Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GeoCVVersusVirtual StagingWhite Label

How much would you charge for doing a job with GeoCV as the next sample?9783

Pau private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!
First of all congratulate Dan for this magnificent forum. Thank you!!
I have been following everything related to GeoCV for a while now and the truth is that Anton and his team are doing a great job.

Well, I have the opportunity to do a job with the same characteristics to the following link:
clickable text
What price would charge to perform the same job to a particular client, not real estate?.

Since I have not yet decided on the purchase of the equipment, I would ask anyone who has already experienced the workflow with GeoCV if you could tell me an approximation of the price that the budget.

* From what I have read, the price of the integration of 3D content + 360 ° of drone and the virtual staging should be given to me by GeoCV.

I hope you can help me.
Regards!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I've been shooting GeoCV and Matterport for 6 months. I charge the same for both, but use GeoCV on the more spectacular listings which can profit from the outdoor view. But I find the time and effort involved with GeoCV in both shooting and editing is the same as Matterport. So just add what you wish for the exterior and/or virtual staging.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Here is a bit longer, more detailed reply. The huge manor house in the GeoCV example you reference is really gigantic. GeoCV created this themselves, but I think it's around 30,000 sq ft. With its many small rooms and 4 floors, I would estimate this to take 2-3 days to scan with precision with either MP or GeoCV. I recently used GeoCV on a 12,000 sq ft estate which was an all-day job (will be showing off soon). You will need to recharge the camera and rotation base when you break for lunch, etc.

I continue to be immensely impressed with GeoCV. It offers the ability to adjust panos, meaning you can color correct, retouch, erase, replace skies, anything, and then reupload the panos into the model. You can shoot aerial panos and add them as Viewpoints (what MP calls 360s) into the tour. You can create exterior 3D modeling (I use DroneDeploy) to create its striking Outdoor 3D Mode.

Add to this, you can white label your work, something MP users have wished in vain for since its launch, and which seems will never be offered based on the company's response to questions. MSPs know it makes them look as disposable as Uber drivers. MP understands this, it simply doesn't care. Their company interest comes first. MP does not want YOU to be viewed as a unique artist. It wants you defined as someone, anyone, who has one of their cameras. They want "Powered by Matterport" on everything because they want clients to think that every Matterport scan is the same, just like Uber, just like McDonalds. From their perspective, I get it. But just like Uber or McDo, this is a marketing approach which will always drive prices in a race to the bottom. Matterport wants that, too. Ask Uber drivers.

But here's an idea. What if instead of calling Uber, you called George, a professional driver? What if George, without even being told, knew you needed to move a bed and arrived with a truck? What if George divined that you were attending the Oscars and provided a limo, himself dressed in a stylish suit? What if he knew you were headed on a family vacation and arrived with a luxury motorhome stocked with provisions, even toys for your kids? If we do our jobs correctly, we are George, not Uber. Read this: clickable text

Ansel Adams' exquisite views of Yosemite are not watermarked with "Powered by Deardorf" or "Powered by Hasselblad." Why not? Because what Adams did with his equipment was more important than the equipment itself. Adams used judgment to select the best tools for each project and then applied his unique, artistic skill and taste. GeoCV respects this. MP does not. That's what white label means.

Oops, I guess I rambled a bit. Dan, maybe you should copy part of this commentary into that post about how Matterport will be ubiquitous at Inman in Vegas next week. Our "Uber" is on the march and we're all just nameless, faceless drivers.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks for answering @Home3D.

Another question I have is that Matterport recommends not to make spaces for more than 200 scans. I have spoken with support from Matterport and they have answered the following textually: "The main conclusion is that more explorations means much more data, and with more data, a greater risk is introduced. We do not recommend trying the high number (200) of exploration points that bring you up ".

I have two doubts:
Have you made or have you seen any space of 300 or 400 scans with Matterport?
Does GeoCV recommend a maximum number of scans?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
I have recently shot a Matterport model with over 450 scans and have seen even larger ones. My largest GeoCV to date was over 250. GeoCV camera can be set to your choice of two different resolutions. If the model is particularly large, the lower resolution is recommended and is still very good quality. My 250 model was done at HD (their higher res) however and worked great. I'll be showing it off soon, as I'm still building in Pins (what MP calls Mattertags) and other extras.
Post 5 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I shot 6 tire stores and all of them had over 400 scans with no issues.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks @Home3D and @3SixtyNow for your answers.
Do you know of any link where to see some large-scale work in terms of scanning?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Here is a model of the ground floor of the Directors Guild of America building in Los Angeles. Theater 1 here was especially challenging due to the many rows of identical seats and the issues this raises for alignment:

Here is a large Matterport model of a $5M home I created, and which burned to the ground in L.A.’s Wolsey fire last fall:

Here is a fairly large home I scanned using GeoCV’s Indoor/Outdoor process. Tap the ‘tree’ icon for 3D Outdoor Mode:

I love the smooth, almost magical, transition between ‘dollhouse’ and ‘floor plan’ modes on GeoCV.
Post 8 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
The largest model I have personally seen had 1,400 points in it. The power and space on the iPad are really what matters in making very large models.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Two questions @Home3D regarding the fairly large house model you made with GeoCV.

Are the quality of the images produced by the GeoCV kit? Did you select HD quality? Or did you download them for editing and then reload them?

Did you use DroneDeploy to create the 3D model?

Regards,
Post 10 IP   flag post
A question @Jwbuckl

How much can a 500 or 1,000 scan model occupy in the Ipad memory?

Regards,
Post 11 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
@Pau If you are using a Pro(1) camera, factor 10MB per scan for memory. For a Pro2 camera on the same scan, you will use approximately 20MB. The processor in the iPad will make a big difference in your scanning ability/experience on the larger scans. Advise the fastest iPad Pro for these per the reports from the field.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
@Pau - Sorry for the slow reply. I’ve shot GeoCV with both the standard and “HD” quality. Most recent was a 12,000 sq ft home in HD which used more space, but looks stunning. I’ll be posting this soon. Actually I had intended to use standard to conserve memory but hit the wrong button!

From a casual inspection of data, an HD scan shoot requires about 9GB of memory for 100 scans. I did a 195 scan shoot which totaled 24GB. Practically speaking, you don’t save all your capture data on a GeoCV camera. You shoot and when models are done either archive or delete.

Yes, I shoot my Outdoor Mode data using DroneDeploy with my Mavic Air. Keep in mind you need more data than just the DroneDeploy grid flight - there is manual flying as well, the trickiest part.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks for the reply @Jwbuckl
I have an iPad Air 2 Pro wifi 64GB iOS 12.4
Post 14 IP   flag post
101629 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?