Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseMatterport KerfufflepricingScanning

Matterport now pricing their own 3Dscan cost5032

DougTse private msg quote post Address this user
http://try.matterport.com/property-marketing/san-francisco/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpm&utm_campaign=6076190015639&utm_content=mnc-hire-sanfrancisco-scans&utm_term=SF-6076190016839-6076190160039&%3Futm_source=facebook

Just shared this with Dan, but this is rather upsetting. Matterport decided to hand-picked a few Matterport scanners in each location and injected their promotion on the Facebook ad which now undercuts to the rest of the professional Matterport scanners. $199 up to 3K sqft, $249 3K -4Ksqft, $299 4K-5Ksqft.

That disruption is to bend on us to compete with their pricing schedule. And not on our own terms.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@DougTse

Thanks for sharing.

So wrong in so many ways.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Meanwhile, crickets from the big GSV rollout...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
Those Mother $%#@*@s. Thats it, jumping ship as soon as a viable other company comes out. Them competing with us now? That just isn't right, its just not right!
Post 4 IP   flag post
natcoalson private msg quote post Address this user
This is certainly cause for concern. Matterport are clearly developing a business model not centered around the needs or profitability of the providers. I am shocked that they would establish baseline pricing like this, though, because in the end it could cause economic damage to the entire ecosystem including their own bottom line. It makes me nervous about hanging my hat on the Matterport platform. Sure wish we could have a peek at their longer range business plans ...
Post 5 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport will lose so many of us when their competition can do what Matterport provides us and I have talked with 2 companies that are right around the corner...
Read this Matterport people and tell your Boss...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
Greed, Greed, Greed. Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered.

Their Camera sales must be slowing down which they have relied on too much for their revenue. Sales means Sales people, which means paying them for every camera sale. Bad idea as it increases expenses. They should stick to making money from their technology and not selling cameras.

Obviously their expenses are out of control or they wouldn't be doing this. This means that they don't value us at all. They are saying to themselves, why don't we become the providers ourselves, we can do it and we can do it for cheaper.
Post 7 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
Ughhhh
Post 8 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
WOW, Unbelievable!!! Really feeling like purchasing Matterport was a bad decision! I really wish iGuide wouldn't have ignored me when I wanted to give them money! What a short sighted business decision. This has classic mis-management written all over it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Let's all cancel our new camera orders. Timing is perfect.
Post 10 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
What market has this been marketed in?

I would agree that camera sells haven't been what they thought they would. I haven't checked but I bet they go on sale soon!

This is exactly why I have been adding new services to my line up.

This tells me that I made the correct decision to continue using my Pro1.
Post 11 IP   flag post
San Antonio, TX
EricThomas private msg quote post Address this user
What the heck does their internal business planning/meetings sound like? There is no way they can pull in so many directions. 1 week they try to support and get biz from professional photographers, next week its agents/brokers, then they go after direct consumers, then back to listing portal sites. Sell more cameras, sell to everyone, oh we pissed this guy off-lets go this direction now, oh we didn't think about this-lets re-group and market here. All they are doing is creating mass chaos, upsetting each and every operator/consumer, and burning bridge after bridge.

They should have sat down from the beginning and outlined their core values and core customer target. Own it, own that market. Instead they have turned into a frog on a freeway. Its literally like each division within MP is pulling a different direction.

Their goal is ultimately a faceless consumer-just sell cameras or tours to anyone that is willing to buy...Now that cameras are not generating enough revenue they are going to revert to being a referral service. Sounds like a great idea, lets flatten the market and screw the guys that supported us from the start.

I have no idea what their finances look like. But jeez....does this not scream desperation? If you hand pick a few guys, are you saying the others in the area aren't worth squat? You mean the guys you sold cameras to...they aren't on par, thus you are not endorsing them? Oh thats not the case?? You are just opening a direct competitor to the guy you just sold a camera to...got it. Oh, and you are setting the price and value platform, even better.

Are they going to start hosting, and editing and making a finished product? Is that next? Is this becoming an Uber or Amazon delivery platform? Will they start shipping cameras to people that sign up....they start getting paid a flat fee (never own the camera) and MP handles it from there? The bookings, the ads, the hosting etc?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
I got a feeling that this post is going to get a record amount of posts. This is really really bad. I guess now that they have made this decision, they won't care about ready every post here.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@alx3D I would cancel mine or send it back if it had already been delivered within the last 30 Days. And I would let them know why too.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@everybody

Please get your flotation devices, oxygen mask on and put your head between your legs and brace for impact! This plane is going down fast!

@DanSmigrod

You better get ready for the site to crash like when the new camera came out. They thought that was bad and I would guess this is worse!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
15 posts in 50 minutes!
Post 16 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
But as a group we talk about this a lot and there are other solutions that can compete with Matterport. I have also been very vocal about switching, Matterport has name recognition with agents and brokers. You can look threw several threads that talk about changing and I see we are all still here for what ever reason, easy quality cost what ever the reason is. We may not like but we figure out how to work with it thru it or around it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
This is so funny... they are an epic failure at business planning. In my market this would not provide enough income for even and an average lifestyle.

