Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AutoGenerated VideosBathroomQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day>Why are you NOT using Matterport auto-generated Videos?9430

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Sunday, 26 May 2019:

Why are you NOT using Matterport auto-generated Videos?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
M_Wasserman private msg quote post Address this user
Because they suck, I scanned a beautiful restaurant and what did the video highlight, the basement, started and ended in the basement. WTF? most of the videos they have generated have picked the worst locations to start and end, I had one that started in the kitchen and ended in the bathroom, yep, the bathroom.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
It would be SO SIMPLE for Matterport to make these useful, but so far they haven't been. MP should (are you listening / reading this??) let the models render, and then when the creator logs into My.Matterport, a pop-up should appear requesting that the administrator select one view in one room to become the CENTER of the pan which is featured in the animated GIF and videos. Pick this view, click a "SUBMIT" button and then the MP system would generate the teaser clips.

So easy.

Instead, MP generates them using some inanely stupid algorithm which, like in this case, features the laundry room of a $5 million estate. I sure hope it's an algorithm because if it's a human, it's criminal. And there's no "redo" to get better, as far as I'm aware.

Here is the home, in case you'd like to explore beyond the laundry:
http://5207SaddleCreek.com
Post 3 IP   flag post
Maxdemartino private msg quote post Address this user
As everyone wrote before me, the algorithm just don't work. It could be so easy for them to ask us for two view to use in it.
I just scanned a huge fair booth ant the videos look on the external side of it :-/
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I use them as click baits on Facebook and Twitter. To me, that's all they were intended for. Short videos like these on social media cam be great for SEO. They grab peoples attention when scrolling thru Facebook and they want to see more. I always have a link to the wp3d model in the description so they can see everything I did for that home or business.

Altho I agree Matterport could make them better...but for free, I'll take them and use them all day.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@rzphotoman ok, it's free, but if I produce this tour

and the video that I receive is "looking out" of the tour, it's completely useless. Look at it here: clickable text
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@Maxdemartino Like I said, for me, I just use them for click bait on social media. For that purpose, it works great. If I saw that playing on Facebook I would want to see more and click on the link. The GIF file plays on a continuous loop...very eye catching.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
@Maxdemartino Like I said, for me, I just use them for click bait on social media. For that purpose, it works great. If I saw that playing on Facebook I would want to see more and click on the link. The GIF file plays on a continuous loop...very eye catching.

It can be also catchy but if the tour show wrong places it’s useless. Take a look to what we published up here.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Teaser video created with the Nodalview platform by We Get Around Atlanta Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod

Nodalview 360º Tour created by We Get Around Atlanta Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod

Hi All,

I (just) created a teaser video with the Nodalview platform.

It is super-easy and super-fast to do this.

Matterport should study how Nodalview does this (I believe they use a third-party video creation platform to do this).

As a photographer, I would prefer to:

1. Set the 360ºs used in the video
2. Set the start and end point
3. Set the amount of time for the rotation
4. Add music
5. Add my logo and a line or two of text
6. Output with and without logos

By doing the above, Matterport would enable us to have a predictable, successful teaser video that we could easily sell for $49 (may be even $99 or $149).

If Matterport used AI to generate the dollhouse transitions, that would be cool.

For clarification, imagine that I select the end point of a 360º and the beginning of the next 360º – but, specified that I would like a dollhouse transition – that would awesome.

Your thoughts?

Would you like the above workflow?

Would you be able to make more money with this predictable video?

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?