WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Photographers
and Real Estate Agents
thinking about adding 24/7
Open House Virtual Tours

will succeed faster with
Virtual Tour Pro
Course
by Ben Claremont”
— Dan Smigrod, WGAN Founder
Coupon Code WGANVTP
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple USA Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facillities Management
Last 24 Hours: 479 Unique Visitors
7,600 WGAN Members in 143 Countries
Last 30 Days: 56,349 Page Views | 17,576 Unique Visitors | 63 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
BetaFeaturesImport 360 Images

Matterport new features(beta):Import 360 Images & scans manual placement15713

Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Import 360° Spherical Images (Beta)

So far it is only for an Android beta version of the capture app. I cannot wait to test it for creating a Matterport tour from a set of 360s captured by Pilot Era.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
And not sure how I could miss that announcement

Realign Scans (Beta)
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Member
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to see this! It should always start on IOS because that's where all this started.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ImperialProperties private msg quote post Address this user
Can't wait to get this, would have saved me two days work on a site a few months ago, let's hope it works as well as the help text suggests
Post 4 IP   flag post
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone have a link to this Android beta version?
Post 5 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
Now you don't need to use the expensive BLK360 to do outdoors , but looks like this thing is going to be buggy has hell.

Scanning: approximately 3 steps apart (1.5-2m) so nothing changes , but at least the other cameras are faster than Matterport

I don't see a sample tour of this anywhere , anybody have anything ?
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
The only concern I have is that in the past, Matterport released a teaser like this which is great and exciting but has taken years to release. I hope both these items are released sooner than later.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Fan Club
Member
Berlin, Germany
3dblickwinkel private msg quote post Address this user
Sample Tour only 360´s imported as 3D scans:

Original Tour:
https://3dblickwinkel.de/3d-rundgang/ferienwohnung-gulfhof-ferien/
It has worked with two floors, but scan 29 and following have had an misplacement in capture app and I don´t know how to correct that. That is the reason for wrong dollhouse and tour misalignment. Scan 29 is a scan different from the normal order. Will try it without scan 29 again and try to place the scan as 360.
Post 8 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@3dblickwinkel great work, I see you are using a GEOCV , no wonder no broken artifacts. Does I create a mesh ?

If you take it outside does it work , also can you move it further apart , maybe do some test scans outdoors, Iknow you can move the camera further apart with Geocv an dit also covers more so you have to do less scans .
Post 9 IP   flag post
Fan Club
Member
Berlin, Germany
3dblickwinkel private msg quote post Address this user
I have taken some outside scans from the above original tour. It is working.Important is to have the correct order of the scans before importing int capture app. In addition it is possible to align the 3d scans manual after having imported or you place a 360 in the map and convert it to 3d.

For me personally, the real sensation is that we can now do image processing:

Post 10 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@3dblickwinkel that is really good work, I see how the top floor did not align as per your GEOCV model.

So the system is flawed.

Also this will not allow us to do pano edits as we cant extract the panos, and Matterport will charge for this as always because the guys in the UK is charging $108 per pano edit , so if this happens this will kill their business and any body will be able to virtually stage their tours with no need for 3rd party plugins anymore.

What I like about this is there is no more broken artefacts in the tours and you can do much higher quality tours at less time and the hardware is not that expensive.

And no more use for the over priced BLK360
Post 11 IP   flag post
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dblickwinkel


For me personally, the real sensation is that we can now do image processing:



Great work and thanks for sharing. I have not expected it to be so good. What camera are your 360 coming from? It is visible that they are quite high resolution.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkLab
Also this will not allow us to do pano edits as we cant extract the panos


I think it is quite opposite. You capture your 360s, you edit/stage them as you need, and then only feed them to Matterport.

The only downside is that you cannot feed them right on spot and correct any errors when they happen because you need to edit them first.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Fan Club
Member
Berlin, Germany
3dblickwinkel private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman GeoCV https://3dblickwinkel.de/3d-rundgang/ferienwohnung-gulfhof-ferien/
Post 14 IP   flag post
bethereeu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkLab
@3dblickwinkel that is really good work, I see how the top floor did not align as per your GEOCV model.

