Connecting 3D/360° Tour Buyers to Service Providers powered by
the Most In-Depth, Relevant and Up-to-Date Content for the 3D/360° Community
Join FREE! 50+ Benefits
Should I buy a Camera? Quiz How Much to Start 3D Tour Business? Calculate How Much Can I Make as a Pro? Calculate Win More Listings? Calculate
Option #1
Find a 3D Tour Photographer Map
We Get Around Network Find a Pro Service
Matterport Service Provider? Join We Get Around Network
Option #2
Book a Matterport Pro in 60 Seconds
We Get Around Network Instant Booking Service
Powered byKoaWare
Matterport Service Provider (USA)? Join KoaWare Free! Register Now
Last 30 Days: 47,053 Page Views | 12,270 Visitors | 82 New Members
WGAN Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 59,356  |  Total Topics: 9,119
5,084 WGAN Members in 128 Countries
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN Training Academy (Learn more)
WGAN-TV Live at 5
Matterport Chief Marketing Officer Chris Bell
on How Matterport will Scale Exponentially
WGAN-TV: Coming Up
Live at 5
5 pm EDT (GMT -5)
12-16 August 2019
Add to My Calendar WGAN-TV Program Schedule | Need Help? | All Videos
AdviceHosting Fees

Hosting fees - 1 client with multiple spaces9732

Vision360HD private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

I currently have a resort owner with many room types interested in my virtual tour service offering. At present, he is interested in having scanned as separate models, 9 room types.

Question:

What is your approach regarding hosting fees for clients who have multiple spaces? It seems a bit outrageous to be charging him my hosting fee x9 when people generally scan entire resorts/hotels and host it as 1 model.

He is not interested in scanning the entire resort at this time, and the 9 rooms are quite far apart, meaning it is not practical to store as 1 model.

I can't seem to come up with a practical workaround at this moment and am reaching out for some creative input.

Please advise

Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
www.2881Nostrand.com

Good luck with the project. You CAN make a single property website with WP3D. Use photo as main media and add the tours. I’ve enclosed a sample. As far as hosting fee... I’d stay away from that topic. Charge him a scan fee and include 2-3 years. The discussion of hosting fees could derail his decision to scan in the first place.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Founder
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Vision360HD

To succeed with the New Matterport Pricing - for ongoing hosting such as a hotel - start thinking about charging monthly or annually for "Hosting, Support and Maintenance" ... with a small amount upfront for shooting. In a perfect world, you would probably not charge anything for shooting, BUT, if you don't then the Client will have you out each week to refresh.

The amount in your mind for charging X for shooting and nothing for hosting probably would equal the 18 month payback of small shoot fee and monthly recurring charge for "Hosting, Support and Maintenance" ... After 18 months, it's a mini oil well for you. To help you get the business, offer to include Google Street View for X more per month and have that be a very small number per month.

Okay?

The challenge is as soon as you say includes 2-3 years, client may be asking, "then how much?"

Some Clients may prefer one amount upfront and include 2-3 years. You might give your Client a choice. Again, that upfront and includes 2-3 years should equal the monthly "hosting, Support and Maintenance" at 18 months.

Please let us know what you decide to do. And, how it works out.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
60072 3 3
destitute