Connecting 3D/360° Virtual Tour Buyers to Service Providers powered by
the Most In-Depth, Relevant and Up-to-Date Content and Training for the 3D/360° Community
Join FREE! 50+ Benefits
Find a 3D Tour Photographer Map
We Get Around Network Find a Pro Service
Matterport Service Provider? Join We Get Around Network
Engage an EyeSpy360 Service Provider to
Shoot, Create and Publish the tours for you.
for WGAN Forum Members
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple USA Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facillities Management
Last 30 Days: 62,924 Page Views | 16,249 Visitors | 97 New Members
WGAN Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 65,116  |  Total Topics: 10,293
5,736 WGAN Members in 134 Countries
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN-TV Training U in Matterport
WGAN-TV Live at 5
RELA Booking/Billing Platform for Real Estate
Photographers with RELA CEO Mike Land
CAPTUR3DCapture AppShow TourTimerWish ListWP3D Models

Matterport Capture App - Wish List10930

WGAN Forum
Founder
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

This WGAN Forum discussion - a wish list for Matterport Capture App - is inspired by this post from this WGAN Forum discussion:

Insta360 One X & Matterport - Any timer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @pguerreiro
The Capture with the Matterport app using the Insta360 One X is instantaneously and i need 3 or 4 seconds to run and hide

Got a "wish list" item(s) for the Matterport Capture app? Please add it here.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport has an upcoming webinar. GoToWebinar - From real estate to outdoor sports - learn how to create True 3D models using an Insta360 One X

A wishlist item however may be a Matterport AppleWatch companion app to initiate the scan.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Webinar info:

Join #Matterport’s Amir Frank and #INSTA360 Vice President Michael Shabun and learn how you can create true 3D models with Matterport and an INSTA360 camera! Register at
https://www2.matterport.com/l/142351/2020-01-16/84mly6
Post 3 IP   flag post
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
Well, it would be nice to name 360º like the good old days. On that note, it would be nice to have a file on Matterport to use the same 360º scan in different models. I do the same properties a lot and it's not always sunny here on Maui. I would like to use the 360º over and over.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
1) I would like to create 360 views from 3d scans

This would give me more flexibility in postproduction, e.g. if I decide to leave out some spaces that do not look good in dollhouse view or that have been scanned only for floorplan creation

2a) I would like to connect a drone camera to capture app to create an exterior 3D model comparable to dronedeploy

2b) I would like to create 360 views from 360 drone images
Post 5 IP   flag post
DougMagners private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for this wish list post Dan. One thing that always bugs me is not having the ability to manually override a misplaced scan. It is so annoying when you get the green light to move the camera, so you set up your next shot, and then the previous scan comes in and for some reason the app aligned the scan in the wrong area! Now you have to move the camera back and try it again, possibly a couple times until it gets it right. I wish we could click on the misplaced scan and drag it to the relatively correct location and then tell the app to rerun its registration magic in that correct location. Ideally we could even do that while the camera is capturing the next scan.
Thank you!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder
@DougMagners

Perhaps we could tap of the previous scan so “it” knows which scan to attach to. When I bought my Matterport camera in July 2014, that was necessary. Perhaps that could be an option for challenging spaces.

Dan

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
DougMagners private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod,

Clicking the adjacent scan for reference would be a great option too, and probably easier to program.

Thank you
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Perhaps we could tap of the previous scan so “it” knows which scan to attach to.

I still do this from time to time myself if even wishful thinking. In the cellphone capture beta I had accidentally seen that you could move the scan position though the "Actual" movement of the position resulted in a crash of the app
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Joelbcollins
Ugh...tell me this has happened to you before...

I scanned a big-ish house but managed to keep it under 100 scans, finished at 91.

Got billed and noticed it was higher than expected. Checked and I was charged for a large processing job. Hopped on chat and he said that house was large, because it included 91 3D scans, and 11 360 scans. Shame on me for not knowing or realizing 360 scans count towards the total, EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL SCANS NUMBER AT THE TOP OF THE APP.

Dammit.

Why am I still using this?

✓ include 360 scans in the total scan count at the top of the Matterport Capture app
Post 10 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Add "Feedback System" to the wish list for tour platforms, Matterport or ANY 360 tour platform.

Through our advertising, we are trying to limit, or even circumvent the hassle of physical showings by offering clients an immersive online experience, yet the current tour platforms do not provide a way for the viewer/buyer/renter to give valuable feedback.

Part of the backstory here, for those who do not use property showing services to facilitate buyer/tenant-agent showings, is that all showing services have an automated protocol for requesting feedback from the showing agent in multiple formats; canned or custom lists of questions, or essay style, or a combination of both, where the showing agent can inform the listing agent how the experience went, what they liked, or disliked about the property so that changes can be made in order to speed the sales process along.

Based on the above, if a physical showing never took place, but they walked through the property using one of our tours, we still need to know who the consumer is and what they thought of the property. In fact, this is the perfect time and opportunity to find out more about them as a buyer/tenant from a CRM perspective.
How else would this happen, unless the viewer is offered a way to do this, a message or other pop-up, before they click away from the tour?

If this issue is solved, I can assure you that more agents will be happy to adopt 3D/360 tours.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder
@bryanhscott

Great point! In the interim, here are examples of value-added platforms that mashup with Matterport and have lead generation / feedback forms:

WP3D Models WordPress Plugin
CAPTUR3D
Show & Tour

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
65956 12 12
destitute