Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 674 Unique Visitors
9,057 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,711 Page Views | 19,043 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseWish List

Matterport 3D Showcase Wish List116

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
If Matterport does not specify a fixed character tittle length, then automatically shrink font size
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Enable multiple lines of centered text (so that text can be displayed nicely. (I spend a lot of time to get the line breaks to look nice)
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Sniff device to manage expectations if there will be a challenge displaying the 3D Showcase.
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
If you can not make the entire screen active for launching the 3D Showcase, consider moving the 3D Showcase bar to the top of text instead of the bottom. This will make the 3D Showcase blue bar always visible on a smartphone or tablet (when using responsive iFrame ebed code)
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Full-screen icon -- presently in the top right of 3D Showcase -- needs to be obvious and easier.
Post 30 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks @ben for this 3D Showcase display idea ...

Hide the address bar while interacting with a model on an iPad.
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks @jamie for this 3D Showcase idea

Have the 3D Showcase blue bar appear above the name. It's below the border on a mobile device if you have a long name (unless you put it in portrait mode)
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks @alx3D for this idea...

When using your mouse you can right click and rotate the model. (It is so counter intuitive, I wish LEFT click was rotate and Right click was pan)
Post 33 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Make the Full dollhouse the default. See this Forum thread.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Should be a "?" icon or something on the Showcase to trigger the instructions for navigating the 3D Showcase.
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsauer

I scanned 3 guest rooms as well as the hotel's public areas, and you can see them here:

http://www.3dinteriorscanning.com/residence-inn-lax.html

... the dollhouse view doesn't let me zoom in far enough. I can grab and drag the model closer, but then it appears at the bottom of the window, so ... the 3D Showcase for navigating small models [needs to be optimized].

Craig

Thanks @craigsauer

Dan
Post 36 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Responsive Design embed code AND account for especially long titles.

This is a screen grab of an iPhone 6 with an especially long title.

Perhaps limit the title length + responsive iFrame embed code design.

Post 37 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Now that we can set the default image in Workshop, I usually like to use a Dollhouse view because it is so unique and clickable. But then when users click the "Inside View" icon, it jumps to some seemingly random inside location. I'd like to also be able to set a default Inside view postion/angle so clicking on that icon would go to a spot specified by me.
Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Trim ceiling (mirrors, skylights) suggested by @alx3D
Post 39 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I think there are really only two major areas that we all should wish for. Everything else is for our own convenience.

(1) Photo Quality: Let's be honest, when you put a Matterport Virtual Tour next to a beautifully photoshopped 360 degree tour with saturated colors, hdr, and lots of contrast, there's no comparison. I'm really hoping that quality will improve. Along with photo quality, I would love to see the software clean up all the artifacts and shapes made by bookshelves, ceiling beams, windows, and so on. Because frankly, as cool as the dollhouse feature is, to many people it looks extremely messy.

(2) Speed: I think the loading time needs to be cut in half before people stop noticing the time it takes for WebGL to load. 10-30 seconds needs to be cut down to 3-10 seconds.

I don't want to come across as negative because I'm blown away by this technology and the devs at Matterport are doing incredible work but this is my take on what needs to be improved for more widespread acceptance.
Post 40 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBecker
It's been suggested in other threads that Matterport should add a "?" icon to the showcase, to lead users to a quick guide to the icons and keyboard commands.
Post 41 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddRuhl
It is a little disappointing that Matterport doesn't provide better support to the end-user, i.e. help screen, 30 second video tutorial, etc. The biggest objection I get from potential users (the general public) is the intimidation factor. They think touring the model looks "difficult" and they aren't "tech savvy." Anyone ever consider creating a short "how-to" video aimed at the end-user? I like John's idea of the "?" icon for help.
Post 42 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @andreabortolot
Hi everyone,
I had an interesting request from a client which owns a 120,000sqf furniture showroom. He asks to add a button on a certain location of the 3D Showcase that brings you to an external link...example: when reaching a kithcen location clicking on a button takes customer to another web page with kitchen's specifications.
There is a company that allowed this tool to its 360° tours - www.prestigevision.com - it opens a pop-up when clicking.
I believe that this would bring a high potentiality to Matterport and I wrote a request to support department to add this feature to showcases.
What do you think? Any suggestion?
Thanks
Andrea
Post 43 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Breezz

I was wondering if anybody knows a way to show models to clients without internet connection? Preferably on an iPad but on a laptop is also a possibility...

