Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FAQIntroductionsNewbies

New to the WGAN Forum? Please introduce yourself14

ChrisH private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

Chris Himing here from Perth, Australia. I have owned a Matterport camera for about 6 months now and run a full-time business with a few staff called 360 World Photography.

Business has been positive and reached all sorts of different business types. It was a great decision to leave my previous job to setup this business.

However over the last couple of months as many on this site have written about the disappointing way that Matterport the company is running things and they way the people that sell their products for them and pay them huge monthly fees are treated. I won't go into my business history or background other than say I have run businesses both here in Australia and in the USA where I lived for 9 years. Some of the things Matterport have come out with lately is staggering from a business point of view. I really hope they start listening to the right people before there is a mass exodus of their MSP's. As time goes on there will be more and more high tech options to choose from.

Enough of that for now. I look forward to posting on some threads and being more involved in this community.

From sunny Perth on the west coast of Australia its goodnight.

Thanks
Chris
Post 426 IP   flag post
3DOgraphy private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone, my name is Jody Mendelson and I just received my Matterport and am excited to offer this service in sunny South Florida and to be a regular contributor to this amazing group!
As a 20-year veteran in the photo industry I am now embarking on this crazy journey in the field of virtual reality.
Post 427 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome (all),

2,000+ Members in 75+ countries since August 2014.

Thank you for introducing yourself and sharing with us your interest in this world of 3D/VR/360º ...

Best,

Dan
Post 428 IP   flag post
josellini private msg quote post Address this user
Hi to all, thank you for your post, i´m just arrived.

[@DanSmigrod moved this question here.]
best
jose
Post 429 IP   flag post
Guernegor private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

My name is Olivier and I recently discovered Matterport and, after some searches on the subject, this very active community.

I'm a professional photographer in Switzerland specializing in immersive, architecture and drone imagery. I already provide my clients with traditionnal 360VR tour and was looking for a solution to capture spaces in 3D. Matterport's solution seems really promising and I'm really impatient to have one of their camera in my hands.

Hope I will be able to share my knowledge with the community in the future...

Kind regards,

Olivier (aka Guernegor)
Post 430 IP   flag post

123mediasolutions private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All-

Joel Saxum here, VP of 123Media (www.123mediasolutions.com) FKA Seiclone 3D Tours (www.seiclonesurveys.com). We are a Real estate and commercial marketing solutions company that is the largest supplier of Matterport services in Minnesota and Western Wisconsin. We also supply professional photography, fully legal aerial services, videography and administrative digital marketing work. Happy to be a contributor!
Post 431 IP   flag post
geobou private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

My name is Georges Bouchard and I'm from Quebec City, Canada. I heard about Matterport recently and I'm looking for a new original business for complete my offers as graphic designers. That product seems to be very attractive and original. I will keep me in touch as much as possible to find a way to concrete this project. Just hope this will be soon.

Regards,

Georges (geobou)
Post 432 IP   flag post
chrisbutilier private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

My name is Chris, and it's a pleasure to meet you all. My partner and I are starting up a real estate marketing agency and have decided to purchase the Matterport as part of our offering(s). We are still working on a lot of the details as is inherent in the rollout with any business. We have found the information on this site immensely helpful, and continue to, as we move forward with our choice to use the Matterport. I look forward to further discussions with some of your regarding the marketing, rollout, and complications you have encountered by peers of those of you who are also real estate agents, as we are.

Thanks for all the help so far and look forward to spending more time here.

/Chris
Post 433 IP   flag post
Mario private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Guys,

I am starting this VR journey from Sunny Spain, my name is Mario. Happy to meet all of you on this Forum and big thanks to Dan for this super helpful work.

Am starting with Properties/Real estate which was my original business and wanting to dive deeper into VR business as we go. Website will be out soon and will be happy to share it with you.

Am receiving my MP soon and will be crushing this forum with questions ... so stay tuned lovely ones :P

Good luck to all .. see you on the VR floor.

Warmest,
M.A
Post 434 IP   flag post
Damian private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,

My name is Damian from Perth, Western Australia, I was recently introduced to the amazing capabilities of the Matterport camera, am about to place an order for one and am currently researching as much as I can about it.
With a background of many years in architecture and construction - and a passion for photography, it has been a long time dream of mine to combine them all.
I look forward to discussing and learning from you all.

