Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FireMarketingMitigationRestorationWater Damage

11 Opportunities for MSPs with Water/Fire Mitigation-Restoration-Insurance9987

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: Matterport Meets Insurance Documentation: We Get Around Network Founder Dan Smigrod with Public Insurance Adjusters

Matterport 3D Tour of water damaged house scanned by We Get Around Network Photographer Dan Smigrod

Hi All,

For companies that do mitigation for water/fire damage and restoration - typically with homeowner insurance claims - it absolutely makes sense for these companies to buy Matterport Pro2 3D Cameras for each of their teams that do:

✓ Water/Fire Damage Mitigation
✓ Restoration

These companies have urgent needs to scan 24/7 and can keep the cameras busy enough to justify the investment in Matterport Pro2 3D Camera purchases and Matterport Cloud subscription.

So, how can Matterport Service Providers make money in the Restoration and Insurance space?

1. Consulting
2. On-Site Training (Matterport scanning, Matterport Workshop 3.0, MatterTags, SnapShots)
3. Support (Phone and On-Site: Faster, Local)
4. Peak scanning (when there are more jobs that the companies can handle internally)
5. Natural Disasters (more documentation that the Mitigation-Restoration companies can handle
6. Vacation (cover for a Mitigation-Restoration employee is on vacation, sick)
7. Video services (Prepare the marketing tools for the company to get more business showing how it uses Matterport.)
8. 3rd Party Services
9. DSLR "After" shoot for marketing tools to show amazing restoration
10. Rent Camera (Loan or rent Matterport Pro2 3D Camera when the company is in a pinch)
11. 24/7 Emergency Matterport Scanning (Charge a premium): likely only if you have 3 Pros on your team

On-Site training is a big deal. You can help these companies succeed faster and follow best practices. For larger companies, local support (phone and on-site) is huge. You have expertise that you can charge for.

How else might a Matterport Service Provider make money in the Water/Fire Damage Mitigation, Restoration and Insurance space?

Best,

Dan

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

51 Ways Matterport Helps with Mitigation, Restoration & Insurance Documents
6 Videos: Matterport for Insurance & Restoration
Video: Matterport Space Meets Water Damage Insurance Claim
Post 1 IP   flag post
johnwheatley private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the content @DanSmigrod. How come there are so many scans on this property? Many scan points are almost right on top of each other. More than that, in some areas, there are many scan points clustered together. What is this about?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@johnwheatley

I shot way, way, way too many scans in this June 11, 2016 Matterport model. I would NOT recommend shooting water damage as I did in this example.

I believe my thinking at the time was to overscan to get every nook and cranny - including at different levels - to help the adjusters create an Xactimate drawing.

I was going for a super-dense mesh for any CAD work.

And, I was trying to make the dollhouse view amazing (since there are many hidden spaces (that would have been black if I had not done so many scans).

If I was shooting this space today, I would have done it in far, far, far fewer scans because:

1. dollhouse view is not critical to the insurance space
2. I just needed enough scans so that the Xactimate drawing could be done. (Incidentally, while I was scanning, an adjuster was doing an Xactimate hand-drawing pencil sketch that he said he would re-do at home. I asked why he was not using the Xactimate app and he said he preferred old school - which likely is a challenge for business development.)
3. Shooting at different elevations is not necessary for the Xactimate sketch
4. Any SnapShots could have been done with far fewer scans
5. I was not efficient with my time

There were no issues of scans not aligning.

Does that help?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
johnwheatley private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Thanks Dan! That helps a lot! I just received my first Matterport yesterday, waiting for the tripod today, so I have yet to try this out on a job. Your multilevel, heavy scan made me worry that I was underestimating what I was going to be doing.

I bought this thing against the advice of my key staff, and they are not happy about it. I will need to prove relatively quickly that this will more than pay for itself each month. We are new-ish with very tight cash flow, few jobs and rare big jobs, so their argument is that we are too early to bring in this tool, that we won't reap the benefits of a more established company, and we need the cash flow for other things. They might be right, but I took the leap. I hope to prove them wrong quickly.

It may not make sense to scan small jobs of a just a portion of a room or two or three, which is most of our jobs.

Do you have any thoughts on this, maximizing MP ROI for a small startup restoration company, proving ROI, and when to use MP vs the size and scop of a job? (I have read all the posts about the benefits in the insurance space, so I don't need your thoughts on that. I mean, getting max value out of this as a small restoration company.) Perhaps this should be a new thread.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@johnwheatley

Congrats on your new Matterport Pro2 3D Camera. Take advantage of this WGAN free offer ...

Buy a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera between May 1 - Sept 30, 2019 and get free

✓ that includes an All Access Pass to the WGAN-TV Training Academy.

Demo ROI to your team, win new accounts by showing "before" and "after" ... You can still tell the story to your potential clients how you will be using this tech at different phases of their project.

I do wonder if "just the kitchen" or "just this area of the house" is enough to make it worthwhile. That might work for the "before" / "after" above; practice scanning and workflow.

A few questions for you:

1. Please tell me about your restoration company (mitigation too? Mostly insurance?)
2. What your initial thoughts of problems - and opportunities - that you solve with the Matterport 3D Tour and MatterPak
3. Please tell me about the phases that you anticipate using the Matterport 3D Tour/MatterPak

By the way, have you read these WGAN discussions: (or for the benefit of others following this discussion)

51 Ways Matterport Helps with Mitigation, Restoration & Insurance Documents

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Interested in Matterport Meets Insurance Claims: Flood/Fire Remediation and Restoration?

Add this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show to your calendar (optional: and receive reminders)

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?