Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business PlanMarketingNewbiesStrategy

Going up against a "3D Tour Provider"948

Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
I need your input please. I came across this "3D tour" supplier

http://wetu.com/iBrochure/en/VirtualTours/5793/One%26Only_Cape_Town

https://plus.google.com/+PhotosofafricaGoogleTrustedPhotographer/about

I have seen them doing a lot of work in my country, Lodges, hotels etc.What is nice that they capture outside spaces. How would I approach future business with these type off service providers? What sets us apart?

There is a very large Hotel group that I want to go and pitch ( 150+ hotels )

I would love to here what you guys think of the product they are offering.
Post 1 IP   flag post
tydowning private msg quote post Address this user
Google Street View Trusted cannot shoot homes, only businesses. Our agency does both!
Post 2 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
The matterport experience is much better, giving you a feel of experiencing a space rather than jamming a bunch of qtvrs together.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with both of you. But the Matteport is superior to the google view. And we have established that in past threads.

But I think that we must not sell the steak, but rather sell the sizzle.

My focus for now is just Matterport. And I would really like to land the contract.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Noel private msg quote post Address this user
I am not sure how this Google photographer is publishing images with people's faces visible? When Google has such strict privacy conditions.
Also the Matterport Camera is way more superior to use, than an 8mm fisheye.
Post 5 IP   flag post
tydowning private msg quote post Address this user
I think if you are selling to hotels, the "Mattertags" will be a huge selling point (When they come). You have to remember however that Google 360 tours get indexed into the search engines, and appear in their Google My Business knowledge bar in a search, not to mention Google's hotel search features, so I honestly think you need to sell to hotels with a different strategy, most hotels need and want the search engine features.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I think that Matterport tours are superior to Google Streetview tours ... and that the experience is ... but I don't think that the Matterport Camera is more superior to use than a fisheye... my panoramic tours are way higher quality than my Matterports and I've seen Google Streetviews vs. Matterports and Google Streetview kills it in quality esp if the photographer did a good job. However, Google Streetview is a pain in the rear end. The interface is not very friendly and providing panoramas for it is tedious to the point of it not being a viable option. I'd say it's cost prohibitive too.

That's why I dumped higher quality panoramic tours for Matterport It's a superior experience for me
Post 7 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
But can Google StreetView (or any other 360 tour) do this?

Hint: this is the "sizzle"
Post 8 IP   flag post
101426 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?