Post 44 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Breezz
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows a way to show models to clients without internet connection? preferably on an iPad but on a laptop is also a possibility...

Kind regartds
Post 45 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @JamieSher
I'd like each room to have an automated mp3 soundbyte so when one walks in you've got that more intimate connection with the space... Or agent. Good idea, if you all write to Matterport and suggest from multiple people we could get this rolling.
Post 46 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @RenderingSpace
We live in a broadband world. If something takes more than 5 seconds to load, I assume there's a problem. We all know that Showcases aren't the fastest thing on the internet.

In those 10-15 seconds of loading, there's so much potential!

More instructions, a much more developed animation sequence that keeps your attention, or a slideshow of exterior photos!

Plus, the blue status bar should move more evenly across the bottom giving the user the impression that it's coming soon.
Post 47 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @judysmithre
I've seen some examples of the arrow loading in a circular motion to show it is still loading with the % done numbers. That would be a big help. I love your idea about more instructions and a place to input a few exterior & interior photos we are able to import. Dan, can you put that on the wish list?
Post 48 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Grant

... some sort of scroll icon to the side of a model.
Take Dan's pool model ... Then think of a side icon to click on other models in the same hotel.
Post 49 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
I throughly dislike how the "scoll funton" works with my mouse. I have a MacBook Magic Mouse that I think is very common but any slight touch will cause me to run around in the model. Just remove it. Click to go. Simple. I have to use the built in laptop mouse to look at the showcase on my computer because it is unusable with this scroll feature.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Would like to see a keyboard shortcut to jump between floors. Lots of keyboard controls for everything else but jumping floors would be good.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Ok wishlist for the new showcase.

1 Matterport Branding is getting more and more obtusive. Nothing, then 1/3 of the load time, now full load time in color. Hard for us to get business when matterport is cannibalizing this network.

2. Why get rid of the icons for floor plan and dollhouse? I hate the word dollhouse because it is a subconscious (or conscious) deterrent for most a large portion of male viewers. Do you like playing with dolls? I mean do you like the dollhouse? It is emasculating. Keep the icon, loose the text or change it so something like "3D overview" or "DH view" even..
Post 52 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I've no doubt that MatterTags will be a hit. I hope that beyond tagging objects, we'll also be able to do the following:

- Search by tag (e.g. find this artifact)
- Filter by tag (e.g. find all artifacts made in China)
- Thumbnails (e.g. here is what this artifact looks like)
- Navigate to tag (e.g. jump to artifact in walkthrough mode)
- Wayfinding (e.g. Show me on a floormap where this artifact is located based on where I’m now)
- iFrame support (e.g. I can show an image, video, PDF, or multimedia presentation about the artifact)
- Storytelling mode (e.g. playlist of artifacts with narrations that automatically advance)
Post 53 IP   flag post
New to version 2.0, after transitioning from dollhouse into initial starting view there is about 1.5 seconds while the camera rotates and pans to the starting point. During this time if you try to go anywhere or open up dollhouse view the 3D Showcase is unresponsive.

Also when playing the guided tour when you click play or next the showcase is unresponsive during the slow travel and pan time.

If you click on something it should override (or at least accelerate). For instance if you click the "next slide" thing and then click again as it slowly takes you from a to b it should speed it up.
Post 54 IP   flag post
joelE private msg quote post Address this user
don't know if this has been put already (I presume yes) but we should have a way to blur some sections for privacy, it's a seller brake to my point of you to not have this option.
Post 55 IP   flag post
101769 63 30