Matterport 3D Tour Pros  |  Google Street View Pros  |  Real Estate Agents  |  3rd Party Service Providers
Should I buy a Camera? Quiz How Much to Start 3D Tour Business? Calculate How Much Can I Make as a Pro? Calculate Win More Listings? Calculate
Option #1
Find a 3D Tour Photographer Map
We Get Around Network Find a Pro Service
Matterport Service Provider? Join We Get Around Network
Option #2
Book a Matterport Pro in 60 Seconds
We Get Around Network Instant Booking Service
Powered byKoaWare
Matterport Service Provider (USA)? Join KoaWare Free! Register Now
Last 30 Days: 48,887 Page Views | 10,223 Visitors | 39 New Members
WGAN Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 52,676  |  Total Topics: 7,730
4,338 WGAN Members in 118 Countries
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN Training Academy (Learn more)
WGAN-TV Channel
PhotoAndVideoEdits.com for Power Users with
PhotoAndVideoEdits.com Founder Colin Forte
We Get Around Network Instant Booking Service  |  Powered by KoaWare
Photographer? Join Free! Register Here  |  Coming Soon Across the USA
BitcoinBusiness PlanIndustryStrategyTips

Anybody using or accepting Bitcoins?5727

ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
The title says it all
Post 1 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
No taxes are a good thing, definetely (controversial affirmation, specially for well developed countries that depend on it for hospitals, schools, etc, I know). But I'm considering taking it these days for the payment of our international franchisees in Mexico, Colombia and Japan.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Premium
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ArchimedStudio @franmts

Perhaps accepting Bitcoin would be a way to make the competition irrelevant?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
I accept bitcoin, I have only used it once. If you have a stripe account you can accept it just like anything else.
You have to know your clients, and if they can figure out how to buy it, great- if there is going to be a steep learning curve for them then its not worth while.
Post 4 IP   flag post
aarongeis private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I think the chances of cryptocurrency being the next big market disruptor are very high.

Whether Bitcoin will be the market leader in a few years time is less certain; it's worth remembering that Kodak brought the first digital camera to market, Alta Vista was the first popular search engine and MySpace was popular before very many people were signed up to Facebook.

That said, I'm not aware of any particular weakness in the Bitcoin model and it has a good head start.

Setting up a cryptocurrency wallet such as Blockchain is slightly more involved than setting up a PayPal account and a little less involved than setting up a bank account. It's really very much like setting up a bank account but you don't have to physically go to a bank to show your ID. As it goes I've set up a Blockchain wallet, a Coinify account, and a new bank account in the last couple of months. Each takes a little time but it's easy to do.

With a Coinify account, you can issue invoices for Bitcoin payment very much as you can make an invoice in PayPal. There are also ways to take payment in person using Coinify to create a QR code and your customer's phone to read that code. If you currently use a card reader to take card payments the system would perhaps be easier as you wouldn't need the card reader.

If I could quickly address the above comment about taxes. If someone asked 'Is anyone taking payments in cash?' You could just as easily reply 'Not paying tax is great'. Cryptocurrencies blend the anonymity of cash with the ease of online banking, up to a point. If you take payments in cash or cryptocurrency and then deposit the funds into your business banking account then you no longer have that anonymity and anyway, most people want to pay their taxes as responsible citizens (or they go the way of Greece).

I've been spending a fair bit of time studying up on cryptocurrencies over the last few months and I think I'm going to start offering a consultancy service to my small business clients to help them understand how it works and to hold their hands through the setup process. I'll let you know how it goes.

Best,

Aaron
Post 5 IP   flag post
Premium
@JakeRees

Ah! We use Stripe to accept payments. Cool that we can accept Bitcoin.

@aarongeis

Ah! Coinify account. That's cool!

Hi All,

It's nice to know that if a client requests to pay via Bitcoin, there are at least the two above solutions to do so.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod, I believe yes, accepting Bitcoin can be a business differentiation. Since lately the currency has valorized a lot, who purchased it little ago feels like an almost "free payment"... Can be easier to close business.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Premium
@franmts

I wonder if we will see Members of the WGAN Forum accepting Bitcoin.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
The trouble I'm seeing with BitCoin is that no one wants to spend it because it seems that it keeps going up in value. That too is a problem. A currency that is massively inflated but not massively used wherein people are converting money to it and hording it...

I accept USD or food gift cards.
Post 9 IP   flag post
53300 9 9
destitute