Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360DSLRHow toMecha Motorized RotatorNodalNinja

Video: How to automate shooting 360ºs with any DSLR Camera9854

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Mecha Motorized Rotator | Less than 2 minute Box to Shoot 360° panoramas | Video courtesy of NondalNinja. (25 July 2019)

Hi All,

If you have been thinking about using your DSLR camera to shoot 360º spherical photos, this motorized rotator from WGAN Member @Bill at NodalNinja likely would be helpful.

Need a fish-eye lens? the head that connects your DSLR to the motorized rotator or other DSLR accessories for shooting 360ºs? Simply ask NodalNinja for help.

(Here's my 360º DSLR Kit for my Canon 5D Mark III.)

What questions do you have about using your DSLR camera to shoot 360º photo spheres?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I mentioned it a few times here. This is a great device at a great price. The only drawback is that you need to stitch all images into panorama.

I asked on the NodalNinja forum(https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/forum/product-solutions/robotics/30091-questions-before-purchasing-mecha-e1)about what is the best way to stitch them without spending too much time on it and it seems PTGUI is a right tool that can even do it in batch.

I am going to get that rotator at this price and it is on my list to buy and test with my Sony A7s. However with PTGui cost added I have to postpone it. I have bought Z1 recently and I am still thinking about getting GeoCV. So with all that extra and big expenses I have to wait before I can get this Mecha rotator.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman I use PTgui software and the newest version works great with just about any camera, I have used it with a Go Pro and special rotator to my D600 with 12-24 and have had great results.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman

PanoStitcher powered by PanoSkin stitches 360ºs for USD $1 each 360º (panorama).

Is that helpful?

Dan

From the PanoStitcher website

Panostitcher is operated by the same creators of the new virtual platform, Panoskin. It is designed to help members of the Panoskin Family with stitching their images into 360-degree panoramas.

This quick and easy service helps you get your panoramas ready to upload into the Panoskin Publisher. Our team of professional photographers and photo editors are experienced in the latest stitching software to produce premium panoramic images.

We are very excited to offer this professional stitching service to members of the Panoskin Family.

Source: Panoskin
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
PanoStitcher powered by PanoSkin stitches 360ºs for USD $1 each 360º (panorama).

Is that helpful?

May be. At least I can use them to test Mecha without buying PTGui. However in a long run I would prefer not to pay for it and do it myself. Thanks for letting me know about their stitching service.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101646 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?