Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NewbiesObject File

When do you get the OBJ file?98

JHR private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I'm a newbie so maybe it's a simple question...
As I understood, once you shoot a house, then you upload that to the cloud, and after paying the fee, you can get the OBJ file. Is it like that?
I was wondering if you can get the mesh (OBJ file) independently if you've upload the information for the showcase or not.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
sdubose99 private msg quote post Address this user
Log into my.matterport.com and download the .obj file by clicking this icon. Just curious, what will you do with the .obj file?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks for the response. I haven't my matterport yet, that's why I'm asking. I'm an architect and I'm interested in using OBJ file for renovation projects. Some of them wouldn't need the showcase for the previous phase. What I don't know is if you can get directly the OBJ to your computer without paying any fee.
Post 3 IP   flag post
sdubose99 private msg quote post Address this user
There's no additional fee for the download.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks! It's good to know
Post 5 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
There is no fee now but they plan on charging to download the obj later this year. Total BS I know. I can attach all my correspondence with Paul on the issue (although a lot was over the phone) if anyone is interested.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Plan on charging for it?! You have gotta be joking! Talk about moving the goal posts...
Post 7 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to see the emails as this is something we all bought into as part of our package. If they begin to charge for the OBJ I think we have a case against MP. You can't sell a system with the clear understanding that you get x with that system and then later start charging you for it.

I would like other comments regarding this.

Thanks.
Post 8 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
reading through the terms on their site at the moment and came across this part... was it the same when you got yours?

7.7 Export. During the term of this Agreement, You will have the ability to download a standard .obj export file of any of Your Standard 3D Models then in existence on the Matterport Portal, provided You first pay Matterport’s then-current standard download fee for each .obj file in such export. Such fee is posted on the Matterport website, provided that Matterport reserves the right to change such fee at any time by posting a revised fee on the Matterport website. Following payment of such fee for a particular .obj file, You will have the right to download such .obj file as many times as You wish during the term of this Agreement. You acknowledge that Matterport is not obligated to provide You with any support in connection with such export file or Derived Imagery or Standard 3D Models following expiration or termination of this Agreement. You further acknowledges that, other than the access provided to 3D Showcases via the Matterport Portal during the Subscription Period, and except as provided in Section 7.2, Matterport has no obligation to provide You with an export file or any other download of the Showcase Imagery (or any Digital Objects, Positional Technology or other content therein) at any time during or after the Subscription Period.

Found here: http://matterport.com/terms-of-service-2/
Post 9 IP   flag post
svensson private msg quote post Address this user
This is really ridiculous. Soon, there will be another company providing our wishlist features and everything else we want that matterport would not have done. Unless they improve their errors and bugs and cut these silly charges.
Post 10 IP   flag post
obrary private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there. I'm floating around the edges looking to get involved and learn more about matteport as a service..

Since this thread is a few months old... Can someone comment on whether there are currently fees for downloading OBJs?
Post 11 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Obrary

You are not charged for the OBJ and once your've downloaded it, it is yours to do with as you please. You are charged a monthly fee to use the MP service which also includes the hosting of the Showcases which you and your clients view.

If and anytime you decide to stop paying your monthly service fee your Showcase's will vanish. If you had downloaded the OBJ's for each Showcase those of course would not be affected as you have these stored somewhere on you system.

I hope that answers your question.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
Being in the industry and attending many VR conferences around the world we are privy to some up and coming projects. Many are public knowledge and some not. I personally give Matterport about 1 year before we see "serious" competition providing more for less. Matterport is riding the gravy train as far as they can whilst dominating this particular market. Overall we can still maintain profit in providing tours to clients. But we know enough to give careful consideration in buying additional equipment. We have seen small glimpses beyond the horizon and it's a beautiful place :-)

Post 13 IP   flag post
101436 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?