Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseCamerasVirtual Reality

Google Cardboard? Please help for info573

3dvirtueletour private msg quote post Address this user
I have an important appointment next week with a big customer . Is it possible if we scanwith the matterport camera and convert it in app so customers can see it in google cardboard ?

Who knows where i can do this or anyone can do this , so I can imagine this next week .

Thank you for information.

Ferry
Post 1 IP   flag post
YairYepez private msg quote post Address this user
Not for Google cardboard as far as I know but Matterport can configure your scan to be viewable in the Samsung Gear Vr + Galaxy phone. Check this post...
Post 2 IP   flag post
3dvirtueletour private msg quote post Address this user
Yah i know that but they have buy 5000 google card boards and want to show the company in the google card board.

Ferry
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
An alternative would be to create a virtual tour through a series of 360 images and use the RoundMe iPhone app with Cardboard
Post 4 IP   flag post
pthor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dvirtueletour
Yah i know that but they have buy 5000 google card boards and want to show the company in the google card board.
Ferry

Impressive number. Depending on the density of your model and the type of Mobile phone we could help you convert the .OBJ-file into a Cardboard app. They will however not have the visual quality as a regular Matterport 360 model has.

See this for a simple example (Samsung Gear VR with Note 4):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjRrVvCTtrE

(Model courtesy @dansmigrod)

Just PM if you'd like to discuss further.
Post 5 IP   flag post
kc1302 private msg quote post Address this user
pthor is right and the numbers are impressive.

Matterport Cardboard presentations are possible through Unity and cardboard SDK but at the cost of visual quality.
Setup is relatively fast and easy to follow compared with GearVR.
http://support.matterport.com/support/solutions/articles/1000065769--matterport-to-oculus-rift-conversion-process
https://developers.google.com/cardboard/unity/

Unfortunately there are some visual side-effects.
Mainly visual artifacts in the form of holes, distorted looking textures, black splotches, black seams.

Might require some optimization, if you have alot of rooms.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101273 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?