Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360360 CamerasBuy CameraPro3WGANTV Live at 5

Matterport Pro3 3D Camera in Development; Likely Release by 4Q/20209773

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV How Matterport Will Scale Exponentially Short Story #728 - Are 360º 1-Click Cameras a Threat or Opportunity for MSPs?

WGAN-TV Matterport Pro3 3D Camera in Development; Likely Release by 12/2020

Matterport Pro3 3D Camera in Development; Likely Release by 4Q/2020

Hi All,

Matterport is working on a Matterport Pro3 3D Camera: not imminent, said Matterport Chief Marketing Officer Chris Bell during the show. Release date may not happen until 4th quarter/2020.

When I asked Chris is 360º 1-click cameras are a threat or an opportunity to MSPs, Chris alluded to a next generation Matterport Pro camera.

In the second video (above), I ask specifically about a Matterport Pro3 3D Camera.

If you were creating the specifications for this next generation Matterport Camera, what feature set would you like included?

Best,

Dan

P.S. You can watch my entire interview with Matterport CMO Chris Bell here (as well as read a transcript of the show) here:
Transcript: WGAN-TV How Matterport will Scale Exponentially (Thursday, 11 July 2019)
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to see a superfast 1-click Matterport Pro3 camera, which works inside and outside.

Superfast with lenses similar to an Insta360Pro (for 3D 360 images).

And of course with an improved set of 1-click 3D sensors. Also suitable for exterior scans. And with a better scan radius.

And it would be nice if the Pro3 Matterport platform would integrate with additional drone images, so we can create a complete 3D dollhouse featuring an inside view and an outside view.

And from the AEC point of view I would like to see better OBJ data from the scans with less polygons and an improved set of textures.
Post 2 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to see a company providing a supportive vendor infrastructure. Spencer
Post 3 IP   flag post
Istanbul, Turkey
alirizacil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
I would like to see a superfast 1-click Matterport Pro3 camera, which works inside and outside.

Superfast with lenses similar to an Insta360Pro (for 3D 360 images).

And of course with an improved set of 1-click 3D sensors. Also suitable for exterior scans. And with a better scan radius.

And it would be nice if the Pro3 Matterport platform would integrate with additional drone images, so we can create a complete 3D dollhouse featuring an inside view and an outside view.

And from the AEC point of view I would like to see better OBJ data from the scans with less polygons and an improved set of textures.

You have just described a dream MP camera
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I personally would like to see laser scanning integrated, think BLK. This may be what they are looking at, because I saw something about looking for a developer for laser scanning on their available jobs in the past. Personally I like the fact the camera turns around, a one click does not work when you have nowhere to hide. Of course a 180 x 2 would work. (if camera turned faster, i would get better cardio)

Would be cool if you could markup as you scan, i.e. add information to a scan while scanning.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
As far as I know Matterport uses Occipital sensors for their 3D measurements. May be the push for a Pro3 comes from the fact that Occipital has had released recently their Mark2 sensor and it has better parameters than their previous version.

As for what I want to see in a Pro3 is an ability to skip collection of 3D data and a possibility to do outdoor scans that can be aligned into a tour for easy publishing to GSV. There are so many commercial jobs where using Matterport will be beneficial and they do not need any 3D data or a dollhouse view.

And I would be still sticking with a rotator design approach. Like @leonherbert has mentioned already hiding is not always an option. And sometimes even when you can hide going away from a camera to a hiding spot and coming back to it may take the same or slightly less time than waiting for a camera to go full 360 degree rotation.
Post 6 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
As Occipital is cooperating with GeoVC I do not think MP will use a occipital sensors in the next gen. Maybe the new Intel LiDAR camera L515: https://www.intelrealsense.com/lidar-camera-l515/

Post 7 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
Form factor - this should be interesting. Starting from the size, weight. No doubt it is the battery which is adding mostly to the weight. Replaceable NP batteries should be way forward to keep things tidy.

Laser must be another feature to bring in to make sure outdoor is addressed. 10ft range for alignment should be still great improvisation - BLK360 is not for everyone.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mori
As Occipital is cooperating with GeoVC I do not think MP will use a occipital sensors in the next gen. Maybe the new Intel LiDAR camera L515: https://www.intelrealsense.com/lidar-camera-l515/

I think I have mistaken GeoCV with Matterport. GeoCV is for sure using an Occipital structure sensor. You can even see this sensor in their kit. Not so sure about Matterport now after you reminded about GeoCV. There is no much information about hardware they use in Matterport cameras.

As for Intel sensor it is quite impressive with its 9m range. I think Matterport can reach 5m only.
Post 9 IP   flag post
DenisRealty private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Guys,

Just curious if anybody has an update on the release date for Pro 3 camera?
I want to jump anyway now and may be it's a good idea to start with Theta Z1 or similar which I can sell later without investing a ton in the product (current Pro 2) at the end of its life circle (it's 3 years old now)?

Really appreciate your thoughts.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?