Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdvicebugProblemsScanningTripod

Tripod Legs or "cockroaches" ???9661

Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Has any seen this before? A client just sent me these pictures. The email read what are these cockroaches on the floor? Nearly fell off my chair laughing.

I have checked previous tours I have done and nowhere tripod "feet" are showing. I have a Manfrotto 190X and checked the legs and the spirit level also shows its plumb. So the legs are not bent or overextended. I use a standard height for hotels and never seen this in any of my tours. Just finished a complete school (83,000 sqft) and have zero cockroaches in the tour.

What to tell the client? As we can't edit the panos / scans. So options are going back and just reshoot those scans in the tours. Tell the client that when people are "walk-in" through a tour they don't look down, maybe if they are floor inspectors or have a floor tile fetish. Or go and reshoot all 12 tours? Already doing the tours at cost so it is not business sense to go and reshoot them. Yes will get 23 others to go and do for them. But need a fix now.

Would love to hear your feedback and if anyone has run into this problem before?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
Do they show up on the preview scans? Never had that happen but then again i always shoot on a dolly so the legs can never spread that far. I did mount my Ipad to the tripod on one big job so i would not have to carry it. Luckily about 10 scans in i checked a preview scan and could see the tip of it so i had to go back and redo them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard

Would the client like a free upgrade to Google Street View? You could then moderate the tour and Photoshop out ...

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't waste my time trying to apologize. Take a look at some of your portfolios or examples on your website. Hopefully, you will see tripod feet in one of them you can reference. Then explain it is something you cannot edit out of the tour.

If you get more resistance, mention most clients use the tour to navigate the property and inspect when they arrive in person. Took 12 tours to find a flaw? Sounds like a search for discount or a minion not doing their job who needs to point attention away from what they are doing day to day.

Fishy, unless we're talking a 5 star property here. - Good Luck.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101421 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?