Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseBusiness PlanHighlights ReelWalkThrough

Are your Highlight Reels going Bye Bye?9388

WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
June 1st, 2019 Highlight reels will have to come off of Showcase 3. How are your Highlight reels doing?

Are you going to let them go?
Are you looking at a cram session to put up new ones?
Do you hope Matterport stalls the conversion?

One more reason for me to fade out Matterport from my business.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV

Yikes! This is news to me. Please clarify.

Does Matterport Showcase 3.0 not support Highlights Reels or Highlights Reels need to be created in Workshop 3.0? And, legacy Highlight Reels do not seamlessly migrate forward?

Any Matterport link to refer us to?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
I hope not! Didn’t see anything about this either. 🥺
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@June

@VTLV is probably busy shooting today. Hopefully, we'll hear back by the end of the day.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
There was an announcement earlier this year about Showcase 2.0 going away about the time Ricoh and Insta 360 were being introduced to the platform. The story got buried with new cameras being introduced, MSP's being charged for taxes and our "FREE" models being charged when they went over 100 scans instead of being "FREE" when we paid for a Monthly allotment.

One of the Facebook live videos addressed Showcase 2.0 going away and our Highlight Reels that existed on 2.0 will not transfer over on the new platform. We were encouraged to make new Highlights on 3.0 so we would not have to make Highlights again in the future.

Perhaps someone could address the question tomorrow on the Facebook Live video to see if this is still the case. WE have had a lot of changes happening with Matterport. Too much drama for my lifestyle. Feels like High School all over again with no propaganda to reference at the moment.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
You are currently able to switch your models between the classic and new Showcase, and highlight reels created with legacy workshop still work both with classic and new Showcase, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t exist after they automatically move everything over to the new.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
This is a good question to bring back up on Facebook live Tomorrow. See if I can set my alarm.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
"June 1st deadline will not happen. Everything stays the same." - FB Live today.

No reason to scramble at the moment.
Post 8 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you all for the feedback and helping to make Showcase 3 better. We would like to inform you that Showcase 2 availability was extended until September 1st, 2019 and Workshop 2 availability was extended until July 1st, 2019. Showcase 3 will be enabled on your new and ongoing Spaces starting July 1st, please continue converting your existing Spaces to Showcase 3 prior the September 1st date.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Jwbuckl What do you mean by converting spaces? I thought that was to happen automatically. What action is required on our part?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like they are saying we need to redo all of our tours!!!! I sure hope NOT!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
@Jwbuckl - Thank you for chiming in on this one knowing what needs to happen from the inside.

So to clarify: All of our previous models with Highlight Reels not made in Showcase 3 need to be remade if we wish not to loose them by September 1st?

Anything else need to be updated such as:

Retake picture captures for an Image Library for still Images & Panoramic Photos?
Would we need to remake Mattertags?
Would disabled Scans spots need updating?
Labels need to be relabeled?
Would new measurments need to be taken if needed?
Would we need to remake a start location in order to preserve the correct start location for our clients?

Anything else I could be missing we would need to update?
Post 12 IP   flag post
San Francisco
@Queen_City_3D @June @VTLV

I do not officially speak for customer support but my investigation into this matter for you is this:

- the migration issue from SC 2 to SC 3 is isolated to models with guided tours (highlight reels)
- SC 3 panning after migration may be different than how you set it up in SC 2. In other words, it pans right when it used to pan left.
- this will not affect every model but it is a good practice to check and make sure all panning for those models with guided tours are as you intended after migration
- nothing else should be affected with the migration beyond this guided tour issue as I am told
- per the above post, you have until September 1 now to complete this process, not June 1
- official release notes and communications pending
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
@Jwbuckl - Thank you again for doing some digging here and letting us know an office communication is pending.
Post 14 IP   flag post
San Francisco
@VTLV You are quite welcome!
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Jwbuckl Good to know... I always have the panning feature turned off with the &kb=0 parameter so I guess I'm good!
Post 16 IP   flag post
101635 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?