Studio existed, maybe gaming enthusiasts could "inject" all kinds of objects, models and 3D life forms into Matterport models.

Someone at a VR game development site once asked if it's possible to use Matterport instead of 3D software to create gaming environments (models). If that was possible, a vast new market opens up, especially since so many Matterport models already exist. Bring 3D back to the models, and you own a big part of the VR gaming market.

One more wish -- Detachable Panes. You drag the dollhouse to one monitor, for instance, and keep the actual model on another monitor. Maximize them both to full-screen size, and you've got super enhanced navigation. I'd also like to "tear off" different model views. Half of the screen might show the model's interior and the other half shows an exterior 360 view.

I could probably come up with all these seemingly impossible features all day. But they seem like a lot of fun -- especially the feature that lets you record movement through a model and "play it back" later.

A VR training session. You put on a VR headset and step into a sample home that contains a virtual Matterport camera. A 3D teacher walks you through the steps of scanning the home the same way a human teacher might walk you through a real home. Since VR exists, you might as well use it to teach VR.

If you gain the ability to create gaming models, a camera that allowed low-level light filming would be helpful. That way if your job was to scan a Halloween Haunted house, it could film dim rooms. VR game developers could then use that haunted house model to build their haunted game adventure.

That's enough for now. It's getting late.
Post 5 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
'Door' mark feature in capture app.
So that we don't have to scan with the doors open in all visible scans.
Post 6 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Features I would love:
- Down- & Re-Upload for full 360° panoramic images to be able to fix stitching errors
- Direct MP spaces integration and 360° sharing for Facebook
- User/Password- or Formprotecion (to get leads) for spaces
- Multilanguage support
- Skinable Player (or additional local hosting for customisations)
- Whitelabel-Solutions for MSP´s to develop client branded Apps & VR-Apps
Post 7 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Ability to download 360 scans and use as stand alone would be nice.

Getting workshop to work on the ipad + safari browser to work, at present it loads and shows the project as a pink graphic.
Post 8 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
The ability to use multiple cameras on large properties and merge the scans in processing. A great selling tool to sell more cameras, also a plus to scan properties faster. This can be easily accomplished by over lapping scans. This technology is already being used by Matterport app, but is commonly used in 3D scanning.

Ron
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ The door mark feature is a nice one. Very simple idea with huge implications!
Post 10 IP   flag post
101771 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?