So the system is flawed.

Also this will not allow us to do pano edits as we cant extract the panos, and Matterport will charge for this as always because the guys in the UK is charging $108 per pano edit , so if this happens this will kill their business and any body will be able to virtually stage their tours with no need for 3rd party plugins anymore.

What I like about this is there is no more broken artefacts in the tours and you can do much higher quality tours at less time and the hardware is not that expensive.

And no more use for the over priced BLK360


Panoramas are downloadable, but matterport ai will reprocess it, so it will look different, not as original. There are cool use cases for 360 import, like CGI
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@bethereeu

This CGI is awesome. Can you explain your workflow?

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I agree CGI is great for 360 import to build a Matterport tour even though you can probably build it with something like unity.

I may just try it without unity for something funny when they actually bring these features to IOS version of the app.
I think I've already learnt Blender enough to make something simple and turn it into a tour via Matterport.
Post 17 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman @DanSmigrod @bethereeu it is definitely a nice model and I hope you share the work flow.
Post 18 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@bethereeu with what camera did you capture that ? As It cant be Matterport Pro1 or 2 as you cant download the panos edit them and then re upload them? Your Virtual staging is on point and the best I have seen so far from any one that has attempted this , look very realistic and not like a generic 3D stock images.

Its also interesting to see that there are now broken artefacts like door handles etc in the model. When you also check the mesh view its interesting how the mesh is generated from the CGI images.

This will allow us now to get back the the old pricing of Matterport doing a basic tour starting at $500.00 as now the tours looks like they were supposed to look already 5 years ago.

Is going to be interesting what Matterport is going to charge for uploading this and re uploading, what do you guys think $29 - $59 or a per pano price of $5.00 ? They will need to do this if they want to make money as it is expensive to have call centre staff contacting our clients.


Post 19 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user








This Image has the towel heater all broken up but when you view the normal view its fine, did you edit or fix that ?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkLab
@bethereeu with what camera did you capture that

let me guess they are all CGI so the whole apartment is created in 3D software, staged with 3D furniture and then each spot is rendered as 360 degree photo and imported into Matterport.

At least that what I have been planning to try through Blender 3D.

BTW I asked Matterport why my phone is on the list of compatible devices but I cannot see any Capture app in Play store. I got an email today confirming my phone(Xiaomi Mi Max 3) should work but it may be required rolling back for Play store app. I am on 27.x.x while it needs to be 25.8.x The version of Play store app with required version is on Xiaomi app store but it says it is under under maintenance and I cannot download it. I just gave up, took my old iPad and installed TestFlight on it. Now I am waiting till these features are included in a beta version of IOS app.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
This has also peaked my interest. I'm also going to give this a try tomorrow. I'll generate some 360 CGI's of past projects with Lumion. It'll also be interesting to test DSLR 360's to compare quality with the Pro 2. But like @Thinklab says it'll depend on what they charge if it'll be something that can be profitable.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I can share some DSLR 360 if anybody has access to this beta and wants to try. I have one with a shop and a museum. All are 72MP in resolution.

I also have a set of Pilot Era 360s from a local retreat that was captured under PilotTour. PilotTour has not let me finishing the whole set so I am left with about 25x 360 photos from it.
Post 23 IP   flag post
bethereeu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkLab
@bethereeu with what camera did you capture that

let me guess they are all CGI so the whole apartment is created in 3D software, staged with 3D furniture and then each spot is rendered as 360 degree photo and imported into Matterport.

At least that what I have been planning to try through Blender 3D.

BTW I asked Matterport why my phone is on the list of compatible devices but I cannot see any Capture app in Play store. I got an email today confirming my phone(Xiaomi Mi Max 3) should work but it may be required rolling back for Play store app. I am on 27.x.x while it needs to be 25.8.x The version of Play store app with required version is on Xiaomi app store but it says it is under under maintenance and I cannot download it. I just gave up, took my old iPad and installed TestFlight on it. Now I am waiting till these features are included in a beta version of IOS app.


Youre absolutely right. Since we can import any panorama, matterport showcase can be created for unreal places too
Post 24 IP   flag post
87136 24 24
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.