Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVHow toMatterport Workshop

Videos: How to publish to Google Street View from Matterport Workshop 3.09938

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 5 of 5 Short Story #698- Public And Private Settings, Link To Space With Google Street View

WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 5 of 5 Short Story #699- Logging Into The Google Street View App

WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 5 of 5 Short Story #700- Image Settings In The Google Street View App

WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 5 of 5 Short Story #701- Exemplification For Using Google Street View Images

Hi All,

In these WGAN-TV Short Stories (#698, #699, #700, #701), Matterport Marketing Manager Amir Frank shows how to publish to Google Street View from Matterport Workshop 3.0.

Includes

✓ Where to place
✓ How to place
✓ How to allow Matterport permission to your Google account
✓ How to position correctly
✓ How to confirm a business listing
✓ How hidden Matterport scans works in Google Street View
✓ How to limit Google to Matterport scans in Highlight Reel
✓ How to limit Google to the Start scan only
✓ How to un-publish from Google Street View
✓ How to set which Matterport scans are viewable in the left panel

If you are shooting commercial spaces, publishing to Google Street View is an Add On opportunity for Publishing to Google Street View with month-to-month or annual Hosting, Maintenance and Support.

Questions about publishing to Google Street View from Matterport?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
i publish many bars and restaurants to GSV. The latest one only the 3d scans show up . Any of the 360 photos that are not in the scan they don't show, Even though e use the 360 in highlight reel to creat a tour. The reason we don't have all 3d scans is that patios are all outside in sunny area. I have very little luck with converting the 360 to a 3d. Any suggestions would be great
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

can any one tell me whether its worth to spend $$ on the rich z1 to capture outside spaces or will Matterport 360 scans converted to 3d scans work just as well. i have a lot of beach bars i do and half indoor half outdoor.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycayman
Hi
i publish many bars and restaurants to GSV. The latest one only the 3d scans show up . Any of the 360 photos that are not in the scan they don't show, Even though e use the 360 in highlight reel to creat a tour. The reason we don't have all 3d scans is that patios are all outside in sunny area. I have very little luck with converting the 360 to a 3d. Any suggestions would be great

You can only publish 3d scans through Matterport, 360s won't be published.
You can download 360s from Matterport, publish & join them with the model manually through Street View or something like Pano2VR.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycayman
Hi

can any one tell me whether its worth to spend $$ on the rich z1 to capture outside spaces or will Matterport 360 scans converted to 3d scans work just as well. i have a lot of beach bars i do and half indoor half outdoor.

It is up to you regarding buying a z1 but you can do 360s with Matterport outdoor and then download them from your workshop to publish them manually. if Matterport does not cut on their quality when they are downloaded you will get much better resolution than from a Z1.

My advice is to scan indoor with a Matterport camera and try to do 3D scans outdoor joined with the indoor as many as possible. When it stops with alignment you can switch to 360 and finish with that.

Even though Matterport charges $15 for publishing to GSV it is so easy to publish as a whole model. With anything else you will spend a lot of time on finding correct spots, setting North, default views. Plus you will need good software for publishing and it alone about $300 USD.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

This topic came up again today here. (27 May 2020)

Moving this discussion to the top.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?