Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CollaboratorsGmailHow toTi

Email tip for Gmail...9416

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
My wife just subscribed to the new professional plan from Matterport and we'll see what it's like to do our uploads there and then transfer to my hosting account.

We ran into difficulties though, because Matterport wouldn't accept her email address as a new account because her email was also being used as a collaborator for mine. I found that kind of ridiculous... but whatever.

Fortunately, she uses gmail and so we just utilized the following trick and got her email address accepted by adding "+1" to it:

"DID YOU KNOW... You have a million Gmail addresses in one!

Gmail has a huge secret. You can append a “+” (plus) sign and then add any combination of words or numbers after your email address and before the “@gmail.com.” You will still get all the emails sent to those email addresses in your single Gmail account! For example, sending an email to janesmith+lovestacos@gmail.com will go to jamesmith@gmail.com. So will janesmith+123mainstreet@gmail.com. Also, you can insert a “.” (dot) anywhere into your email address before the “@gmail.com” and you will still receive all the email: jane.smith@gmail.com will go to janesmith@gmail.com. Why is this valuable? For a couple of reasons. First, even though Gmail has probably the most intuitive Spam filtering system available, when using your email address for subscriptions, you could code your email address for each subscription and see who is selling your email address by using these attributes. That may help you decide which service you may want to “unsubscribe” and avoid subscribing to in the future. Second, Gmail allows you to automatically filter incoming emails and send them to specific Labels (folders). This would let you sort your email automatically." [ORIGINAL SOURCE]
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
Seattle
kjoman private msg quote post Address this user
Love it!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Brilliant. I never knew! Thank you.

Truly helpful instructive members. Yet another reason we should all be grateful for Dan Smigrod's creation of WGAN and his nurturing of an attitude of support for one another.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

it!

Thanks SO much for sharing this AMAZING tip.

(That Matterport Collaborator issue has been on the WGAN Forum Member "wish list" for near five years!)

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
rhondav private msg quote post Address this user
Newbie here - is this how you would set up separate accounts through the new billing system?

Thank you
Rhonda
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
The "+" sign even it is technically allowed won't be accepted by some email software. In fact I have written a lot(100s) of reg expressions for validating emails and we have never considered the "+" to be a part of email. And never seen any customer with the "+" in any email.

Also sending email to john+smith@gmail.com won't be delivered to john.smith@gmail.com I have just checked it with my email and got a bounced back email.

johnsmith@gmail.com has been delivered to john.smith@gmail.com though. It may be just a gmail thing(when you send from one gmail to another) as often an email or part before the @ is often used as a login(username) on some corporate Windows networks and for a system "johnsmith" and "john.smith" cannot the same. If it was it would be a huge security hole.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
All I know if that for Matterport it works with a gmail account. Johnsmith@gmail.com and john smith+1@gmail.com will be recognized as separate Matterport accounts but will both go to same email account.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Still not sure what you mean but back to your original post with your wife's email not accepted by Matterport as she has been registered as a collaborator.

You can simply use email aliases for your wife's collaborator email to open a new account for her. Aliases are just dummy email addresses that simply redirect all mail to your main email account. They are also good for publishing them on your website as a contact email. If you put your real email on your website it will be picked up by email scramblers quite fast and it will be used later to send spam to.

If you put your alias email instead you can dump it and create a new alias for your website email and enjoy some time spam free.
This way you are only killing aliases because they start receiving a lot of spam. However you can keep your main email clean from it never letting any unknown person to know what your actual email is.

Once you dump your alias(delete it) you stop getting spam completelly.

I do not know if free Gmail allows using alias but G-Suite does

https://support.google.com/a/answer/33327?hl=en
Post 8 IP   flag post
101269 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?