Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CollaboratorsHostingMarketingPricing

How would you reply to this Matterport Pricing question?9528

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A WGAN Member writes...

How would you reply?

Best,

Dan
—-

Hi Dan,

I wanted to ask you what you typically charge a client for a “duplicate” 3D model/tour that they can then edit as a collaborator to create a new showcase/tour for their new use case(s).

For example, I created the initial interactive tour they are now using to help tell their ...business story.

They also want to have a new and different “sales tour” for their sales staff to use and another “facilities tour” for their facility managers.

All I will be doing is providing them with duplicate models that they, as collaborators, can add Mattertag content to or hide 3D scans to modify/restrict navigable areas.

...the total area captured for the client below was a single floor 70K space.

[redacted]
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

Does this additional info affect your thinking?

Dan

---

I asked the WGAN Member these follow-up questions:

✓ Do you charge this client a monthly or annual fee for hosting the model that you shot for them?
✓ Is this a client that might do a testimonial video for you?

Here's what I heard back ...

---

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick post & reply!

I’m charging them a [redacted]/month collaborator hosting fee that they have elected to pay as a [reacted]/year annual payment.

They are a good client who would do a video testimonial for me.

There is actual value to the client in having separate tours created for their different use cases. And even though there may be a minimum time/production cost on our end, I’m struggling with how much could/should be charged for the 3D model/showcase “foundation.” The closest analogy I could think of is Microsoft Windows software that would be charge per seat — even though it was basically Microsoft duplicating their profits per user.

I know I can’t duplicate the thousands of dollars cost for a duplicate model, but I could break it down and charge an additional monthly fee that resembles the subscription models most software has evolved to in order to capture a reoccurring revenue stream.

Just looking for your thoughts & ideas that center around what you would do in my shoes.

Thanks Dan,

[redacted]
Post 2 IP   flag post
101274 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?