Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 674 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,711 Page Views | 19,043 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport 3D Workshop Wish List117

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Enable custom short-link creation. Shorter. Memorable. Tracking.
Post 51 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
To measure square feet (SF) for photographer's to invoice client, add one polygon trim tool per floor. Then, auto-generate screen captures per floor - with just this polygon - for invoice attachments.
Post 52 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Add batch "Move to Folder" (to move more than one 3D Showcase into the same folder.
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Add feature back in: email notice that a model is uploading. Become I leave my iPad plugged in at the office to upload, I like getting this confirmation while I am home.

Plus, it would be great if you could include:

# of models uploaded this billing cycle
# of models hosted this billing cycle
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
When using "Move Model" and you have a ton of models, it would be helpful if the "Cancel" and "Accept" buttons also appeared at the top.
Post 55 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Enable photo(s) to be uploaded via 3D Workshop so that the photo(s) can be used as:

1. "Front Page" screen of 3D Showcase
2. "First Place to Fly-in" which can be different

For example, I would like to use an exterior photo of the how for the 3D Showcase "front page".
Post 56 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Dan I was literally about to add that today
Post 57 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Have the 3D showcase appear above the name. It's below the border on a mobile device if you have a long name (unless you put it in portrait mode)
Wrong section, sorry Dan
Post 58 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
When labeling floors, if you leave the curser within the text, the text does not change. Do you want to add a "save" button? Or, automatically save as we work.
Post 59 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Predictive Mesh Fill Feature for .obj - for example, the chair blocks the sofa, wall and chair so presently the mesh view is missing data behind the chair. So, proactively make the mesh better than the camera actually captured.
Post 60 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
When using the trim tools, the challenge of grabbing and moving the round circles at then end of each trim line is positioning corners of two overlapping trim lines. The trim lines either need to "snap" into place or we should be able to grad the trim tools and move them another way.
Post 61 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabortolot
... rings that with white floor are difficult to be visible.
I would request Matterport to give, as an option, the possibility to change colour on the rings. They disappear when floors are white or lighter./quote]

@andreabortolot
Post 62 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
In Unity, if you have two scans nearly on top of each other, it can be difficult to select the scan(s) you want to deactivate.
Post 63 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Kracka60 Adding your idea to the 3D Workshop Wish List ... Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka60
Hi everyone

Trying to rename the 3d Showcase so the property address is on the top line, Real estate office on the second and then the selling agent on the bottom with his mobile.

Would be great if we could have some more capbility to editing.

Kal
Post 64 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
In Unity-->Snapshot-->capture,

it would be nice to have audio feedback when you hit the "capture" button.

Plus since it does not automatically scroll to the shot that you just captured, it feels like "nothing happened" and end up taking multiple captures of the same screen until you realize that there is no visual or audio feedback.
Post 65 IP   flag post
On Dan's note I would like to get audio feedback when the scan is placed in the mini map. It lets you know if it fails but sometimes it is necessary to know a scan took before you move the tripod.
Post 66 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
We live in a broadband world. If something takes more than 5 seconds to load, I assume there's a problem. We all know that Showcases aren't the fastest thing on the internet.

In those 10-15 seconds of loading, there's so much potential!

More instructions, a much more developed animation sequence that keeps your attention, or a slideshow of exterior photos!

Plus, the blue status bar should move more evenly across the bottom giving the user the impression that it's coming soon.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen some examples of the arrow loading in a circular motion to show it is still loading with the % done numbers. That would be a big help. I love your idea about more instructions and a place to input a few exterior & interior photos we are able to import. Dan, can you put that on the wish list?
Post 68 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Scan numbers in 3D Workshop need to match the scan numbers the Capture app.

For example, I frequently disable scans: often referring to my notes during capture and looking at the mini-maps within the Capture app.
Post 69 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Thumbnails in 3D Workshop need to be full frame
Post 70 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
In Unity-->Scans | The last scan is hidden under xxx/xxx scans: hard to disable the last scan.
Post 71 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
In Unity -->Snapshot-->Capture | When using Capture, stay in Gallery view: not reverting back to Scan view.

For example, when I Capture 25 images, it adds 25 steps to revert back to Gallery view.
Post 72 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
In Unity-->Snapshot | Why is there a Capture option rather than just Snapshot to the take the photo? More options coming in Snapshot?
Post 73 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
In addition to .jpg, add .png download option
Post 74 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a little frustrated, so many people say that the matterport link either loads very slow or won't finish loading. I suspect it is because they don't have enough memory. Is there a way to fix this?
Post 75 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@judysmithre

It's a great question for Matterport: how to optimize load time, if that's possible.

In the mean time:

1. the larger the 3D model, the longer to load (For example, a 200 scan model will take longer to load than a 100 scan model)

2. faster processing -- iPad Air versus iPad -- will load faster

3. We manage expectations: "Takes about 10 seconds to load" We include this (and more) text within the embed code that we provide clients. If you click here and scroll down, you'll all the caption text that we include with our Matterport 3D Showcase. (I shot this 3D Showcase yesterday and delivered to our client this morning.)

Best,

Dan
Post 76 IP   flag post
@judysmithre I think they are starting to get really popular but still have same basic hosting package from AWS. They need to have a big package that is overkill for traffic they are getting because they are not going to get less popular. This effects all of us and I have noticed load times slow significantly and I think it is on there end and not ours. ANyone else notice this is or is it a problem on our end?
Post 77 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Canada
Can music be added to the models so as someone is walking around they can hear music...?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Hahaha I wish
Post 79 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Canada
Cause I figured out how to make a fly through video. And it would be nice to have [white circles] removed
Post 80 IP   flag post
101757 102 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?