Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 CamerasInsta360 Pro 2Ricoh Theta VRicoh Theta Z1Versus

Video: How to use Ricoh Theta Stitcher+ Adobe Lightroom with Ricoh Theta Z19486

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Ricoh Theta Stitcher & Lightroom Tutorial: Get Maximum Quality from your Theta Z1 | Video courtesy of The 360 Guy YouTube Channel (31 May 2019)

Hi All,

If you (just) got a Ricoh Theta Z1 – or are thinking about buying one – this video from 360º 1-Click Camera Subject Matter Expect The 360 Guy (Daniel) will likely be helpful.

The 360 Guy shows the workflow to get the best results from Adobe Lightroom + the Ricoh Theta Stitcher Plugin + the Ricoh Theta Z1 DNG RAW mode files will likely be helpful.

Have you tried this workflow yet? What are your thoughts versus automatic mode?

WGAN Forum discussions tagged:

Ricoh Theta V
Versus
(Insta360 One X, Ricoh Theta V)

Best,

Dan

P.S. Here are Amazon shopping links for the Ricoh Theta Z1 and accessories ...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
I would rather just shoot with a DSLR and stitch in PTGui. Much easier, quicker and better looking. The point of a one shot camera is doing one shot.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonvanzweel
I would rather just shoot with a DSLR and stitch in PTGui. Much easier, quicker and better looking. The point of a one shot camera is doing one shot.

Totally agree. Whoever offers to stitch 360 manually does not seem to be doing many panos or just doing them for fun. The last Thursday I was doing a commercial project and did 330 panos outdoor with Theta V. It took me about 5 hours to shoot them and about 7 hours just to place them in correct spots with Pano2VR Pro(thanks Ricoh for bad GPS data with errors up to 50-70 meters).

I could not even imagine how much time would it take me for stitching all 330 panoramas.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
The quality of a one-shot spherical camera will always remain built in. Poor contrast and parallax error. To improve on the parallax error a two lens solution is used to minimize the nodal point offset, but it exacerbates the lighting contrast. Using a four or multi-lens solution improves the lighting contrast but exacerbates the nodal point offset. The main advantage of one-shot cameras is the speed and ease of use. One just has to compromise on parallax error and poor image quality.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101636 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?