Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaGoogle MapsGoogle Street ViewGSVPano2VR

GSV: Panos dumped by Google somewhere in the ocean9660

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It is a weird issue. Google is currently dumping some panoramas into some ocean instead of placing them on Google Maps where they belong. I submitted about 31 of them to Google Maps on the last Saturday. All were done in some local park as a single tour linked.

All of them went to the map in that park but some when you click on them on the map or walk to them from a previous pano jump to some place located in some ocean.

Also I can see there are a lot of them from other photographers so it is not just me affected. I uploaded them there through Pano2VR. Tried to delete and reupload them again, tried to move them a bit on the map and update. Nothing helped.

here is a link to the one sitting in that dump ocean place.

https://goo.gl/maps/PXSaGRdhkBbgnk9j8

If you zoom the small map you will see 100s of them sitting there.

BTW, google did not count them towards my score. I am not sure what the reason is. May be Google have a glitch or something and it affects my score and placing them correctly.

Here is the one where the tour starts.
https://goo.gl/maps/oQxvLMGgUYzHSUWB8

You can walk to the forth one from the first point and then it stops because the forth one jumps to that dump place on the map. If you find the next good one after the forth you can keep walking until you hit another one dumped there. It is 5-6 of them in the wrong place out of 31.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
3D Vista recently posted an announcement mentioning GSV had a glitch on their end when posting Panorama’s with no ability to update until Google makes a fix.

So you’re your story doesn’t sound far fetched at all.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
They still have not fixed it. I just deleted all panos from that tour, corrected each pano location and uploaded to google again. Nothing has changed.

Even though all panos were deleted from my account( I could see it under my account in Google) and then appeared there after re-submitting the tour path shown on Google Maps is wrong(seems to be taken from the deleted tour), some panos are shown as pitch black and some have been placed in some ocean.

And there is still a lot of panos in the ocean from other photographers. I can these their 360 icons there but I cannot jump into anyone of them.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have just checked my tour and it has been fixed. And the links between each pano also work so one can walk it from the start to the finish.

What does not work properly is 360 icons for panos. Some of them are missing on google maps. Also still no score has been given to my account for these 31 pano tour.
However I managed to do 2 reviews yesterday and I reached 7 level for local guides. Now it is a long road for me to the level 8 and even much much longer to 9 or 10.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101740 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?