Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansGeoCVMP2EmbedNewbiesVersusWP3D Models

Newbie asks about buying: Matterport versus GeoCV9451

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I received this email (below) today (29 May 2019) from a new WGAN Member (and my reply - also below).

Dan

----

Hi Dan,

I've recently signed up for the free version of We Get Around.

First, let me just say, THANK YOU!! This is exactly what I needed. I've been researching Matterport for a while now and then recently found GeoCV thanks to WGAN. But now that I've started researching more I feel like I go back and forth. One minute I've decided on MP the next minute I go to GeoCV. It's almost like to bickering parents...hahaha I'm so new I don't even have a website yet, which is a good thing since I recently found (in here) the WP3 option. But when I think about getting started on a firm foundation, I'm at a loss. I don't want to limit myself to real estate. I'm thinking hospitality, design and affiliate marketing. Which leads me to three important questions:

1. Which company? And why?

2. Help me understand why the pricing model is closing down businesses. Are their margins that tight?

3. Any suggestions on using affiliate software for the tags/pins that I can place in the scans?

Respectfully,

[redacted]

----

Hello [redacted],

Thank you for joining the WGAN Forum and for reaching out.

Ha! Your question is like asking me:

Canon or Nikon?
Mac or PC?
iOS or Android?

About "1. Which company? And why?" is really about you and your needs. If you would like to share more about you and your needs, the WGAN Forum Community may be able to help you decide.

About "2. Help me understand why the pricing model is closing down businesses. Are their margins that tight?" Matterport Pros have not typically charged (much) for hosting.

With whichever platform you decide on, I would encourage you to charge a shoot fee AND Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) or Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR). I talk a lot about pricing and Recurring Revenue in my pricing videos. (Tip: Join as a WGAN Fan Club Member for an All Access Pass If you are shooting residential real estate,

I would either include the first six months free hosting or until the house sells. Some include the fist three months or the first 12 months. The important thing is to manage expectations about "how much" after X months. Ideally, you have an automatic debit system in place to charge the upfront and automatically charge the recurring amount, if they do not cancel. (That's just me. There are likely a zillion opinions on this.

Since you are just starting out, if you go with Matterport, you don't have the challenge of a business plan that was based on nearly all revenue for shooting fee. You'll be fine with Matterport New Pricing as long as your business model aligns with Matterport (charging Recurring Revenue for hosting). Even if you go with a platform that is unlimited hosting, I would still charge MRR or ARR for "Hosting, Maintenance and Support" ...

About "3. Any suggestions on using affiliate software for the tags/pins that I can place in the scans?"

WP3D Models works great with Matterport, GeoCV or any other platform that can generate iFrame.

MPEmbed only works with Matterport. GeoCV does have its own tags/pins.

Matterport works with CAPTUR3D (an amazing Swiss Army knife platform). GeoCV does not. There is a lot to be said about starting out using Matterport with CAPTUR3D.

All WGAN Forum discussions tagged:

GeoCV
CAPTUR3D
WP3D Models WordPress Plugin
MPEmbed

I encourage you to post your questions in the WGAN Forum to help you with your decision.

Perhaps some WGAN Members will weigh-in here ...

Best,

Dan

P.S. If you buy a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera (details) or GeoCV Kit (details) you can receive the first 12 months free WGAN Basic Membership. Both offers are from WGAN: not Matterport or GeoCV.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Odiejo private msg quote post Address this user
One more question to add to this... Are all of the benefits of joining good just for the first 12 months and then reverts to rack pricing? The ROI Calculator states 12 months... after that 12 months do the revert to a rack price?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Odiejo

The WGAN ROI Calculator - on this page - is Standard Membership. (www.JoinStandard.com)

The first 12 months free offer is for WGAN Basic Membership (www.JoinBasic.info)

You can cancel either at anytime, though there is no refund for unused portion.

For clarification, if you take advantage of the first 12 months WGAN Basic Members, in month 13, it goes from free to this amount. You receive Membership benefits as long as you have the Membership in place.

Does that help answer your question?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101641 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?