Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
I got my samsung gear vr with note 4 today and have been absolutely blown away by the experiences. I cant wait until we can display our own models
Post 1 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool. How much did it cost if you don't mind? Are there matterport models availbe to view?
Post 2 IP   flag post
3 matterport examples, and tons of other amazing VR content. It was $199 for gear vr & I bought a note 4 on eBay used for like $500. Retail is $750.. I'd say its worth the money. Everyone I've shown it to has been absolutey floored
Post 3 IP   flag post
Are the matterport examples photo quality or mesh quality? Can you walk through or just look around. Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
pthor private msg quote post Address this user
Yes,
It's a paradigm shift in the making. The application areas are vast.

Here you can see a simple lowqual movie of an application (Oculus DK2) we've done where you start outside a virtual house, then you can go inside the house, walk toward the living room table and then enter the Golden Gate Visitor Center model. It is mesh quality. We've added some lights and done some preparations of the meshes to suit the visualisation and the hardware recommendation.

Virtual reality to the power of two:

Model attribute of the Visitor Center goes to Matterport.

This illustrates how one can position herself inside one virtual model (built with 3d-modelling software) and then move into another "3d"-model consisting of real captured gfx.

The house has been designed using VR as a design tool since almost a year and the construction will soon start.

We seek to expand this method but lack the Matterport hardware and models. Feel free to contact us if any of you would like to explore this further together with us and our partners.

We are located in Sweden so have not access to the GearVR yet.

Peter Thor
CTO of Vicator
www.vicator.com
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DoyleRealtor @alx3D @pthor

A related Matterport + Gear VR powered by Oculus Forum thread.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Dan,
Thanks for link to the thread.

The beauty with using a game engine such as Unity to create Matterport immersive models is that you can publish the end result to many platforms using different "view modes" e.g. GearVR, Oculus Rift, Cardboard, IPhone, Tablets, web browser. You also open up for the addition of other elements, objects and queues that can help define your unique presentation.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pthor

Thank you for joining the Forum.

In case you would like a Matterport .obj to play with, please see this post. In the post, there is a link to a Dropbox of the 3D Showcase that is embedded in the post.

Feel free to post the result to this thread.

Hopefully, Matterport will enable import of .obj: not just export It's on the Forum "Wish List" thread for Matterport 3D Workshop.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Thanks for the greeting.

I will check out the .obj-files you are referring a while later to and look at its density and level-of-fidelity to see how they can be supported in our workflow.

I'll keep you posted,
Peter
Post 9 IP   flag post
The examples on gear vr app are the showcase view.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Bryn private msg quote post Address this user
Regardless of the way you go about it getting content on VR and using it as a sales tool is invaluable. I have been using cardboard and the DK2 on a limited basis and it's a game changer for us. If you don't have a VR platform yet I would get on it ASAP. I haven't seen Brandon's gear yet but based on his reaction and our discussion its seems like its the way to go.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod
I managed to get some time to fiddle with the mesh-model. Here you can see a DK2 example, totally unmodified mesh with only some work on the lightning.

(the video is set as unlisted for your discretion)

Next I think I'll chop it up a little to show you how it can look and perform on a smartphone and the GearVR. I'll also add it as a second model in the table of the house in the first post in this thread.

I assume that the size of that property but looking at the mesh quality and size I assume you've reached the limits of the number of allowable captured frames there?

Cheers
Post 12 IP   flag post
That is awesome!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user

We recently did another large demo at a Harcourts Awards night...wouldn't have been a party without a couple of DK2s for agents to explore their own listings.Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn
Regardless of the way you go about it getting content on VR and using it as a sales tool is invaluable. I have been using cardboard and the DK2 on a limited basis and it's a game changer for us. If you don't have a VR platform yet I would get on it ASAP. I haven't seen Brandon's gear yet but based on his reaction and our discussion its seems like its the way to go.

We certainly don't present anything to anyone without it...
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pthor

Wow! Wow! Wow!

This is amazing. And, thank you for setting to unlisted and just showing here in the forum. That's cool.

I look forward to seeing how far you can take it.

And, yes, I recall I hit the 200 limit when I scanned this 10,000 SF house in Atlanta.

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
TrueSpaces private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome! I just went to Best Buy to Demo the VR and it's pretty amazing.

Has Matterport commented or given any news on when we will be able to upload our own models?

Also is there a Matterport App that you download to view the models?

Thanks everyone!
Post 16 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

The model is dense, filled with gaps and highly unstructured why it does not work out of the box for Mobile VR right now. A PC with good specs can however chunk it as you've seen.

The process would be easier if Matterport arranged the underlying mesh-data a little differently.

I hope to compile a smaller demo soon,
Peter
Post 17 IP   flag post
@alx3D glad you liked it!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleSpaced
Awesome! I just went to Best Buy to Demo the VR and it's pretty amazing.

Has Matterport commented or given any news on when we will be able to upload our own models?

Also is there a Matterport App that you download to view the models?

Thanks everyone!

They haven't given a specific date but have hired someone specifically for VR development. I've experienced a walkthrough of a home that is not included in the Gear VR demo at National Association of Realtors conference in New Orleans. They did showcase a working version on stage at Inman Connect, so I imagine it is only a matter of time until something is offered for us.
Post 19 IP   flag post
101749 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?