Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Zillow 3D Home

Is anyone impressed by the Zillow 3D Tour?9390

eggardner private msg quote post Address this user
I honestly can't say I am. Hopefully the end quality will improve, but it's not a patch on Matterport.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Impressed By:
Jobs received to shoot Zillow 3D
Simplicity of App to use
Speed to shoot
No hosting costs to manage or pass on
Number views given with new layout
feature to upsell to clients
Alternative to Matterport and still offer 360 with photos

Not Impressed By:
Wait time for Navigation arrows to take hold
Image Quality
Lack of MLS Unbranded Link
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@eggardner

Same here - not impressed by the actual product, and have noticed the same shortcomings as VTLV. I don't see it replacing Matterport, but rather expands what I can offer agents who probably wouldn't choose Matterport anyway.

If it does boost the visibility of the listing on Zillow, then it is a value add for my clients.

Keith
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: How to Make Money with Zillow 3D Home with with Zillow 3D Home with Zillow Sr. Director, Product Development, 3D & Computer Vision Josh Weisberg and Zillow Senior Development Manager, Mitch Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by @VTLV
Not Impressed By:
Lack of MLS Unbranded Link

From WGAN-TV Live at 5 (above video): [Transcript]

"- ... In case you're gonna ask me about MLS branding, when we launched two weeks ago, we did not have the unbranded version for MLS, and we got that feedback from agents, and we're happy to announce that we actually, last week, shipped an update where you can have an embed link that does not have any branding on it, so you can use that in the MLS field."

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistrydoc
If it does boost the visibility of the listing on Zillow, then it is a value add for my clients.

From WGAN-tV Life at 5 (above video) [Transcript]

"- The answer is yes. We do provide about a seven-day boost for adding a tour. There is, of course, we have sophisticated personalization algorithms that try to match different homes to a buyer, so you should definitely see a boost in the rankings, but the personalization algorithms take precedence over those, so it may not always wind up at the top, but you will get that boost."

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggardner
I honestly can't say I am. Hopefully the end quality will improve, but it's not a patch on Matterport.

If the quality is "good enough" for a Client to win more and bigger listings, isn't that good enough for you to pitch "we can help you win more and bigger premium listings" with the Zillow 3D Home Add On?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
@DanSmigrod

Exactly how I look at it. Requires 10-15 minutes longer on site, but provides oh so much good will with a client.

I'm going to use it as a give-a-way in an upcoming email marketing program - book a shoot with us, get a Zillow 3D.....with no processing costs and using a camera I already own, it's a no-brainer.

KF
Post 7 IP   flag post
Perhaps I am doing something wrong, because the quality that I've seen on mine hasn't been good so far. We've given the ones we've done away for free so far, and I've been far from impressed. I couldn't charge for what I've seen so far.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Chemistrydoc - have you actually seen it boost the Zillow rankings? I was searching for that yesterday but couldn't see anything that show it was showing up in more searches.

You can see a home I shot the other day here -

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12948-Broomfield-Ln-Fort-Myers-FL-33913/124832535_zpid/?

Like I said, and the fact that everyone here seems to be impressed for the most part, maybe we are doing something wrong when we record it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
@eggardner

Anecdotally, yes. I did one for a junior agent at a large agency, who was so excited to see her listing appear higher than she would have expected. That could simply be confirmation bias, but she seemed to think it helped.

Zillow claims that it does, and I don't have any reason to doubt them (yet).

KF
Post 10 IP   flag post
I’m actually hoping that I am doing something wrong, as I’d prefer to offer these as standard as opposed to Matterport. Maybe I’ll reach out to Zillow to see if they can give us some pointers to improve these.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
@eggardner - Your 3D appears to be working well for # of views. Unfortunately, the phone on a spinner part sucks time out of the job and gives stitching errors. Mention the Zillow 3D when you get an order as an upsell and offer it again at the shoot if they didn't bite prior.

The 3D listing is doing well over the other listings in the neighborhood. Sell the stats to the agent.

12948-Broomfield-Ln - 1,027 Views

12956-Broomfield-Ln - 659 Views

10824-Essex-Square-Blvd - 348 Views

10724-Essex-Square-Blvd - 155 views.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Impressed:
• That Zillow is pushing to make more people aware of walkthrough tours
• Machine-vision powered system for making connections between nodes. Works on majority of nodes.
• Navigation buttons are easy to set and use.

Not Impressed:
• Image quality is so-so
• Only Ricoh Theta cameras work. Insta 360 should be activated.
• No Persistent credit for photographers/creators (this is a deal-breaker for me)
• No ability to substitute better walkthroughs such as NodalView, GeoCV or Matterport. This should be prioritized, just as a "professional" video can be linked to the "Video" display otherwise used by "Zillow Videos" shot on their app.
• a measly 7-day search rank bump awarded for using it. Two years ago when Zillow Videos were first launched, using one boosted a listing for many weeks. 7 days is insufficient reward for using a second-rate imaging system. I and my clients are unimpressed.
• No ability to improve panos (NodalView offers this)
• No ability to incorporate aerial panos (NodalView offers this)
• Ricoh Theta still has weak connectivity issues to iPhone / iPad which wastes shooting time.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@VTLV - thanks for checking that! Actually the stats alone make it worthwhile. So does the Theta 360 give better results than the iPhone X in terms of quality, do you know?
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Home3D - thanks very much for your input. I do love the ideas that you have for improvement. I hope Zillow are listening/reading.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
@eggardner - Glad you are able to see some room to be impressed still. I personally do not have an Iphone X, so I am not sure about clarity. I can tell you that the stitching program using phones in Zillow can give stitching errors in just about every tour.

I use a theta V and have learned that home designs, windows and time of day have a lot to do with the lighting and our ability to great a picture. We can't control the pink dot when we get sun glare, but I'm told the Theta Z does not pick up the red dot. I'm sorry, I haven't made time to compare the image quality of the iphone X vs Theta V or Z. Not sure if it pertains to what is controlled in the Zillow App.

We control what we can where some scans come out great and others end up with some grain with no editing to fall back on. This is where I back off the quality of the tours and push for # of views to agents.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101636 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?