Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 ViewsBetaeBlastsMatterport WorkshopNewsNewsletter

Public Beta: Place 360º Views in New Matterport Workshop Week of 4 Sept 187758

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Matterport launches a free public beta of placing in the New Matterport Workshop of the week of 4 September 2018, according to a Matterport newsletter today (31 August 2018).

It's unclear - to me - if Matterport Workshop is changing or just the addition of the free public beta of Place 360º Views.

While I can't imagine that Matterport will charge for this feature, they do use the language "free public beta" without clarifying if this feature will be free when it exists beta. I'd like to think that they are managing expectations that they are not charging for this feature.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
This is a good feature that I'm happy to see come to the workshop.

I like the showcase beta with the 360 views, but it's been annoying to have to do it in the workshop, upload the model, wait for it to process, and then if you didn't like the final result you had to start all over by adjusting the 360 on the ipad again, re-upload, re-process, etc.

As far as charging in the future... there's no way MSPs would be okay with that. It simply has to be another cool feature to help sell cameras and book gigs, not an upsell.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

It's unclear - to me - if Matterport Workshop is changing or just the addition of the free public beta of Place 360º Views.

The new Workshop will have many features eventually -- they are releasing it feature by feature starting with 360 Placements.

The current Workshop can be launched by clicking the pencil icon on the bottom right.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Links:

Place your 360º Views in the Capture App
Place your 360º Views in Workshop
✓ Matterport Blog: (4 Sept. 2018) 360 Placement in the New Workshop

Hi All,

From the Matterport Newsletter Friday (15 Sept. 2018).

Your thoughts?

Dan

P.S. Thanks @Metroplex360 for the heads up ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
The new Workshop will have many features eventually -- they are releasing it feature by feature starting with 360 Placements.

The current Workshop can be launched by clicking the pencil icon on the bottom right.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101270 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?