Let's see the CEO and managers go out in the real world and do some scans and deal with their own company.

Whoever is the brain child that came up with this should be or will be taken to the wood shed when the dust settles.

This could even be considered Price Fixing and a violation of Business Practices code in the State of Ca. I can feel a class action law suit coming out of this. Unfair business advantage to the manufacture who sold the item without disclosure of this plan. Intentional Fraud. They never disclosed they would do this and pick favorites....

Cancel them camera orders NOW... that seems reasonable.
Post 18 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
A few months ago I asked for the resignation of the VP of Marketing of Matterport when they were pushing camera sales to our customers, and the poor girl [tried] to explain what couldn´t be explained.

Now I would suggest that it is not her who should resign but the [redacted] CEO!

I use case studies to teach business strategy to my graduate students and usually the final exam is a question like What would you do if you were the CEO of XXXX Company and why?

If these Matterport guys were my students I would put them a ZERO!
Post 19 IP   flag post
I would like to know what the people who purchased the new cameras think about this. They thought they would be in a position to charge more only to be kicked in the nuts!

Someone said this yesterday, "I think MP is more gracious regarding corrections and re uploading." I ask, how do you feel now about their business practices?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
This is [redacted] believable!! I'll be looking for an alternative to Matterport. I'm never buying another product from them! They can shove that Pro2 camera where the sun don't shine.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Chadcloses

What about the Pro1?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadcloses
They can shove that Pro2 camera where the sun don't shine.

That is Alaska in winter
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Justinv

I'm going to rig it up to a couple M80's and make a video of it blowing up. Lol
Post 24 IP   flag post
Buffalo, NY
iTours360VR private msg quote post Address this user
If you call the (408)663-2655 phone number at the top of the page the automated message says "Thank you for calling Scan Service Pilot." The URL and voice message indicates that this is a Matterport Pilot Program being rolled out in the San Francisco area. We'd all like to understand the business strategy that underlies this pilot program. It's also hard to understand how base pricing could be set so low (plus 1 year free hosting!!) in a San Francisco real estate market that is full of million/multi-million dollar homes and average home prices around $500K. There obviously is a new business model being considered that is being pointed to the tech hub models of Zillow, Airbnb, Uber, etc...
I reached out to Matterport Support and they knew nothing about this but said they'd look into it and try to find some answers as to what this was all about.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys,

While Matterport might read this forum, I'm going to go ahead and contact them about this and get it sorted out. I'm sure there's a big misunderstanding as this is, imho, quite silly on their part.
Post 26 IP   flag post
It's great to see the company that makes the technology available show you just how much they think it's worth. Morons.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@metroplex. Possibly a mistake.....
As it actually doesn't make sense as next to the pricing, there is a form to get a quote.

"By submitting this form you give Matterport permission to provide your contact information to up to 3 service providers in your area for the purpose of receiving a free quote."

So why would the form say get quoted pricing on the same page as where they show pricing based on square footage? Maybe they are trying to get business for us by pushing the three providers (us) into doing it for the advertised price.
Post 28 IP   flag post
The operating cost of running a Matterport business, as well as the price of the properties is higher in SFO compared to other parts of the country, so local pricing should reflect that fact.

It is really a bad idea to set such a low price and sincerely outrageous that they don´t leave room for differentiation, bundling different services, etc.

Nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometakes
"By submitting this form you give Matterport permission to provide your contact information to up to 3 service providers in your area for the purpose of receiving a free quote."

Maybe they expect their prices to act as a ceiling and we compete from there to the bottom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometakes
Maybe they are trying to get business for us by pushing the three providers (us) into doing it for the advertised price.

I don´t recall being asked if I wanted to offer my services at such prices. Shouldn´t they have asked us before? Or is it that they have a list of volunteers to work under such conditions? If so, which is our place in this market? what can we expect?
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

From this discussion two months ago ...

Matterport Competing with Matterport Pros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
Hi All,

So, among the 50 Matterport job openings is this Inside Sales Associate - Multi-Family (Chicago-based position).

I re-read the job description multiple times.

My impressions:

1. Matterport is soliciting business from multi-family communities (builders, property management companies)
2. Matterport will engage Pros to shoot these jobs
3. Matterport will set the rate of pay to Pros

Essentially, since Matterport controls the vertical, it is likely that they will sell for less than the rest of us and do their best to turn us all into a commodity.

If I have correctly concluded what Matterport is doing, this seems unfair that Matterport is competing with us. If Matterport wants to be supportive of the Matterport Pro Community, it should only be generating leads to Pros.

I could imagine that Matterport would argue that it is generating business for Pros. If that business was at the highest rate of pay in the market, I would be fine with that.

I doubt that is the case.

Have you already run into this scenario in your market? If so, how – and how much are they paying you? Feel free to share privately and I will post anonymously.

First we development business and the client buys a camera. Now we development business and the client buys via Matterport to get a lower price.

What do you think?

Best,

Dan
Post 30 IP   flag post
101749 133 30