Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 674 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,711 Page Views | 19,043 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppFloor PlansShow TourTimerWish ListWP3D Models

Matterport Capture App - Wish List10930

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

This WGAN Forum discussion - a wish list for Matterport Capture App - is inspired by this post from this WGAN Forum discussion:

Insta360 One X & Matterport - Any timer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @pguerreiro
The Capture with the Matterport app using the Insta360 One X is instantaneously and i need 3 or 4 seconds to run and hide

Got a "wish list" item(s) for the Matterport Capture app? Please add it here.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport has an upcoming webinar. GoToWebinar - From real estate to outdoor sports - learn how to create True 3D models using an Insta360 One X

A wishlist item however may be a Matterport AppleWatch companion app to initiate the scan.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Webinar info:

Join #Matterport’s Amir Frank and #INSTA360 Vice President Michael Shabun and learn how you can create true 3D models with Matterport and an INSTA360 camera! Register at
https://www2.matterport.com/l/142351/2020-01-16/84mly6
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
Well, it would be nice to name 360º like the good old days. On that note, it would be nice to have a file on Matterport to use the same 360º scan in different models. I do the same properties a lot and it's not always sunny here on Maui. I would like to use the 360º over and over.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
1) I would like to create 360 views from 3d scans

This would give me more flexibility in postproduction, e.g. if I decide to leave out some spaces that do not look good in dollhouse view or that have been scanned only for floorplan creation

2a) I would like to connect a drone camera to capture app to create an exterior 3D model comparable to dronedeploy

2b) I would like to create 360 views from 360 drone images
Post 5 IP   flag post
DougMagners private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for this wish list post Dan. One thing that always bugs me is not having the ability to manually override a misplaced scan. It is so annoying when you get the green light to move the camera, so you set up your next shot, and then the previous scan comes in and for some reason the app aligned the scan in the wrong area! Now you have to move the camera back and try it again, possibly a couple times until it gets it right. I wish we could click on the misplaced scan and drag it to the relatively correct location and then tell the app to rerun its registration magic in that correct location. Ideally we could even do that while the camera is capturing the next scan.
Thank you!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DougMagners

Perhaps we could tap of the previous scan so “it” knows which scan to attach to. When I bought my Matterport camera in July 2014, that was necessary. Perhaps that could be an option for challenging spaces.

Dan

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
DougMagners private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod,

Clicking the adjacent scan for reference would be a great option too, and probably easier to program.

Thank you
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Perhaps we could tap of the previous scan so “it” knows which scan to attach to.

I still do this from time to time myself if even wishful thinking. In the cellphone capture beta I had accidentally seen that you could move the scan position though the "Actual" movement of the position resulted in a crash of the app
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Joelbcollins
Ugh...tell me this has happened to you before...

I scanned a big-ish house but managed to keep it under 100 scans, finished at 91.

Got billed and noticed it was higher than expected. Checked and I was charged for a large processing job. Hopped on chat and he said that house was large, because it included 91 3D scans, and 11 360 scans. Shame on me for not knowing or realizing 360 scans count towards the total, EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL SCANS NUMBER AT THE TOP OF THE APP.

Dammit.

Why am I still using this?

✓ include 360 scans in the total scan count at the top of the Matterport Capture app
Post 10 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Add "Feedback System" to the wish list for tour platforms, Matterport or ANY 360 tour platform.

Through our advertising, we are trying to limit, or even circumvent the hassle of physical showings by offering clients an immersive online experience, yet the current tour platforms do not provide a way for the viewer/buyer/renter to give valuable feedback.

Part of the backstory here, for those who do not use property showing services to facilitate buyer/tenant-agent showings, is that all showing services have an automated protocol for requesting feedback from the showing agent in multiple formats; canned or custom lists of questions, or essay style, or a combination of both, where the showing agent can inform the listing agent how the experience went, what they liked, or disliked about the property so that changes can be made in order to speed the sales process along.

Based on the above, if a physical showing never took place, but they walked through the property using one of our tours, we still need to know who the consumer is and what they thought of the property. In fact, this is the perfect time and opportunity to find out more about them as a buyer/tenant from a CRM perspective.
How else would this happen, unless the viewer is offered a way to do this, a message or other pop-up, before they click away from the tour?

