Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

Marketing Tip: Sell the problem you solve: not your services offered9629

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! This is revelation-style common sense at it’s best. What the heck do I know (or care) about Spanx, but this is one of the best, most insightful suggestions I have heard in years! Thx very much for sharing.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It is a good idea but with one "but". How do you know what problems is business running into? I would not expect them to be that honest when you walk into some business and ask an owner "what are your problems with running this business?" :-)
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Wingman From that perspective, agreed. My take-away was that, rather than me merely displaying a menu of standard services and requiring them to fit my mold, I should carefully & thoughtfully probe as to how I can can use my expertise to fit theirs.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I am using some advantage if there is a new cafe or child care opening in my area. We already have plenty of these businesses around. Actually a lot of them. It is much easier as all these new places spend a lot of money on flyers or placing their signs at roundabouts.
However it only works for me when I can reach an owner. Tried it with a new child care but hit a stubborn receptionist who did not want to give me the owner contact details or let me speak with them. She was insisting on leaving mine. I left them but there is no chance they will call me as their receptionist did not really listen what I was talking about.

It was better with a new cafe close to me. They dropped a flyer in my letterbox about them opening, I called them, got one of the owners on the phone and we agreed to meet in a few hours. They(there were two owners on a spot) actually listened and I played "you are a new place here and as a local I know there is plenty of places to eat around. It would take me some time to visit your place as I am quite happy with those I am used to come". Then started complimenting on their interior(it was actually great and it was true) and explained how Google Maps can help them to promote their new business and how locals can view it without coming. They did not say "no", I could see that they were very interested and I just gave them some time to think about it. I am going to visit them again and follow up.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Wingman Thanks much for the info. I am new to this biz, so this insider’s viewpoint is priceless!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Please do not think I am an expert in sales. I used to do an online sales driven business(personal and business sign laser cutting) and I am still supporting it for my regular customers. But it was working from the beginning almost with no expense for advertising because I was selling from ebay. Opened a website in a few years later and did good SEO for it. The website still gets some sales from it and visitors are coming from Google search. Not many, maybe 30-50 a week but that's ok.

However Matterport and all 360 stuff is very different. Very few people are looking for it in Australia. This is not a guess as I can see all search numbers using google keywords planner tools for adwords. The whole thing that you need to find a client who might be interested and then convince them with facts that they need it makes it all very hard to sell.

It seems I have done a good SEO for my new Matterport business website again.

If you google for Matterport Brisbane I will see me being the first on Google. I am starting to get some calls and emails. Only gumtree and paid google ads can push me a bit down in search. However Gumtree has my adv about Matterport so it is not a big deal. The most contacts I am getting now are from google search They have come from people who knows what Matterport is, some even real estate agents who are using Matterport cameras. They are all not in a state where I am and asking me to scan their clients properties in Brisbane since they cannot do it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?