Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

MSP quitting business and their client loosing tours they've paid for14966

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I got a lead through MSP today.

It turn out that a client(real estate agent) has not been looking to scan.. they are trying any means to get their tours back online from a MSP who left their business with Matterport.

He said their tours have been archived but I am sure a MSP hosting account has been closed and they have lost public sharing to their tours.

Matterport does not seem to care to help or at least is not trying to make it fast. I asked them if they have contacted Matterport Support and he said "yes.. we have tried a few times"

Offered them to re-do with a discount and a guarantee that nothing like this would ever happen if they engage me. Of course they do not want to pay for scanning again.

So the only thing has been left is to help them to get in touch with a local Matterport distributor hopping they can help them to reach Matterport support in USA faster.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Vanaman06 private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t think Matterport can help. The account that the scans were uploaded to would have to initiate a transfer.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Virtour private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman
Have you tried approaching the MSP who had captured the spaces (and closed the account) and asking if the subscription fee was paid for, would they reopen their account?

If they say yes, ask the client if he/she would cover one month's hosting fee, activate the account, transfer the tours, and close it out again.

Just a thought...
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
@virtour sounds like a good idea.

Perhaps MSPs looking to leave the business should try to find someone local to continue their scans to ease client trouble through forums like this one.

My matterport rep said one of the reasons they want us to have all our clients as admin was in case we couldn't pay they would try to charge the admin to keep the account going.

I would hate to give Matterport reason to enforce this.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanaman06
I don’t think Matterport can help. The account that the scans were uploaded to would have to initiate a transfer.

I am thinking since they have launched Capture program they can take these tours, host them on their own Matterport account and charge this client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtour
Have you tried approaching the MSP who had captured the spaces (and closed the account) and asking if the subscription fee was paid for, would they reopen their account?

I may try it but at this point I sent the client a link to Scan3D who distributes Matterport in Australia. I know they can do much but they have their own contact with Matterport and hoping they can just help.

If they do not I will try to help. There is nothing for me in it. I hate hosting fees and I have a few of my own clients that I'll need to send an invoice for hosting.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meidansha
Perhaps MSPs looking to leave the business should try to find someone local to continue their scans to ease client trouble through forums like this one.

That what I believe too and I am sure most of us will do that. I just do not understand this MSP. Unless the client is not disclosing all details that is just bad.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
I had a client whose MSP had disappeared and account closed. I contacted MP on their behalf to ask if they could provide contact details or if to see if my client could get their tour reinstated.
Matterport simply said they could not help in any way on privacy grounds.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101751 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?