Kind regards
Damian
Post 435 IP   flag post
matthew private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, My name is Matthew and I am from Greece.
I am recent owner of Matterport camera. I have a portfolio of clients in hospitality from Greece & Cyprus from previous job and i would like to offer Matterport services at Hospitality & Real Estate in Greece & Cyprus. I will collaborate with a friend of mine who has a company in Greece and already offering digital services.
Post 436 IP   flag post
Standard
Mooresville, NC
lknbigfish private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,

My name is Chris Fortune and I am just north of Charlotte, NC. I just ordered the camera and can't wait to get started! I currently provide real estate photography services to many local firms and am also a real estate broke myself.
Post 437 IP   flag post
abalkhail private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, to you all!

My name is Abdullah from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I am the owner and manager of my new agency 360 Digital Advertising Which specializes in imaging technology using Matterport.
www.360digitalad.com
I'm excited to be part of this forum.

Best regards
Abdullah
Post 438 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Abdullah @abalkhail

Thank you for joining. I am always amazed and excited about Matterport Pros around the globe.

So excited to have a Member from Saudi Arabia. Please do create a separate thread to share some interesting sites of your country.

By the way, we now have Members from 82 - make that 83 - countries now that you have joined ...

أطيب التمنيات في العام الجديد
(best wishes in the New Year)

Dan
Post 439 IP   flag post
abalkhail private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, I am glad to be part of We Get Around Network.
Post 440 IP   flag post
iGuide
Product
Marketing Manager
Kitchener, Canada
Chris_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

I’ld like to introduce myself. My name is Chris White and I’m the Technical Training and Support Co-oridnator for the iGuide camera system. (www.planitar.com) I’m responsible for training all new operators of the iGuide camera system and I’m also the person in the iGuide speed test video that’s been featured a lot lately. I’ve made a different version of the video with some commentary to explain its purpose and describe what’s happening in it.

https://youtu.be/5ophU6lSBuI

It’s very nice to meet you all!

Cheers,
Chris

Post 441 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Chris

How have you been man. It's been a while.
Post 442 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

The We Get Around Network Forum community will have 4,000 Members by 31 December 2016.

As I write this, the Forum Community has:

✓ 9,816 monthly Visitors
✓ 2,299 Members
✓ 120 New members monthly

This has resulted in a knowledge base of:

✓ 28,288 posts
✓ 3,541 topics

That's a lot of giving and getting help.

Please DO introduce yourself.

Best,

Dan
Post 443 IP   flag post
KevinDowling private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Folks,
I head up Kaarta, a US-based company, that provides real-time, interactive, mobile mapping solutions. We provide devices, licensing, and even a SaaS portal called the Kaarta Cloud. Our Stencil product can do large areas about as fast as you can move through them including driving! The 3D model/map is completed the moment you stop scanning. Look forward to talking with other Forum members about your applications and solutions. Thanks!

Kevin

Kevin Dowling, PhD
CEO Kaarta
Post 444 IP   flag post
stuartcadge private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Folks,

I'm Stuart, sales & marketing co-ordinator at GeoSLAM, based in the UK. @DanSmigrod kindly invited me to join the Forum to answer questions about GeoSLAM's mobile mapping solutions. I'll happily answer any questions anyone has about our products and our company.
This is an exciting time for GeoSLAM, as we are seeing rapid global expansion, particularly focusing on the US, and greater proliferation of our scanners into new industry sectors, including AEC & BIM.

Here's a little animation about our latest scanner, the ZEB-REVO;

Looking forward to joining in the conversation!

Stuart Cadge
Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator
GeoSLAM
Post 445 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@stuartcadge

Thank you for joining. Let's move the discussion of your scanning solutions to:

351,000 SQ FT Scan: Best Scanning Solution?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 446 IP   flag post
spacescan360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Everyone,

My name is Alvin Lastrilla,business owner of spaceSCAN360° and the Authorized Matterport Service Partner in the Philippines(Manny Pacquiao and 2015 Ms. Universe Pia Wurtzbach's country).