If this issue is solved, I can assure you that more agents will be happy to adopt 3D/360 tours.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@bryanhscott

Great point! In the interim, here are examples of value-added platforms that mashup with Matterport and have lead generation / feedback forms:

WP3D Models WordPress Plugin
CAPTUR3D
Show & Tour

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
Wish a trim tool to block moves/passage

I sometimes use the window trim tool to block passages(in the case with stairs that I only want to take at a certain place for example) It works but it produces a strange effect when you go along it (because of the mesh created).
As you can't go through walls, i bet that Cortex could understand a trim tool that allows you to block a passage (same as the window tools but with no mesh created).
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @3dshowcaseuk
This is an email I just sent to Matterport support anyone else have this issue if so please send a quick email to support@matterport.com and hopefully it will be fixed soon!

Hi Matterport

Please please please tell me why you put the 3D/360 button so close to the scan button in capture app

I couldn’t tell you the amount of time I have accidentally hit it and then scanned on 2-3 sometimes 5-6 shots just to realise I have inadvertently changed to 360 mode and therefore had to go back and rescan all the same points

The noise is even the same as in 3D mode so that doesn’t alert you. If you are like me and are replying to emails and making calls while scanning properties it’s easy to just assume the scans are aligning

Please in your next update can you move the 360/3D button away from the scan button or at the very least change the sound when a 360 transfers rather than a 3D scam

Thanks in advance

Please see this WGAN Forum discussion for more:

Ahhhhh! 3D/360 button on Matterport capture app

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
Hi All,

While I know that I downloaded Matterport Capture App version 4.0, where do I find the version number in the app?

I am asking because @3dblickwinkel is trying to trouble-shoot what is causing a scanning problem with his Matterport Pro2 3D Camera and Leica BLK360 camera/scanner.

If he can determine that he does not have the current Matterport Capture App, this would rule out problems that some WGAN Forum Members are reporting:

Question of the Day: Updated Matterport Capture App causing Pro2 Crashing?

Thanks,

Dan

---

Add a screen in the Matterport Capture App that shows the app version number. This will be helpful trouble-shooting when there is a new app release and a bug is reported.

---

More backstory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @3dblickwinkel
@dansmigrod Where do I find the version? I only find information you see in the enclosed picture.
I didn´t use the system on Thursday and Monday evening German time I stopped using it. Yesterday morning German time I started to continue scanning the tour from Monday and an update appears, something with Cortex and if I wouldn´t update some functions wouldn´t work anymore. After that "map updating" appears and after some time I could see the tour and scan. BLK scans and after doing that "alignment" appears for sometime before the app crashes. In between you could see once that app is working (color of the white circles round the scanpoints comes in motion for a second). And as written before and trying a lot of things for hours nothing has changed.
Today I tried again. Unfortunately the same and no reaction from MP support.

I´m very astonished reading hundreds of comments in the net from colleagues and no statement from MP.

Obviously there must be a big issue and I don´t know how to make my customer feel comfortable.

I´m in the same distress as yesterday and only have two days left to finish the job because the campingsite will open after corona lockdown.

It is unbelievable.

Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
A cloud hosted backup and restore that is an Apple like experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Queen_City_3D
Last year I took off a number of Matterport jobs using the iExplorer method.

I had the "jobs" saved as individual files. It seems the data had backed up nicely (the saved files on computer showed to be the same ones on iPad with it's respective subfolders and files specific to each individual model).

I am now trying to restore a job back on to the iPad.

I reversed the process and dragged the particular job file back from desktop to its own job folder and it looks like everything is back on the iPad. The file looks no different than the other ones that are there and yet the particular model does not show up in the Capture app.

I figure I must be doing something wrong.

Has anyone done a file restore using iExplorer?

Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Ability to delete multiple scans at one time in Capture app. Why did this functionality disappear in Capture App 4.0?
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Queen_City_3D
The lack of a backup solution after 5 years is one of the most troubling aspects of Matterport's business plan.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @sdubose99
This plugin [Ricoh - time shifting plugin] for Ricoh cameras allows you to take a shot with the front lens, then take a shot with the back lens... allowing for you to take two photos near the camera without actually being in the photos.

Anyone with experience, please confirm this can be used with Matterport Capture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @sdubose99
Thanks Harlan... yeah, but my clients ask for Matterport. Would be great to have a time shift plugin with Matterport... for residential spaces, but especially for large commercial spaces.

