Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3603D ShowcaseAdviceCortexMattterportOutdoorsPro2ScanningStairs

Matterport Scan of one house with three floors and no stairs to connect13008

Ramojakubovic private msg quote post Address this user
Good day.

I’m shooting a triplex today for a client.

It is one house and each floor has been turned into its own single unit (basement, main floor, second floor. There is no internal access between floors.

Basement has its own entrance, main floor it’s own entrance. Second floor accessed through outdoor stairs.

How can I get this in one scan and one doll house?

Do I can each floor as it’s own project and link them later or is there a way I can shoot one floor than move to another floor and continue with the scan?

I tried in my own home but once I go upstairs the scan won’t work, says I have to move closer to last scan.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

New to the business and learning every day.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
You'll have to go outside and link from the exterior. Use Cortex to ensure you get a good coverage.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks. I haven’t done any outdoor scanning. I can use my matterport pro 2 outdoors? Do I have to switch from 3D to 360 when scanning outside? Apologize for many questions. New to this.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, make sure you have cortex enabled in your app, switch to 360 shots for the exterior and 'place' them on the map generated... I am sure Matterport has a tutorial on their page, but be careful of misalignments.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you! I will post my scan here when complete.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
If you get blessed with the right time of day and are not in direct sunlight you can use your Pro2 outdoors without having to do 360 to 3D

Did this one yesterday ~ I scanned most of there rear yard but, Just did a 360 view for the front porch due to construction debris and direct sunlight

Post 6 IP   flag post
lilnitsch, that looks great. just to be clear, did you do 3d scans outdoors as well in the backyard? If i can do outdoor scans, this would help me out. I can just hide those but use the rest of the house. One more question, if you were to get floorplans for this property from matterport, would the back yard be included or would they know to exclude the backard?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Ramojakubovic

The model above was entirely 3D scanning with exception of the one 360 view on the front porch ~ Time of day / lighting is key when shooting in this manner
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I could order a floor plan for this model ~ just not needed for my purpose as I work for the builder
Post 9 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
The other thing to consider if like @lilnitsch says if you get the right time do the entire stairs on all three floors so there is no major lighting difference. But remember to open the doors on each level. You will find the end product color balance is better. Just a suggestion.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101274 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?