Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CopyrightMarketingRealtor.comTips

Does Realtor.com re-use MP tours?9765

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I was browsing Realtor.com tonight and I came across a listing that I had done a MP tour of last year with a different realtor. At that time I uploaded the tour to Realtor.com. Now the home is with a new realtor(different company as well) and there is my MP tour. Is this a Realtor.com issue or a realtor issue?
Post 1 IP   flag post
BrokerBruce private msg quote post Address this user
Realtor here. I would say it is a Realtor issue. You have an agent using photography of another agent probably without his permission.
Most MLS'S have rules against that. I would first contact the broker of the violating party and see if he would direct his agent to either cease and desist or pay you for the tour in order to keep using it. If that didn't get it taken down I would approach the MLS folks and they could levy a fine for the violation.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for input. I realized he is also using all of my photos for the listing. I found one other agent in town also using my photos from a previous listing. It’s a small town and I don’t want a bad rep but I also need to protect my copyright and my income.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy - keep in mind that MP tours only exist on MP's servers. If you created the tour, you can simply go into your MP Editor and set the space to "Private". I haven't tried this, but I'll bet it will disappear from Realtor.com or visitors there will simply get a blank screen.

This is a perverse benefit of the fact that MP tours cannot be privately hosted. Send a video or your still photos to someone and they "have them" but with MP you're only sending someone, including Realtor, a link to the model which is still on MP servers and "in" your account.

Pretty easy to test this, just 'privatize' a model, check on Realtor.com by clicking the "3D View" link. If it's gone, this works. You can then just turning it back on.

I'd warn the new listing agent that the model will disappear if you're not compensated, and follow through on the warning if no response. It would also serve to demonstrate your resolve regarding payment for use of the existing photos.

On MP, the window which sends a model to Realtor.com has a "disable" button as well. Anyone know if this will "remove" an existing model from the site? You can easily test this as well.

Post 4 IP   flag post
101641 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?