Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FAQIntroductionsNewbies

New to the WGAN Forum? Please introduce yourself14

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to both of you, how is the scanning down south and to the extreme south?

Ron
Post 126 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
Hello from Toronto Canada

Very excited at this group and the Matterport opportunity.

My first explainer video is uploaded here

Thank you
Post 127 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome David. Nice video
Post 128 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
@davidpylyp welcome
Post 129 IP   flag post
PictureThis private msg quote post Address this user
Hi;
This is Ash, ordered my first camera this week and can't wait to do some awesome things with it!
This forum is awesome, learning so much!

Thanx
Ash

Post 130 IP   flag post

BrendanB private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome David and Ash Look forward to hearing of your progress.
Post 131 IP   flag post
Grant private msg quote post Address this user
Grant here.
I work in the United States, Pacific Northwest area.
This forum is full of great information, I am excited to be apart of it and will be sharing my experiences.
Post 132 IP   flag post
Welcome Grant
Post 133 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome Grant, maybe, can you define Pacific Northwest. No just kidding.

Ron
Post 134 IP   flag post
Brant private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

I'm an intern at Matterport, and have been enjoying these forums ever since I discovered them a few weeks ago. I'm more involved with the marketing department, but might be able to help answer some of your questions. I spend most of my time on We Get Around checking out your scans, and reading about tips and tricks. I don't know as much as I would like about the camera (technically), because I don't spend much time with the engineering department, but I'm still relatively new to the company, so I learn new things everyday.

I'm looking forward to helping and learning more.

-Brant
Post 135 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to know you're keeping up with the end users, Brant!
Post 136 IP   flag post
JulianHowardCT private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, all. Julian here. I am senior retoucher and digital quality controller here at Campaigntrack in Brookvale (Sydney), Australia www.campaigntrack.com.
Our company produces a complete set of real-estate marketing solutions for our clients, including web-sites, promotional material, booking systems, high-end photography, copy-writing, floor-plans, video... the list goes on.
We have had the Matterport camera for a couple of months now and have been vigorously testing it in the field.
Very excited to be a part of this forum!
Post 137 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
@Brant and @JulianHowardCT welcome
And would be nice if someone else of matterport team join the forum
Post 138 IP   flag post
AdamplatinumHD private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome guys!
Post 139 IP   flag post
Conor private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Fellow MUGs

I've bought my first MP and live between Portugal and Brazil (based in Rio de Janeiro, with work already in Sao Paulo too) and have contacts and easy access to South America. I will be a lonely little dot on the map down here for the time being...

Feel free to reach out!

Thanks
Conor
Post 140 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings from Nashville, TN;

I am set to order my Matterport unit - as a Google Business View and architectural photographer for a number of years with over 200 A list tours and clients, I'm looking forward to embracing this new technology to grow and expand into different verticals while adding a new value proposition in the marketplace.

Feel free to reach out! I'm interested in a robust business model and stable pricing (is there a pricing guide?).

Thanks in advance for the positive tone of this forum - thrilled to see what will unfold in the very near future!

Best,

Kerry
Post 141 IP   flag post
YairYepez private msg quote post Address this user
Bem-vindo amigo!
Post 142 IP   flag post
childert private msg quote post Address this user
Howdy everyone. My name is Ty Childers and am a new Matterport service provider in Colorado. Here is one of my first showcases.

Anyone want to give me a critique? I would love some constructive criticism.
Post 143 IP   flag post
Hi Ty
Welcome to MUG.

Some suggestions for future scans

The entry photo, make sure it's straight. It's almost there. Keep the sides level with any vertical objects (walls, windows or doors)

Add another scan spot around the kitchen island so you can walk around either way, not just one way

Place a scan spot in each door way. It helps to see it from further back

In workshop view, hide some scan spots that are close together. Also the ones in the mirror, you can hide them so you don't see the camera. Sometimes you can't help it though

No need to place scan spots all around the outside of the walls. Just treat it like you are physically walking into a house or room. Where would you stand to get the best view? Put the camera there. Of course scan enough to get the whole area and eliminate any black spots on the iPad.

Clean up the image a little more on the iPad with the marking tools. The outside over spray should be removed.

Apart from that, for your first scan, well done
Post 144 IP   flag post
Thanks Jamie. I will def use your suggestions. So for the entry photo your talking about the camera level?

For cleaning up the over spray is that the trim tool?

What do you mean by in each doorway. Do you mean center the camera in the doorway and threshold or is outside the threshold in the hallway for example ok?
Post 145 IP   flag post
Not the camera level, the photo level. You just adjust this when you capture the screen for the entry photo

Yep, the trim tool

Correct. In the middle of the doorway. I'd you do one on the side and then go into the room, you may not see it coming from the opposite direction. Treat the whole thing like you are walking there basically
Post 146 IP   flag post
Ok, that makes sense. I had a few spots going in and out of bathrooms for example that it is a little tricky to navigate. Having the scan in the doorway itself would make that better. Thanks. I will play with the trim tool a little and then reprocess. Also I did not know you could adjust the photo before capture. Thanks for that tip. You have been a big help.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Jamie, do you mean adjust the looking up and down portion before doing the screen capture?
Post 148 IP   flag post
Yep that's it. Just make sure the side walls and doors are level with the side of the photo. Just looks more polished
Post 149 IP   flag post
Great thanks for the tips.
Post 150 IP   flag post
DavidPlatinumHD private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone.

New to Matterport, excited to get started with the tech.
Post 151 IP   flag post
NoRC private msg quote post Address this user
Been lurking around here for a while, thought I should stick my head up and say g'day.

Allow myself to introduce ... myself.

I'm the IT guy at PlatinumHD, my job is overseeing the integration into our systems and our clients systems along with aiding in the operations of the camera.

I primarily spend my time developing using PHP/Javacript and MySQL for web applications. Client side wise its all Java, Unity and when forced at gun point .NET :P

We have run the camera a few times on jobs now and really impressed with its performance and how accurate it is. Looking forward to developing some interesting solutions using the data available from these cameras in combination with virtual reality (DK2/GearVR).
Post 152 IP   flag post
Greetings and welcome
Post 153 IP   flag post
BrendanB private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome guys, great to have some more contributors from Oz.
Post 154 IP   flag post
JamieSher private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome chaps! More power from Aus! What city are you based in? J
Post 155 IP   flag post
101268 923 30