List: Best 3D Scanners of 2015 via 3ders.org1411
45137 4 4
|DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user|
|This is a great round-up of scanners of spaces and things ...
www.3ders.org (9 December 2015) The Best 3D Scanners of 2015
1. Matter & Form MFS1V1 [Buy]
2. Cubify Sense 3D Scanner [Buy]
3. XYZ Printing Da Vinci 1.0 AiO 3D Printer + Scanner [Buy] [Buy]
4. BQ Ciclop 3D Scaner [Buy]
5. Fuel3D Scanify 3D Scanner [Buy]
6. DAVIS SLS-3 Structured Light 3D Scanner [Buy]
7. IIIDScan PrimeSense 3D Scanner [Buy]
8. Occipital Structure Sensor [Buy]
9. NextEngine 3D Scanner Ultra HD
10. EinScan-S by Shining 3D [Buy]
11. EORA 3D Scanner
12. MarkerBot Digitizer 3D Scanner [Buy]
13. Artec Eva 3D Scanner [Buy]
14. FARO Focus3D X Series [Buy]
15. Upcoming: MIT's 1,000x better 3D scanning technology
If you own a Matterport Camera – and one of the above scanners – it would be great to hear your perspective on how they compare.
|Post 1 IP flag post|
|Jamie private msg quote post Address this user|
|Nice list Dan|
|Post 2 IP flag post|
|HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user|
|For what we're doing, it seems MP is still the best thing going for the time being. Correct me if I'm uninformed. There is a similar product but it does not transition well and displays lots of disturbing arrows on the floor.|
|Post 3 IP flag post|
|crullier private msg quote post Address this user|
|they are all different pieces of equipment for different things. Many of them are hobby grade and I would not use them for professional work.
The matterport is great to do the "realtor" type work and to some extent GENERAL measurement acquisition. Being in the AEC industry I would not fully base a set of contract documents (as-builts) based on matter port data.
On the other hand, I have used (my firm owns) a Faro X120. We use it to document existing condition with EXTREME accuracy.
We also have a DPI-8 handheld scanner which is based on the matter port prime sense sensors. However the data is much more accurate.
As always, its a shame that matterport does not seem to care about the AEC industry needs.
|Post 4 IP flag post|