I started scanning in mid-2015 but it was a hard sell for it was a new technology in the market and most potential clients were very reluctant.

With the advent of VR, Google 3D map, etc. clients are now more comfortable with with technology.

I believe 2017 is the perfect time to relaunch my 3D walk through and virtual tour business using Matterport camera.

Let 's all make Matterport big in 2017.

Cheers,

Alvin
Post 447 IP   flag post
MSD private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings everyone,

My name's Mark. I'm a videographer / photographer originally from the UK but now based in New England.

I've recently set up a company offering Real Estate services around my region and I'm interested in getting ahead of the competition by offering 3D walkthrough and virtual tour services. My search for more info on the subject is what led me to these forums, which seem like a great tool.

I look forward to learning and sharing ideas with everyone.

Cheers,
Mark
Post 448 IP   flag post
Wilmer private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

My name is Wilmer. I recently started using the Matterport Pro and came across this community.
The tips, tools and feedback is really gonna give my learning curve a big boost.

Did 1 tour so far and find the MatterPlus tool from @Metroplex360 also really interesting combining it with my videography.

Looking forward sharing with you all and being part of this community.

Best,
Wilmer
Post 449 IP   flag post
egreen5d private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all, my name is Erin Green and I'm very new with Matterport. This is such an exciting technology! I live in West Texas and look forward to introducing Matterport to the Big Bend area as well as my home town of Midland.
Post 450 IP   flag post
FrozenFire private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone,

Name's Rob. I'm fairly new to the Matterport tech but I've been a still photographer for years.

Hobbies include making camera reviews on YouTube, video/film, drawing, writing, mountain biking, hiking.

It's nice to meet you all. See you around!
Post 451 IP   flag post
cscrowley private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
Conor here with U.A.V. in the rainy Northwest. The drone business can a little slow this time of year (they don't fly in the rain). So we've added Matterport to our menu, and I personally am really looking forward to the ride. This tech has a lot of promise.
Post 452 IP   flag post
Simon_Gall private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Everyone!

My name is Simon. I am a design student from Germany/Switzerland. Living in Basel, Switzerland.

I am basing my Bachelor around the Matterport Pro. I treat it as a new photgraphy medium compared to the "old" traditional photography.

The Matterport camera I use belongs to the school I am studying. Here is a link to a model I made of my Institute:

As of right now I am interested in bringing Matterport models into Game Engines like Unity or Unreal to view them with an Occulus Rift or an HTC Vive. I would also like to make a virtual Matterport gallery from which I can see several Matterport models. I am thinking of a virtual Room and in this room are the Matterport moddels ebedded the same way you can embed Videos in a virtual room. So you can go from model to model and view them. But I have not found a way possible. But I am working on it.

I hope all of this makes kind of sense to you. I f not, I am am happy to explain it to you in more depth.

Cheers,
Simon
Post 453 IP   flag post
GarethB private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning/afternoon/evening, wherever you are!

My name is Gareth and I hail from Ayr on the West coast of Scotland, about 40 miles from Glasgow. I've been a very keen 2D photographer for more years than I care to mention, but running alongside this has always been a passion for all things 3D, immersive, VR, etc. I spent some of the early Noughties creating 360 photos using 180 fisheye lenses on early digital cameras (with varying degrees of success, if you'll excuse the pun!). When I first saw the ads/examples of Matterport, I was very excited.
So, whilst I don't yet own a Matterport camera, I am very keen to "get into" this exciting technology and all the new avenues that it will hopefully offer me. Hopefully after getting up to speed etc I can then offer bespoke services to estate agents, hotels etc.
The forums look a great place to start, but no doubt I'll start boring you with startup questions soon enough!
Cheers guys,
Gareth
Post 454 IP   flag post
NickHobgood private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All,

I am Nick soon to be based in Bethesda, Maryland in the US in the Washington DC area.

I have been doing 360s for a few years now based in the Pacific region. My portfolio can be found here: @nickhobgood" target="_blank">www.roundme.com/@nickhobgood

I look forward to learning more about VR photography and hopefully getting some jobs making tours for clients in the US and overseas.

Nick Hobgood
www.Sphere.Guru
Post 455 IP   flag post
101272 923 30