Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture 3.0Capture AppErroriMazingTipsUrgentWarning

Warning: Please DO NOT upgrade to Capture 3.0.4 until further notice.9822

WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Warning: Please DO NOT upgrade to Capture 3.0.4 until further notice. -

"We are researching, but there are reports of an error message like this:" - Dee Johnson on MOUG 9am 7-23

Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
My wife said all the previous Matterport data disappeared from her iPad... I wonder if it was due to this update.

Ugh!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
Mine all went away when my Beta Expired a little while back. Lesson learned when Dee says do not do this way or that way. She warned us the Beta was to be used for experimental, not to rely on it for business.

For years, I was good about keeping my updates turned off. Then listen to chatter on WGA about the latest updates before I would update the Capture App.

Metroplex showed "" and I went all in on the Beta.

OOP'S

@Queen_City_3D - Was yours tied to the that Beta Version ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tette99 private msg quote post Address this user
What if I already upgraded but didn’t select ‘delete’. How would I keep my existing models?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
I'm trying to watch this one right now since I have Imazing.

There's tons of topics out here about "How to Back up your Matterport Spaces" up your Ipad.

Last I saw Capture 3.0.4 will be removed from Apple Store. When you see a new version, you can be okay to download.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV The best is to ask Dee if they will share the "ünofficial" way to backup your tours. I had a major problem with my iPad crashing and then will not upload any of the captured tours will just keep spinning. Nearly lost all my data.

So I followed the ünofficial"instructions and had to manually scrape the data and send it to Matterport to get processed and stitched one model was 980+ scans. So Imagine going to go back and do it over, work that took two days. But also credit goes to Maggie, she went beyond her payroll and even called me at 2am her time to spend nearly an hour with me on the phone troubleshooting and helping with the data. Thank you again for that Maggie.

This is off the record, but I think Dee & Maggie needs a raise or an all-expenses-paid holiday to Borra Borra, they are the only reason that I am still using Mattreport. Girls, I thank you again for your service and doing more that is expected from you. Will always be grateful.
Post 6 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Just following on from this major issue. See Matterport's most recent response.

---

Thanks for contacting Matterport Support. Sorry to hear that you've encountered a known issue that we're working hard to fix shortly.

Please backup your Capture app data:

And then you can press the "Delete" option. This will delete the models in your Capture app and you will be able to continue scanning.

Once we have a fix for the issue, you will be able to restore the data from your backup to the Capture app.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Dee
Post 7 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
What happens if the update already deleted all your stuff.... any way Matterport can get that back? I'm okay with losing most of the scanned properties as there will never be a need to go back to the majority of the places. However, there were a few that we had saved on the iPad that we would be doing further work on and now that is all of a sudden gone.

I never would expect an auto update to delete.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bratislavska, Slovakia
JanHamorsky private msg quote post Address this user
I had the same issue this afternoon...🙁

I didn't select "delet" but backed up all Matterport Capture data first (using iMazing) and then I selected "delete".
Now I don't see any model in the application, but the data is there. They certainly weren't deleted from iPad, because there are the same 70GB that were there before. I assume that when the problem is fixed, the models will load into the application again ... hopefully.

Jan
Post 9 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
Per Matterport Support within the last half hour, the issue has been fixed and updates may resume.

UPDATE: This issue has been fixed!

It's available in the general release version of the Capture App. Please update your App!

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding.

If you have already started the update and you get the error: "Unable to Update Existing Data", please select "QUIT" and backup your Capture app data: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ViNHL1Kmvc&fbclid=IwAR073Zv9X_l4Fz72jfQQgEOasxqVW24Dx9zI01xCgkyKSxR81B3lbWc52ag

Once you have a good backup, you can then continue with the Update.

If you have not already started the update to the Capture app, you can turn off auto update: https://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/features/how-to-disable-or-enable-automatic-app-updates-on-iphone-ipad-and-ipod-touch-1662192?fbclid=IwAR01ffgbCw7GKWweer-BrpgouEDYNuAT47WJVe7Ww_pWJ17YxTN4rCWugXU

Please feel free to contact support@matterport.com if you need assistance.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101428 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?