Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Class Action LawsuitsLegalMatterport Service ProvidersWGANTV Live at 5

WGAN-TV: MSPs' Class Action Lawsuits Against Matterport, Inc.12558

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: John Stemmelin filed 24 June 2020 in US District Court, Northern District of CA. (Case: 5:20-cv-04168)

WGAN-TV: Matterport Service Partners' Class Action Lawsuits Against Matterport, Inc.

Hi All,

✓ Why did two Matterport Service Parters (MSPs) file class action lawsuits against Matterport?
✓ What do they say Matterport promised and failed to deliver?
✓ What do they hope to gain as a result of their lawsuits?
✓ What was the Illinois lawsuit and why was that dismissed in favor of refilling as a class action lawsuit?

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 6 August 2020, my guest is one of plaintiffs' shared co-counsel, Tom Zimmerman, with Zimmerman Law Offices, P.C. in Chicago.

WGAN-TV Live at 5: Matterport Service Partners' Class Action Lawsuits Agains Matterport

✓ Are you a Matterport Service Partner? How will these lawsuits affect you?
✓ If you are thinking about buying a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera? Should you be concerned about these lawsuits?

Both complaints include:

1. Violations of Seller Assisted Marketing Plan Laws
2. Violations of California's Unfair Competition Law
3. Violations of California's False Advertising Law

What do these law say; how did Matterport allegedly violate them? And, how does this affect you?

Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 6 August 2020 at 5 pm EDT (GMT -5) when we do a deep dive into Class Action Lawsuits Against Matterport.

Want to read ahead? Here are the Class Action lawsuit Complaints by:

George Kenner filed 15 July 2020 in Superior Court of California. (Case: 19CV350887)
John Stemmelin filed 24 June 2020 in US District Court, Northern District of CA. (Case: 5:20-cv-04168)

What additional questions should I ask our guest?

Best,

Dan

Screen Grab: George Kenner filed 15 July 2020 in Superior Court of California. (Case: 19CV350887)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Reminder that this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show is tomorrow,Thursday (6 August 2020) at 5 pm EDT.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV: Matterport Service Partners' Class Action Lawsuits Against Matterport one of plaintiffs' shared co-counsel, Tom Zimmerman, with Zimmerman Law Offices, P.C. in Chicago.

Hi All,

Here is a recording of today's WGAN-TV Live at 5 show (above) from earlier today.

Contact info for my guest:

Tom Zimmerman
Zimmerman Law Offices P.C.
Chicago
Tom@AttorneyZim.com
(312) 440-0020

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Changesin3d private msg quote post Address this user
Dan: I think this is your best interview so far. As for my impression of the content, it seems like a few MSP's did some heavy lifting and got some quality attorneys. I bet you several Matterport attorney's were sitting around the table listing to that interview.

Really liked the part at time mark 38:50 to 41:20 where you pointed out that Matterport seems to have dissolved the MSP Program after these lawsuits were filed. After hearing that it sorta seems like proof they were in violation of the laws mentioned and did not want the "class" to be any bigger. If anyone else has another impression I would like to hear it.

Seemed like the attorney was a little guarded in talking about the new program and competition with the MSPs, unfair business practice, brings a little smile to my face.

It was also interesting that he said he had talked to MSPs an "OTHERS" who could be the "OTHERS" be? Somebody that got laid off from Matterport and knew of the Company plans.

Adding the Board of Directors, these guys are not playing around. If I remember Qualcomm had a voice on the board. Dan I bet you the next level of media contacts you, someone like the Wall Street Journal.

Final comment, I bet a lot of MSPs when they hear about the possible buy back or compensation level contact this attorney and share the claims that were made to provide leads. Great interview.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
Great interview!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

The following comment - from Premier Media Group – was posted to our YouTube Channel earlier today (Friday, 7 August 2020):

---

1) Matterport has a well-known track record of not supporting MSPs (support tickets routinely run into 4 or more weeks).

2) I've only actually had one qualified lead so far (since 2018) as an MSP.

3) Matterport also regularly spams leads and our clients with a direct sales campaign to sell more hosting packages and cameras directly to real estate agents..unfairly competing with the MSPs in the same geography.

4) There are also many examples of Matterport announcing partnerships and/or new features, only to have zero communication from the company and multiple failures with ever actually successfully moving forward with the press announcements (e.g., VRPM, Roomy, etc.).

5) Matterport advertises 134 megapixel captures, but we are limited to only having access to photos that have been reduced to a 4096 x 2048 pixels - a huge disparity between what the camera actually captures vs what Matterport makes available to the photographer who actually created the scan.

6) Copyright, VAT / sales tax, consumer privacy laws, and other routinely occurring issues continue to be experienced by MSPs worldwide. Matterport is not in compliance with many of these statutes, and MSP efforts to find relief have fallen on dead ears.

There are many other examples of Matterport's poor business practices vis a vis its dedicated MSP team. I'd be happy to talk with the legal team to help round out the discovery efforts.
---

Source: WGAN-TV Live at 5 YouTube Channel
Post 6 IP   flag post

Post 7 IP   flag post
Rob’s thread was promptly deleted. This is officially the only place to get information on the lawsuits. ALL the user groups are controlled by Matterport, if Glenda and John deleted this from their group. So I ask the follow question? Who are they trying to protect?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Axis360Media
Rob’s thread was promptly deleted. This is officially the only place to get information on the lawsuits. ALL the user groups are controlled by Matterport, if Glenda and John deleted this from their group. So I ask the follow question? Who are they trying to protect?

@Axis360Media

Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I did offer Matterport equal time on WGAN-TV Live 5 on a different night. A Matterport executive replied, "Thank you for offering the opportunity, but we don't discuss ongoing litigation."

Dan

P.S. Rob Reese, you are welcome to post to the WGAN Forum.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101268 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?