Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GaryB75 private msg quote post Address this user
Cupboards (closets)
Quite often there will be fitted wardrobes or cupboards in a home, full of clothes/items, and so the dollhouse view will not capture these areas leaving parts blacked out. It’s not so much the floor plan aspect I’m trying to remedy as we are not currently using this, it’s a case of trying to achieve a complete dollhouse view. I did try going back at the end of the scans in the room, and opening the doors with a view to hiding those scans in Capture afterwards, but this resulted in fractured views when moving between the scans that were taken with the doors closed (non-smooth transition when moving between the scans). I’m thinking it might be I just need to accept a 99% dollhouse view, which is not really a big issue, but felt it worth asking the experts on here, just in case I’m missing a trick.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ZakhZ private msg quote post Address this user
For me personally, I just avoid them if it isn't possible to capture the entirety of the inside. If it processes ugly I just trim it out and reupload.

I've scanned an apartment where there was a sliding wall which revealed a small laundry room. In that case I used a 360 scan which turned out really good. If that can't be done nicely I use mattertags to show visitors the inside of cupboards if it's important.

Opening and closing doors between scans is usually not a good idea. The 3D mesh fragments cause too many visual problems. This can be fixed with the "trim sandwich method" but I've never pulled it off successfully.

I'm really interested to see what other pro's think
Post 2 IP   flag post
GaryB75 private msg quote post Address this user
@ZakhZ thank you for the feedback,after spending ages trying to make it work on one space, I gave up. The cupboards we usually deal with are small and full of clothes so seems best to just leave them be.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101749 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?