Connecting 3D/360° Tour Buyers to Service Providers powered by
the Most In-Depth, Relevant and Up-to-Date Content for the 3D/360° Community
Join FREE! 50+ Benefits
Should I buy a Camera? Quiz How Much to Start 3D Tour Business? Calculate How Much Can I Make as a Pro? Calculate Win More Listings? Calculate
Option #1
Find a 3D Tour Photographer Map
We Get Around Network Find a Pro Service
Matterport Service Provider? Join We Get Around Network
Option #2
Book a Matterport Pro in 60 Seconds
We Get Around Network Instant Booking Service
Powered byKoaWare
Matterport Service Provider (USA)? Join KoaWare Free! Register Now
Last 30 Days: 47,053 Page Views | 12,270 Visitors | 82 New Members
WGAN Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 59,356  |  Total Topics: 9,119
5,084 WGAN Members in 128 Countries
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN Training Academy (Learn more)
WGAN-TV Live at 5
Matterport Chief Marketing Officer Chris Bell
on How Matterport will Scale Exponentially
WGAN-TV: Coming Up
Live at 5
5 pm EDT (GMT -5)
12-16 August 2019
Add to My Calendar WGAN-TV Program Schedule | Need Help? | All Videos
Question of the DaySafety

Question of the Day: Any concerns for your safety on a Matterport shoot?9738

WGAN
Founder
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Tuesday, 9 July 2019:

Any concerns for your safety on a Matterport 3D Tour shoot?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I feel no matter the situation, you are in someone else's home. I always carry some.sort of protection with me. I have pepper spray on me in what I would consider safe areas and the rougher neighborhoods I CC. This is especially true when shooting a renters place where the owner of the building let you in. As the saying goes, better to have and not need, than to need and not have.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

I have more concerns in the real estate brokerage business than in the real estate media biz. I have had several, fake buyer situations occur over the past few years, where single buyer men attempted to lure me to a vacant property for reasons still unknown. Were all of these particular events of the shady type? Only my experience, 6th sense and God knows for sure, but when they refuse or decline to answer key, qualifying & reasonable questions and they refuse to send me a copy of their driver's license, the antennae go up and stay there.

MSPs should validate who their customer is before they make the trip to a shoot location, because you never know who you are dealing with till you are in front of them and the appointment is successful with no issues.

In advance, one should have a list of qualifying, reasonable business questions to get out of the way, before scheduling the work, or should request more info, or inform of the need for more info from within your own Pre-Shoot Checklist. Absent this or in addition to this, searches using publicly available info; social media, county assessor data, secretary of state business info, BBB, company website, etc., should assist in validating the new customer's credibility. When in doubt, stop and request more information, including a scan/text/email of a DL, picture of the person you are meeting, picture of their business card, picture of the vehicle showing license plate #, etc. I know this seems a bit heavy-handed, but simply inform your new customer that this is purely for safety purposes. If you inform your new customer that this procedure is SOP for all and request the info in a diplomatic way, anyone who is on the up and up will have no issues with this. If they do, well, I would move on to my next customer.

Additionally, when at the jobsite, moving through the property interior, best to keep the exterior doors locked. Likewise with your vehicle, when not in it, or moving back and forth from it, best to keep it locked as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MGG private msg quote post Address this user
My biggest fear is the ladder when doing above the ceiling tile scans..... I worked in the insurance industry managing a workers' comp claims program; ladders cost us a ton of money in claims.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Founder
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@htimsabbub23
@bryanhscott
@MGG

Wow! Thanks for sharing.

#careful

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
60072 5 5