Hi All,

From this WGAN Forum discussion:

Ricoh - time shifting plugin

Best,

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VTLV
Darn, I was hoping this video would discuss how to set your camera on the first scan to make the tour fit your iPad in landscape or portrait and not be angled.

Hi All,

Video: How to set Matterport Start Location and Matterport Deep Links

Best,

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @delucasso
Hi, I'd like to make a company to do a scan for me with Matterport.
Then, I'd like them to transfer the model from their Capture APP to my capture app on my ipad, that I can manage and hold this model at my ipad. Is it possible?

Can I transfer a model from the Capture app to another?

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
inmerso3D private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting topic.

My contribution:

1-That the last scan in the capture app(the image product of the scan, not the point) remains flashing (before / after every 1 second), so that it can be seen if there is misalignment or any error.

2-All current trim tools are only on the floor plan. A vertical trim would also be useful to eliminate ghost reflections above the ceiling or below the floor that can appear in places with infrared problems (excessive sunlight, security cameras, etc).
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Axis360Media
...They also offer little help for stolen devices. I had one stolen that has to be somewhere, yet it’s never been used for a scan since I used it. I am skeptical.

Prevent Matterport Capture app uploading from a stolen Matterport Pro camera.

Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @RomainReparage
Matterport do not supports Time Shift Shooting.
That would be a winner for all Z1 users.
I don't understand why this major company (Matterport)can't make a deal with this very little plug in company...

Matterport Capture App should support Time Shift Shooting with Ricoh Theta Z1 and Ricoh Theta V.

Dan
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:

Screen Grab: Time Shift Shooting plugin for Ricoh Theta Z1 and Ricoh Theta V.

@jpierce360

Quote:
Originally Posted by @jpierce360
- Is their a plug on where I can shoot with one side of the camera, pause and than continue shooting the other side? I could have sworn I saw this but can't find the information

How to Remove Yourself from a 360º Photo (During the Shoot)

Dan
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ron0987
This is what I was talking about the limitations of the MP trim line. I wish they would make trim work like a typical CAD program. If it would work like that then your problem be resolved.

Above is from the WGAN Forum discussion:

Help me clear up the use of the trim tool in Matterport

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @cgraft

I would actually use my current Theta camera for certain tours if Matterport supported capturing from one lens, waiting for a second, then capturing the other side.

Giving the photographer time to walk around the camera is what they need to work on to sell more of these to us.

RICOH THETA Z1 51GB; 23 MG 6720x3360 px/Supports RAW-$1,045-Ships May 2021

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @jcyin
Has anyone been able to solve the issue where the Matterport Capture app ignores the Ricoh Theta Z1's time shift plugin settings?

For folks using the Z1, do you still need to hide when scanning?

Ricoh Z1 + Matterport Capture Delay

This request keeps coming up. Seems like a great feature for Matterport to enable.

Dan
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Video: How to Work With 360 Markups and the 360 MarkupList in HoloBuilder | Video courtesy of HoloBuilder YouTube Channel | 3 June 2021

Hi All,

Seems like a "wish list" item for Matterport Capture and Workshop?

From the HoloBuilder YouTube Channel

Learn how to work with 360 Markups and the 360MarkupList in the JobWalk App and in the Web Editor.

HoloBuilder (https://www.holobuilder.com) is the fast & secure Construction Progress Management platform, powered by 360° Photo Capture. Proven & trusted by 59% of ENR TOP 100 Contractors.

HoloBuilder is the fastest and easiest way to document construction site progress with 360° Photo Capture in a secure SaaS cloud environment, covering all phases of the project lifecycle. With a super-fast and efficient workflow, you can create a Digital Progress Record of your job site and access it remotely from anywhere.

HoloBuilder provides a complete Digital Progress Record of construction activities including who, what, where, when, why, and how - eliminating doubt.
• Track and analyze daily or weekly site progress in 360°
• Reduce documentation time by 80%
• Know current site condition anytime and from anywhere
• Create impressive handover documents for owners
• Build trust & collaboration among team members & stakeholders

HoloBuilder Use Cases Include:
• As-Built Documentation
• Site Planning
• Progress Tracking
• In-Wall & Pre-Pour Documentation
• OAC Meeting Visuals
• Change Order & RFI Documentation

Source: HoloBuilder YouTube Channel
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport needs to add a smartphone rotator to pair with Matterport Capture.
Post 30 IP   flag post
101754 44 30