Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,023 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 45 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CollaboratorsMatterport Workshop

Workspace access975

Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
We get the occasional request from clients whom we shoot several properties wanting access to workshop. The downside to this is somewhat a privacy issue. You cannot give them dedicated access without letting me see other internal private resocurces. Once a collaborator is given access they can view all other collaborators you have. In addition they can click on an individual collaborator and see:
First Name
Last name
Title
Phone
Email Address
Account Type
Upload Folder

I asked Matterport about this and they didn't seem to acknowledge this was an issue. We work for competing Real Estate companies and much of this information should be private and not made available to every collaborator in the system. They can easily harvest much of this information for there own personal gain. This seems a bit intrusive to me. Also Matterport displays their "Order Camera" on collaborators page.
We have clients on the fence considering buying a camera and going it alone - this gives them added incentive.

Anyone else see a concern with this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I agree it's a bit of a concern as well Bill.
But understanding MP business model, it is to be expected. They have investors that obviously require money paid back to them, and they need volume to do this.

There are many things I would like to see to make my business much easier. Access to workshop is one thing that should be made smoother for our clients, and hopefully this will be made possible when the next version becomes available next year.

Given the price and commitment involved with not only getting a camera, but hosting the models, it's not something the average agent should really consider. Buying a camera and doing a scan is only part of the whole thing, and a lot of them don't realise this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
I understand the marketing angle - but the privacy issue does concern me a bit more. I have to juggle and shorten names, change titles to some and they ask what I did and I try to explain others can see their info.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Bill you can give access to a folder only. Collaboration is a cumbersome implementation with some known, but not fixed issues (tactical; not privacy related).

Please PM me if you would like to test drive giving and/or getting limited access.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Hey Dan, Even though you can give access to one folder that collaborator can still click on "All Collaborators" and then click on each one individually. I'll PM you.....
Post 5 IP   flag post
101271 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?