Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ICNY19Used Matterport Camera for Sale

'Should I keep, return or sell my Matterport Camera?'8572

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Below is an email that I received today (Monday, 28 January 2019) from a WGAN Member trying to decide if he should keep, return or sell used his Matterport Camera after his first upcoming Matterport scan.

Your thoughts?

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Urgent: If you bought a Matterport Camera in the Last 30 Days
New! Buy-Sell Used Matterport Cameras (and Related Gear)
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: ICNY19

---

Thank you. I just purchased a Matterport Pro2 3D camera [within the lat 30 days] lol.

I have not used the camera yet and with the new news, I am thinking about returning it.

I purchased the camera for a large job doing the new facility of the company I work for. I am the marketing manager but I do all of our photography and videography. I already to photography and drone work and so I worked up a business plan to provide Matterport spaces as well.

With doing our new facility it was basically going to pay for itself, but now I am not sure that it was a good investment since it's not my main source of income. I am trying to figure out what direction I should go and I am thinking a Pro2 3D may not be the best direction for me at this time. So if I cannot return it today as Matterport has instructed me I may sell it instead.

Matterport has not been able yet to answer my questions like how has the hosting/software subscription price changed and can I get a refund or adjustment (I purchased a year subscription for $499)

I'd also really like to see the quality difference between the PRO2 3D and the other cameras to see how I still might make the upsell worth it to my company first and others.
Post 1 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
This guy looks like a jack of all trades, a master of none. Return and outsource to a professional.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
I think this is a question that a lot of potential buyers will be asking them selves as well as MSP that were hoping for a lucrative income from shooting VT's. The flood gates have now open and there will be all sorts of solutions for creating VT's coming out.

In regards to this members questions he may be better off either buying one of the many 360 cameras of if he has a wide angle lens 8mm to 12mm shooting pano's with his DSLR then stitching them with one of the many stitching app and then paying MP the $10 to generate a final MP VT. Just a thought.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
There is always a risk in being an early adopter. I’m thrilled I upgraded to the Pro2 within the last 30 days and received the credit back to my account. I like the ROI as it’s close to paying for itself inside of 30 days.
As always, do the due diligence but don’t overthink it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101749 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?