Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Anyone self hosting a GEOcv Model?9622

Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
It's my understanding that GEOcv allows their models to be hosted on your own website (please correct me if I am wrong). If anyone is hosting a GEOcv model on their own website showing their own URL on the tour, would you mind sharing it here so we call all see that "the proof in the pudding?"

I think that the uncertainty of MSP's cost of doing business with with Matterport will drive people to GEOcv's platform. Because pricing with Matterport can change on a dime, it can and has totally screwed up many MSP's business plans/models.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
You think ONLY Matterport can raise prices? Any company can do that. GEOCV may or may not exist in a short while due to the lawsuits... I hope for a good outcome...
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometakes
It's my understanding that GEOcv allows their models to be hosted on your own website (please correct me if I am wrong). If anyone is hosting a GEOcv model on their own website showing their own URL on the tour, would you mind sharing it here so we call all see that "the proof in the pudding?"

I think that the uncertainty of MSP's cost of doing business with with Matterport will drive people to GEOcv's platform. Because pricing with Matterport can change on a dime, it can and has totally screwed up many MSP's business plans/models.

I would recommend to hold on with GeoCV. Just look at what is Matterport doing by not sticking with their original and published plans. They have changed them the way they want even without giving too much(if at all) notice or letting providers to point to all their mistakes in them.

Now imagine what GeoCV can do considering they have not even published their prices. They can just follow Matterport and raise their prices.

At least they have much more important features implemented such as adding the name of their technology service provider so they will still attract some customers even if they raise their prices.

Also please re-read my original thread you have replied just recently. I have made a discovery for Matterport new Free/Starter plans that I could not see before.

If you utilise them the way Matterport describing them it all looks much better(may be even we can call it perfect) with these two plans.

There will be a small $20 increase in subscription fee per month to their basic plan comparing to new Professional. However you can still fit with their 25 active models Professional plan using Free/Starter plans as an addition and stop paying them even a cent for each space processing over your limit in old Basic plan. Because all new plans come with unlimited spaces processing count.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@3dVuz, it would be suicide for GEOcv to raise prices beyond what they charge. However, at least with their allowing self hosting it doesn't kill you on anything you have shot in the past. Although I dont don't shoot commercial stuff where the client wants their tours active pretty much forever, I can appreciate that those that do would benefit from the certainty that it's not going to cost them more money for tours already shot.

Anyway, back to my original question, is there anyone self hosting a GEOcv Model?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Istanbul, Turkey
alirizacil private msg quote post Address this user
following...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@alirizacil. what do you mean by 'following'?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Istanbul, Turkey
alirizacil private msg quote post Address this user
following the subject I am slo interested in seeing some examples...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
oh, Gotcha! I am wondering why anyone hasn't asked to see this in action seeing as it was such a big deal because most of us MSP's complained about being forced to host with Matterport. Maybe Anton can point us toward someone he knows thats hosting one of a GEOcv produced tour.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
i'm curious too. GEOcv doesn't look really ready yet?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
Is the fact that because no one has posted an answer that no one is self hosting yet? I would find that strange if that’s the case as this was a big thing that as MSP’s wanted to be able to host their own tours.

Can we get a count as to how many on the forum own a GEOcv set up?
Post 10 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
AntonYakubenko private msg quote post Address this user
GeoCV customers who use self-hosting usually use white labeling as well, and thus usually prefer not to publicize that they are using GeoCV solution at all. We respect their privacy and do not share their examples for our marketing purposes without their consent.

Moreover, the absolute majority of GeoCV customers are actually not WGAN Forum users.

Finally, we don't publicly disclose number of our customers. We're more than happy with the volume of interest we've received for our beta.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
Hi Anton,

thanks for chiming in..... :-) I would not expect you to reveal your sales numbers here. I do have a question regarding your comments on the majority of your customers not being on this forum given that this is the largest forum in the world for 3D Tour providers. Why would this be the case? Surely your biggest market to go after is right here in this forum, no?
Post 12 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
AntonYakubenko private msg quote post Address this user
The WGAN Forum is a great place, and we're happy to engage with virtual tours providers from all over the world here. But the opportunities for solutions like ours are so huge, that only a fraction of individuals and companies interested in 3D tours are present on the forum. Dan knows better, but I believe that the forum is mostly visited by service providers, mostly in residential real estate, with many exceptions of course. There is handful of users actively posting, but the majority are just reading. And many service providers and real estate photographers are not here yet, while they are using or consider using 3D tours for their business. This is definitely the major direction for us, but not the only one. One can rarely meet a representative of a large property management, hospitality, retail or industrial company here, which might be interested in capturing their spaces in 3D for purposes beyond marketing, and those customers and their tours might not ever be seen by the mass public eye.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101736 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?